1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FFS Gonnae just sign somedy!!!

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by romeo9535, Jun 18, 2008.

Discuss FFS Gonnae just sign somedy!!! in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Is anyone else getting impatient with the lack of transfer activity? Getting linked with all these players is more teasing than anything else.

Anyone else ever notice that when the huns are linked with someone, a few days later they are signed sealed and delivered? With us it seems to drag on and on!

2. patto

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    WGS is away scouting and working for the tele, i'm sure something will happen when he comes back.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nope doesn't bother me in the slightest. Fans frustration is usually borne of the lack of Celtic games to watch during pre season so they need something to get excited about.

I personally would rather just wait until someones signed and we get to see them actually playing football. It's been this way ever since O'Neill came and always loved a last minute foray into the transfer market.

4. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Strachan done his last match coverage for BBC last night, I think hes staying for the last round of games tonight then heading home :shamrock: supposdly meant to be staying to watch Pavlyuchenko upfront for Russia tonight

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    lol too true Hammer

6. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    Calm down. The season doesn't start for another 7 weeks ffs. No CL qualifiers because we won the league.......remember? :icon_mrgreen:

7. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I am surprised we neveer maanged to arrange one Bosman this summer though.

8. Bhoys Dont Cry

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady and Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Best Day Of Our Lives.
    i can see where you are getting at mate and i feel the same but deep down id rather wait and sign somone decent..

look at who the huns have signed... miller,velicka and lafferty...
    need i say more.

9. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    I'd rather we waited and spent the money on someone of quality, rather than dash out and try to secure a few players that aren't good enough. Laughertty to the huns was a knee-* reaction by Murray. Why is it that as soon as we're linked with a player, the huns need to be too? We went in for him, it turns out he's a hun, then rankers buy him. They have effectively spent £6M on two strikers who can't score and are losing a quality player who can, in the process. I think Velicka will be the only success out of the three, goal-wise. Strachan is working/scouting, as we type and has already had his fingers burnt with rash signings. This would appear to be the summer where we are going to sew the seeds for moving up a stage in the Champions League. In my opinion, we'll sign two big players, of which one will be a striker, a centrehalf, a LB and another midfielder to replace one of Gravesen/Sno/Donati (although I wish we would keep Sno).

10. Drumbhoy

Totally agree! Patience is a virtue possess it if you can you'll find it in a woman but seldom in a man .... and all that *.
    It all looks like a lot of panic buying just now especially from the huns who are gearing up for the land of the giants to suit their hump it up the park and run about like headless chickens style.
    I believe WGS will take more time having been caught out with less than value for money signings last season.
    :50:

11. rabt1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc, Skippy, Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, some others we shall not mention .......
    Plenty of time yet, dont worry about it !! I'd be quite surprised if there wasnt some feverish work going on behind the scenes, and there might even be a wee few moves already close to agreement. We dont know, and you cant believe what they say in the papers.

I reckon we will be too busy looking for someone to take Gravesen and Balde off our hands 1st, then the new faces will come!

12. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley

That's true. I'd have been severely hacked off if we'd signed that lanky hun. I agree with the waiting thing as long as we get decent players. One little * of light is that WGS has his eye on players at the euros and they won't talk about signing until the euros are over! Fingers crossed anyway

13. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Mate I seriously still dont think we will bring in anybody that gets a first team game at any of the teams in the Euro's. We dont spend that much and to be honest would be suprised if we spent 6 mill to get Pavlyuchenko :celt_2:

14. Bhoys Dont Cry

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady and Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Best Day Of Our Lives.
    would be good though...

15. Pacific Ocean Blue

"good things come to those who wait"...

16. mhonybot

not worried what the huns have done. they have spent what, over 6/7 mil on strikers... and tbh they dont exactly strike fear on me

17. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    chill mate itl happen soon

18. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Why rush in, and sign a player just for the sake of it, have faith pistal pete will deliver the goods.

19. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Pistal Pete :56::56:Infact im heading home for the weekend tommorrow any of you's bhoy's care to tell what the weather is like in El Glasgow or Lanarkshire if anybody stays round about there

20. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Need to chill bhoys, Celtic are weighting up their option and will start making moves after the Euro Championships. Rangers may be actively signing players but they've signed 3 * strikers. We are after quality and some of our targets are playing in the Euros so we need to wait and see if they survive them without any broken bones and then makes moves