1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FC Sion v Celtic: 25/08/11

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seosamh Máirtín, Aug 22, 2011.

Discuss FC Sion v Celtic: 25/08/11 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Mate, broony probably doesny like you either, but at least he doesny talk about you 24/7. Honestly, 90% of your posts have something negative about brown in them. Give a rest.

2. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    To be fair to butch, broony was non existent again last night, when you go a goal down and a man down you look to your captain and he didn't inspire confidence for the team, classic running and just no first touch or awareness.

3. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Just came home from the * game. Sion totally outclassed us tonight. No passion, no commitment, no fighting spirit, no imagination. Chanceless and hopeless.

I wish I could have phoned Lenny to make a few substitutions. Sometimes I wonder if he knows what that word actually means.

No Stokes nor Paddy, just 9 lazy * (bar Kayal) on the pitch.

This was a disgrace gentlemen. Inacceptable.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was going to offer my opinion on the match but after reading a couple of pages I just can't be bothered. Feeling really gutted about the result and was really angry at Majstorovic. We made them look good.

5. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    this may be the pints talking and i daresay a bit knee *, but i'd be happy if that baldy * never played for us again after that; it was that bad. :47:

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In my haste I said the very same thing. He deserves to be fined wages for that sort of thing. Absolutely unnacceptable position to put us in.

7. Matt_20

I never thought I'd say this but I think Loovens has to be returned to the side. Must drop Majstorovic, absolutely calamitous from the most experienced player on the pitch. An utter disgrace, we should try and sell him this week but dropping him is a must.

I think Lennon needs a gamechanger, in the shape of (obviously) a new striker, a new centre half and punting someone out the team or changing the system. I said at the end of last season we fell short because we didn't have enough flexibility in our style of play, and it has cost us again, we can't break teams down when they sit in like Sion did in the first leg. Tonight's result was down to the players, not the manager, but that first leg was an equally dire performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
  8. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    in fairness till his injury, he was looking good (or at least not awful as his forte) and was mercifully, keeping dan out the team; * help us if we've managed to find a CB worse than glenda! only we could do that!! :56:

9. nunonunesmetal

is this the first time?

im a portuguese football fan , my favorite club closed doors a couple of years ago due to financial troubles (estrela amadora) .

tonight after watching the results i find out both rangers and celtic are out , since totenham also knocked hearts , im 34 i dont remember scotland not having at least one club , in european competitions is this the first time ever in the country?

also the very subpar club wise ireland , manage to put shamrock rovers in the groups , they knocked out partizan .

the big four in portugal went through , braga and sporting in europa , benfica and porto in champions .

what is happening to scotish football and why you guys think its becoming so subpar this days?.

ucranian league full of brasilians as a result , donets wins uefa cup , and last year reached quarter finals in champions league.

russian league another exemple cska also with a bazzilion brasilians won not many years ago the uefa cup.

in portugal porto last 24 years - won in 87 the champions cup - 88 european supercup - 88 intercontinental - 02 uefa cup - 03 champions league - 04 intercontinental - 2010 europa league - 7 trophys in 24 years , if they win (wich i doubt) against barcelona in the european supercup this friday , its going to be the 8 trophy in 24 years averaging , one international trophy every 3 years.

they had along this journey amazing portuguese players but, make no mistake the majority of porto players are SOUTH AMERICAN.
    because brasil is a potuguese ex colony brasilians can play in portugal as if they were not foreign , so theres no limits, a team can have in portugal 11 brasilians , braga was a good demonstration of that.

braga knocked celtic and sevilla to reach the champions , and won in the champions a game against arsenal, and two against partizan , 9 points for a first timer is really good, they finished in third place, in europa league they knocked lech poznan , liverpool , kiev , benfica , final lost to porto.
    bragas budget is less then 30% of both celtic and rangers .
    this year braga knocked young boys and is AGAIN in europa league .

the holland league also avoids south american players in most of the teams, and the championship in the country is decaying more and more , also the last decade of european competitions by teams from holland its disappointing.

germany and england are the only leagues that remain competitive without a huge number of south americans , but those leagues also have a less imaginative football.

