1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Financial Results

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Mar 26, 2023.

Discuss Financial Results in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a

Looking good for us

2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    We should be posting figures like that every season.

We really * up CL qualification too many times over the past 10-12 years.

If we win the league this season, which is looking very likely, we'll be straight into the group stages again. I really don't think you can overestimate how crucial that is for us. I know the money is crucial above all else as it allows us to plan our signings accordingly and get business done earlier, but I think avoiding qualifiers also allows us to have a more structured beneficial preseason. It really is a load off not having to rush players back from their holidays to prepare for season defining games in July and August.

Next season's title will also give us automatic CL qualification should we win it. I don't think we've ever made the CL group stages three years in a row in our history so next season is very important. We'd be looking at three years of over 100m in revenue.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A confidential report into Celtic’s finances has revealed they are on course to announce revenue of £112million for the year ending June, 2023.

That would represent a record annual sum posted by any Scottish football club and shares in the Hoops have subsequently increased to £1.73 – almost seven times higher than the 25p Stuart Gibson paid for each of his 4.2m Rangers shares at the end of January . The report was commissioned by the club’s stockbrokers, Canaccord Genuity Ltd, a global investment bank focused on growth companies with operations worldwide. Their report has been distributed privately to clients. The company suggests that investing in shares in the Premiership champions promises to be a bargain because it believes their price has been undervalued by the markets

Football finance expert David Low was Fergus McCann’s right-hand man when the US-based millionaire saved Celtic when they were just eight minutes from going to the wall 29 years ago. He studied Canaccord’s figures and, while they are clearly positive for Celtic, they won’t make good reading for their closest rivals in the Premiership title race and opponents in next month’s Scottish Cup semi-final.

The financial advantage Celtic have over Rangers is currently greater than it has ever been and Low claims that gulf is only going to become even wider in the foreseeable future. In 2022, Rangers reached the final of the Europa League (losing to Eintracht Frankfurt on penalties) then won the Scottish Cup before qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League. The Light Blues sold Nathan Patterson, Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo for over £30m yet they still trail their city rivals commercially.

Low said: “First of all, the numbers posted by Celtic in their interim accounts were fantastic. Then the projections made by Cannacord for the remainder of the financial year are equally impressive. The turnover of £112m would be a new record, a total which has obviously been boosted by Champions League participation

Should they hold on to their nine-point lead in the Premiership, that looks like being matched or more likely bettered next season because winning the title will see them automatically qualify again and there is an extra group match in the new-look competition.

The outlook for Celtic is compelling and gives the club the opportunity to put that money to good use in Europe. Canaccord are clearly impressed by the potential to grow that income, otherwise they wouldn’t have recommended their clients should buy shares, which they evidently believe are undervalued at today’s price. As to how that impacts the Scottish game, it means that Celtic are currently further ahead of Rangers financially than David Murray’s Rangers were ahead of the old board when Celtic almost went bust in 1994.”

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ka chiiiiiiing....:ange2:

5. Onefootwonder

We better put the finances to good use and increase the gap.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We did with strachan * knows where the money went though I believe they used it to pay off debt from O’Neil years and the training ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Always love a Celtic Finances story. Makes the season ticket all the more worth it.

Rydo1888* and gazb1888 like this.
  8. Foley1888

It’s not just that, if we finish the job on the league it opens up opportunities like this Japanese tour and Korean friendly which are other money makers too. It was rumoured when the Japanese tour was first mentioned it could be worth between £8-10m and that was before Oh came in and you add a game in Korea.

Glad to hear the figures mentioned as that was my estimate on what revenue would be I posted in the “where do we improve thread”.

I believe the OPEX profit plus net player trading being a small profit for the season, totalling around £18m, may well see us do what we did last year and try sign big money purchases before the 30th of June as that would reduce profits and offset tax liability so essentially money you would have been otherwise paying corporation tax on you would be using as transfer funds.

9. PaddyJamieson

* brilliant. With the payout promised by winning the league this year too.

Hope to see a few big investments in the first team squad over the summer.

martin_d likes this.
  10. Foley1888

This is it for me given where we are as a squad the now there is deadwood to shift to free up wages but it is just to do that as none of those out on loan need replaced at present. It would only be if we have some of our better players poached that we would need to sign a lot of players.

Also with the limitations created by the homegrown rules in Europe it is really trying to bring in 2 or 3 that can take the first team to the next level and then replacing any of the main first squad that do leave.

11. Foley1888

This is it for me given where we are as a squad the now there is deadwood to shift to free up wages but it is just to do that as none of those out on loan need replaced at present. It would only be if we have some of our better players poached that we would need to sign a lot of players.

Also with the limitations created by the homegrown rules in Europe it is really trying to bring in 2 or 3 that can take the first team to the next level and then replacing any of the main first squad that do leave.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  12. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
  13. celtic warrior

Funny how much our revenue can be insanely boosted if the fans see two things,

1. Manager is driving higher standards on the pitch

2. We are seeing fair investment into the senior squad when compared against our earnings

I know it ain't always that simple... but at its core we don't actually ask for a lot as a fanbase

martin_d and Lewis Kerr like this.
  14. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Hopefully this continues to on the pitch