1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 16, 2020.

Discuss FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think that element of it needs to be added into the rule. The ball was not travelling in a direction that was dangerous to Celtic. If the ball was about to land at the feet of a Copenhagen attacker I can understand it. The rule needs tweaked.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would tend to agree with what you say there. We were clearly the better team in the first half and really could have put the tie to bed by half but you have to give their keeper credit he made 3 excellent saves in the first half followed up with another 2 excellent saves in the second. For me he was easily their man of the match as but for him we would have won the game on the night. Instead his performance and their teams second half when they were better then us got them a draw. Disappointing as getting the away win was there but an away score draw leaves us in a good place heading into the return next week at Celtic Park so not too disappointed overall.
    Will be anxious to hear the news on Scott Brown's injury and its extent.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  3. oh bhoy

If it was a deliberate handball then it should be a yellow card ,if it wasn't deliberate hand ball it ain't a penalty.

Also why did yer man who booted brown in the head not see yellow? VAR must of missed that dangerous challenge

4. Keano88

It doesn’t need to be deliberate.

Going by the new rules, if the ball hits your hand when it’s in an unnatural position, which makes your frame bigger, its an automatic penalty or free kick.

oh bhoy likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

Didn't know that ,even with the bonkers new rule don't think christies arm is an unnatural position

Westlondonscot and Mickmac like this.
  6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    For me that isn't a penalty. The booking is quite simply ridiculous and now he's out for an important match.

I'll keep saying it VAR will cheat its way through decisions for the big clubs. If that was Copenhagen against Man U or Seville or likes it ain't getting given, 100% guarantee on that. We will be similar. It'll also be used as and when they need it to benefit a big team in these competitions, I know it's the ladies footy but that Scotland match in the last tournie was just a carve up.

freitassen likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It's not. Hes flung himself in the air to header it and his arms are naturally out to help balance himself in the air for landing. You dont jump up like a pencil or you'll fall on your * :56:

I'd give it if the ball was going towards the other team for a goalscoring opportunity otherwise load if * imo.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wait...what? Lennon isn't a new and young manager, he's been in management for ten years now. He shouldn't be learning how to keep a 1-0 lead or turn it in to a greater lead.

Simply put, he got it wrong at half time. It happens. It's annoying. But it happens.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

9. JamesM09

Don’t really understand that logic mate. It’s as though there’s some shame in learning after a certain point in your career? If he’s got it wrong and not took a lesson from it then what’s the point?

Also I think this is only his second knockout round of European football and the first time against opposition near our level so it’s clearly a gap in his managerial experience..

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yeah, all players use their arms to jump, he didn't keep his arm up high, it lowered as he lowered. Players don't have hands by their sides when jumping. VAR just still leans towards interpretation and refs don't seem to know what unnatural is. You use your arms in all forms of leg movement, your arms when playing football will be in all sorts of positions

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guess it goes to show how we have progressed as a team that most fans are disappointed that we did not win a knock out stage European away game.
    What * me off was the way we folded in the second half, its fine having silky players like Forrest Christie Ely etc but there comes a time that we need to dig in, scrap it out, Brown of old would have dragged us up. He just needed some help, bit like Huns games. And Bitton is never going to do that.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We had a 1-1 at cluj am not taking anything for granted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes but now we have CJ and the wall

littlekennie likes this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeh that is a good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Whilst I still think we were a better team than Cluj I've got be honest and say their results have impressed me more and more this season. I definitely underestimated them, more than once actually. I fancied us in CL quailifer. Then when we drew them in the Europa I thought they would be the also-rans in the group. They drew 1-1 with Sevilla at home and probably will go out now but I would no way right them off yet

Would say they're a superior team to the Danes mate.

Ps- Sevilla probably now take them for 5 now I've typed this!!

littlekennie likes this.
  16. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Just back from the game. Some craic. Copenhagen fans were decent, made a lot of noise and joined in the party with us.

Unlucky not to have been a few goals up at half time. Strange game in the second half especially. We should see them off no bother in the return leg.

4691CB90-AC71-45E5-B2FE-CB5FF6AD1492.jpeg

17. jay62

i think the reason most of us are feeling dodgy , is that ..... was it just a case of momentum swings.... or do we wilt when an above average team gets in our * and doesnt give us time?

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Any video of the Forster penalty save around? The BT highlights on Youtube annoyingly overlay a reccommended video in the exact wrong time and place to see it.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    PiotreQ and Whoflungdung like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The rule is if you’re making yourself bigger and it hits your arm. Arm was up and away from him, so by the rules it’s a handball