italian league have lots of south americans.

would you guys accept to see celtic with 5 brasilians and 3 argentinians in the starting lineup , and possibly no scotch , for the sake of a more competitive celtic european wise ? .

i believe that teams like motherwell or hearts would become champions in scotland in a very short period of time if they embrace this SOUTH AMERICAN idea, because the quality of celtic and rangers football wise is not all that great , and in the last three years both have decayed quality wise.

romania also started investing heavily on south americans , cluj become champion and won the cup , steaua and dinamo lost everything.

will you fight this current reality ?
    or with results showing you would join the dark side?

give your opinions on how to improve the scotish league and celtic , and the possibility of having a league with 70% foreign players would you agree?.

10. emmetf

I worked today so I couldn't watch the game but I knew what the result would be.

* disgraceful.

11. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    was just thinking there about the game daniel majstorovic should never wear a celtic strip again after that moment of sheer stupidity i mean why the * would you do that i now fear i might have a nightmare tonight about this baldy * fud rant over !!!!!!

12. Markyy

why play samaras? useless as per, he was due a subbing at half time but 5/10 mins before the break he won a few headers and took the ball down well so lennon bypasses the fact we needed a natural left sided midfielder on, feel sorry for young hoopy ..90 mins despite not even completing a full training session before the game ..*? lennon has the passion and motivation, just so inexpierenced, just like the coaching staff ..nevermind, next season yeah haa, c'mon the hoops ..domestic treble is the least the players deserve, we do need a backup system for when hoopers out or a new striker .. 4-2-3-1 would suit best, dunno why lennon doesn't see it.

13. Lenny16

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Amen Brother.

14. scottythetim

Just woke up still gutted, cant believe that pathetic performance, no hunger, no desire
    [​IMG]

15. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Gutted is an understatement. Maybe we have to lower our expectations and realise that we are struggling in Europe because we play in a c*ap league? Buts thats no excuse for the performance last night, even with 10 players. Its not just last night but againt ST Johnstone as well, we keep playing players out of position, Sammy wide but Commons on bench? Top goal scorer Stokes on bench? Wrong players selected for gameplan and Tactics ? I hope this is not the first signs of Lenny losing the dressing room, refusing to start players. There is something not right at the moment, players not clicking, lack lustre and what looks like not carrying out instructions. Things need sorted quickly from the board, management team and players or this season will be over before we know it.

16. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    In the cold light of day as we sift through the dying embers of our European dream the post mortem begins!

17. hagmeister

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/Henrik - can't choose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all
    Who in their right mind would take this poisoned chalice??

18. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We've had some shockers away from home in europe recently but to not even last a single minute is really taking the *. Once again Lennon got his tactics and team selection wrong. Cha is our 3rd choice RB yet Lennon starts him in both games, he puts Samaras in again despite his dire form and, worse still, total lack of heart and desire, Majstorovic starts again despite being run ragged by a team who hadn't managed a goal yet this season, i could go on but i won't. The worst thing is Sion didn't even have to work for the win, it was so easy for them. Our passing was poor anytime we were under pressure, our final ball was shocking and the way we simply threw away possession time after time was criminal especially only having 10 men. The blame lies with everyone bar the fans, The board for continued lack of investment, the manager for poor tactics and atrocious team selection and also the players good and bad none of whom did themselves justice.

19. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    in fairness to the manager, you simply can't prepare a team for what that moron did after 40 seconds, the whole plan goes out the window

in hindsight, imo we weren't altogether bad with 10 men, i certainly feared the worse yet getting to ht at 1-0 was good and but for ki's mistake for the third, i think we might have just nicked a second and gone through

that said the manager isn't blameless, neil should have made subs earlier though, ki was knackered which showed in the goal he gave away at the end and hooper, although he wasnt playing too badly, was clearly struggling with injury and stokes should have been on;.. i accept that sending commons on for 2 minutes was a true "what the *" moment

some folk might disagree, but i do think but for dan's madness we would have won or least drawn; if this game proves anything it proves that dan's time is most certainly up

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I said the exact same thing. Fine him and hide him wherever the * we were hiding Juarez last season.