1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 09 or PES 2009 ?

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by grünweissCFC, Aug 24, 2008.

Discuss FIFA 09 or PES 2009 ? in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. grünweissCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    SUPER HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WM, FoA, CS
    Which one will you get this fall and for what device?

-------

This year I´ll buy FIFA 09 first and PES2009 when it´s confirmed there are no online lags/problems and when it´s cheaper (used/imported)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  2. Craigyjac.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden In The Sun
    pro evo all the way mate, i heard its meant to have been taken to a whole new level for 2009

3. Harry Caray

PES oh yes :D

4. Ryan 67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Broony, Skippy, Heid, Lennon, Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS, Celtic Symphony and Sean South
    Probably buy both :50:

5. MomoSylla?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla = LEGEND
    Fav Celtic Song:
    " Let the People Sing "
  6. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    FIFA without a doubt.

7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'll be getting both for the PS3

8. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    havent played fifa for over 5 year

i watched a clip of the new fifa on youtube and it looked like they use the pro evo engine now

I dont have a ps3 or xbox 360 so i wont be buying any anyway !

9. irvy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,cauldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    pes09 but hope its much better than last years

10. Dan1888

Fifa for me.

11. daviebhoy88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap... AIDEN MCGEADY!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing/This Land Is Your Land
    Gettin both for the Xbox360

Fifa showed PES up last year so hopefully PES will have got its act together and Fifa will have built on the great gameplay of 08

12. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  13. superceltic67

PES all the way
    hate fifa since 2000 wont be going back load of pish

14. Fancy Pants

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    roamin in the glomin
    pes09 for the 360

15. Matt_20

Used to be a massive PES fan but then PES6 happened which I thought was a let down since it was way too similar to PES5. Still bought it and loved it but felt that Konami had put a minimum of effort into it.

PES2008 was * *, there's just no other way of putting it. Having monitored its progress on some PES websites and concluding it was a complete pish attempt shat out in five minutes by Konami, I only got Fifa because it looked amazing on PS3, and it was great for a while but not as durable for a whole year. I pretty much played PES6 for PS2 and PC for about 18 months and never got bored (partly down to the amount of patching you can get for it on PC). I really only play Fifa 08 now as its the only nearly updated football game I've got, but its wayy too predictable and boring and repetitive now. Still looks amazing and as close to a real football game as is out.

This year, Fifa 09 looks absolutely amazing but Pro Evo despite still falling short of the high standards it used to set, will also be getting bought as no matter how good Fifa looks, its always with the top teams in Fifa, with a * editing mode. PES allows you to edit and make Celtic realistic (not overrated, people assume thats what stat editing is but its not) and acceptable to play with. Fifa 08 just got boring because of the lack of detail they pay to Celtic and any team outside Barca,United etc...

16. KK-Bhoy

Is it possible to have a game with PES' gameplay but FIFA's graphics and licenses?

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    pro evo everytime.It has been disapointing the last two years but was still light years ahead of fifa in the gameplay/player animation dept. fifa is for ppl crap at pro.

18. opTIMus_405

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current = Naka & Zico, All time = Grant, Lennon & Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song, willie m & bhoys against bhigotry
    pro ev, no question

19. Matt_20

Every year FIFA gets a lot more like PES. You could call it nicking ideas but who gives a * when this combination would clearly provide the best game overall.

20. cfcpaolo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mjallby, Moravcik, Boruc, Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This Land Is Your Land
    I was brought up with FIFA, I first got into it when I got FIFA '96 for the Playstation. Since then, I got FIFA '97, '98, '99, 2000, 2001 for the PS1 and 2002 for the PC. I got a PS2 at Christmas '01 and was a gaming-obsessed teenager at that point. My best mate also got a PS2 and he had a then-unknown-to-me game called Pro Evolution Soccer.

I was blown away by PES's gameplay, after getting fed up with FIFA's repetitive nature of recent years, at the time. From that point on, I was definitely a Pro Evo man. I got PES 2, 3, 5 and 6 on the PS2 - (although there was hardly much change between 5 and 6). I also bought FIFA 2003 and 2004 while I had the PS2 and although they were enjoyable for a time, they didn't have the quality gameplay, essence, or durability that PES had.

Got my Playstation 3 last year, and as part of a bundle, got Need for Speed Pro Street, Skate and FIFA '08. At first I was sort of wishing that FIFA '08 would instead be PES 2008, but I thought 'hey ho' and gave FIFA a shot. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised... FIFA's gameplay has vastly improved, the graphics are great (on the next-gen consoles anyway), and the online function is awesome.

PES 2008, which my best mate had, was *. I felt it was too samey samey to PES 6 for the PS2 in terms of gameplay and even graphically, although it looks polished, on the PS3/XBOX 360. I'm getting disheartened about the lack of licensing in PES too, I mean, who honestly feels just as encapsulated in a league campaign when their team name is North London Red or West Midlands Village? It's just not the same...

As for the online mode on PES, it's just woeful. There isn't the same game options online as FIFA and the quality and fluidity isn't as enjoyable as FIFA's online gameplay.

So for me, after that life story, it has to be FIFA this year. I'm annoyed at people writing off FIFA even though they haven't probably played it for years. I was like that too, however, with last year's disappointment from PES, my PES-tinted glasses are well and truly off.