1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitba or music?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 14, 2017.

Discuss Fitba or music? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Luckily for me I get to choose both, hope they win every game they play.

2. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    you could always recite some poetry before the game.

3. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

Music i will never give up, but this question is evil:101:

4. Finn Balor

Now there's an idea!

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Can we have a compromise keep just Celtic nae other fitbaw, and get to keep our music.

Jax Teller and Mark1978 like this.
  6. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Would have to give up the footy, music plays far to big a part in my life.

7. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Well its impossible to give up football without giving up Celtic, but my point is, all sport completely would destroy me, as by nature i am competitive and have been a sports fanatic all my life. Celtic as a stand alone choice over muisc is no contest for me, but all sport, in my mind means all forms of competition, even chess, cards, any form of sport as such. I could not give that up anywhere near as easily as i could give up football or Celtic. Like i said earlier, in the USA and India and China football is not the be all and end all, so i would find alternatives to give me my fix.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  8. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Football would have to go

11. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Fantastic.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You didn't answer my question. What would you give up, Celtic or all other sports?

13. Pinstripe

Wow!!

14. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Sorry, misread that. If i had to give up Celtic or all other sports completely, id give up Celtic.

I guess id have picked another team and would probably be a Hibee as we speak.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Genuine question. Why are you on here? Wouldn't a generic sports forum be more to your taste?

Not only do you not have a passion for our football club but your politics and outlook on life seems to be at odds with the majority of Celtic fans.

I just don't understand what it is you get out of being on this forum.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  16. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Well we have been over this ground before have we not?

We all are at different places in our levels of passion. You live and breathe Celtic, i dont. I love football and Celtic, but life moves on for some people. It was the be all and end all once upon a time in my life.....but without having a pop at anyone else as we are all different.....i grew up, or spread my thoughts.

Just because i love sport in general does not mean i want to talk to 'sports fans'...its too wide a sweep. In here are fellow fans of my favourite team in my favourite sport...football. Im not the only one who has more posts outside Celtic Chat than in. I find it hard to contribute on present day matters as i dont attend matches, but i do read much of it.

As for my politics being different...how do you work that one out? I may not be that interested in Ireland as such, but i am left of centre politically and im anti monarchy, Please dont mention Scottish nationalism, as it wasnt me that changed. In fact i actually remember the post you made when you finally decided to change. 'ach why not', or words to that effect.

Ive used this analogy many times with you, but i'll try again. If you meet 100 people in a Glasgow bar, about 40 will be huns, 40 will be tims and 20 will say they dont care either way. But of the 40 huns/tims, there will be varying degrees of passion. Some will live and breathe it, and some will be 'fans' who never bother to go to games, and some wont even watch it on TV.....but the 40 will still claim that Celtic are their team. We are all in a different place in life. There are many fans who could have a go at you for not having a season ticket.....but you choose to spend your money on other things and justify it to yourself. Its all choice....you choose this and that and the odd game now and then, others with the same finances may choose a season ticket.

Let me ask you this. How much do you spend on drink and * and fast food per week? Which would you give up, Celtic or drink and * and junk food? It appears you have already made that choice.

edit. It isnt important to me that you understand why i like this forum, as long as i understand is all that matters. For what it is worth, although i clash to varying degrees with half a dozen people in here, you included at times, in the main, most of the guys in here are decent people and i have a good bit of chat and fun with them. No real secret is it? Same for you id imagine, but further up the passion ladder than me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What does that even mean, how do you grow out of Celtic? Plenty of pensioners still have deep rooted passion for the club. It's not something you turn on and off like a tap.

Do you attend many MMA bouts, boxing, tennis? You still manage to have a passion for them much more than Celtic. I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because quite frankly, you post a lot of * and consistently trip yourself up.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You just knew an MGM breakdown was on the cards with this thread as his Celtic supporter mask slips.

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    My grow up comment wasnt meant to mean that i grew up in the sense that i stop caring....i just care less. As others (they know who they are) have mentioned before, when we lose now, i shrug it off a lot quicker. When i was 16, it was the end of the world. (not a pensioner yet ya *!!! lol)

No i dont attend any live events. I watch on streams or on TV, maybe 70% of Celtic games. whereas i only watch the top UFC events....i dont watch all MMA. I rarely watch boxing unless a real major fight that attracts my attention. Tennis, again, i only watch the big games....and maybe only Andy Murray. Snooker i used to watch, but again not live.

The only reason i appear to watch so much sport is because i gamble. If i didnt gamble i wouldnt watch half as much as i do. Watching Celtic is the only repeat business i have in sport.

20. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    You havent being paying attention.....this conversation with SD is maybe the 3rd or 4th time we have had it over the last 6 or 7 years....and it follows the same pattern each time.