1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 16, 2020.

Discuss FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Strange and frustrating game

We should have finished the tie in the first half. Our team has a knack of being extremely wasteful and not taking enough of our chances when on the front foot, granted their keeper had a blinder but we should have been 0-3 at half time, and that's the tie done..

Came out in the second and got our arses handed to us. Extremely disappointing stuff, I worry for us whenever a team presses us, we collapse. This was a poor Copenhagen side here ffs. To be clinging on and almost losing the game is a worry considering the opponent.

I have no clue why we resort to route one lumping the ball up to Eddy and panic stations when we are pressed? It's not the first time it's happened and won't be the last until Lenny and the staff address it. If we win the tie I doubt we'll advance further until we come up with a solution to this. Fraser won't be able to save us every time

2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know these days they're given for that but it is ridiculous and needs to be changed. As said, hands/arms in natural position (for jumping), unintentional, short distance to the ball and didn't prevent a goal. Ridiculous - handing teams goals out of nothing and unfairly changing results.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think you've got to give Copenhagen some credit. They came out very fired up for that second half and played some good football. Granted we were poor and sat too deep but we were also very unlucky not to score at least once in that second half with the chances we had.

Absolutely nothing wrong with taking a 1-1 back to Parkhead.

Mickmac and Whoflungdung like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Let’s be honest it’s no really, no point exaggerating.

In today’s game it’s a handball but should it really be using common sense and the fact it was a clear accident, unintentional and most importantly didn’t stop a clear goal scoring opportunity.

5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It's a clear 'VAR' penalty and we all knew it but for me in the past it's a 50/50 that could have gone either way to be honest!!

KRS-1888 likes this.
  6. freitassen

No bother, we all make mistakes. Good luck to you Brøndby guys

seamus1967 and Whoflungdung like this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Was a definite penalty, but thought the yellow card was unwarranted.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  8. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

VAR has ruined football.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  9. john2061

The worry for me is Lenny hasn't got a plan b when a team like the zombies or Copenhagen in the second half go and high press our midfield and you see what happens in those games we are over run and got our backs to the wall defending .

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I don't know and can't be arsed looking it up but i will say that there was no INTENT from Christie last night. Which obviously now means * all. The way he jumped i think there's a debate to be had over unnatural position....you know where i'm going here......try jumping like that with your hands by your side. You may as well not * bother.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EVERYONE at Celtic would like to sincerely thank all our supporters who travelled to Denmark for last night’s match against FC Copenhagen.

As ever, our fans travelled in huge numbers and once again gave the team such magnificent support, as the players did everything they could to deliver such a positive result.

We sincerely appreciate the fantastic commitment and sacrifice from our fans in travelling throughout Europe in support of the club.

The support we have received has been crucial this season as we have travelled to so many difficult venues. We have enjoyed some great trips already his season in Europe and Neil, his backroom team and the players have given so much to deliver so many great performances and results.

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pretty much..

I knew he'd give that penalty because of the joke handball rule and VAR but it's still a laughable handball..

He goes up for a header with the guy. Back to the ball and the defender head's the ball off his arm from a yard or so as it's out due to the jump. Nothing intentional/deliberate about it and didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity..

The fact he goes to the monitor, checks it and then decides to book him as well is even more laughable..

I didn't even clock the handball in the lead up to their goal. They just decide to use it when they feel like it..

So the handball rule is a joke and so is VAR..

KRS-1888 likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep..

Especially when it's Christie up against a big centre half. He's basically no chance when no using his arm's as leverage..

Game's gone anyway. Sick of talking about VAR or the rules..

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * lottery mate!!....which is actually crazy saying that when that's what it was probably trying to negate. However, in a lot of cases when you throw in bat * crazy referees and control rooms it's worse than ever.:56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    This should be a lesson to us by the way..

In most league's now if the ball touches the hand/arm the ref will blow instantly. We saw the Copenhagen reaction to the penalty....every player surrounding the ref. When the handballed it by our box just before the goal.....I can't remember much reaction?

If that was Copenhagen or any other European side....they'd have been at the official complaining..

Staggering how they make it up. Johan or Currie in the studio were talking about it being a next phase maybe. Nah. We barely got it away from being by our own box so that's no kinda advantage and a load of pish..

As I say....they just make it up as they go along. If that was Liverpool or someone last night....VAR would've extensively checked the Copenhagen goal and went back..

16. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    Just watched the game back there. Pausing and reminding from time to time. Something l noticed which is becoming a bit of a habit is Jullien and Ajers lack of discipline in position. Countless times they are practically standing on top of each other and its obvious they are not on the same page. If we have any chance of getting into the later rounds, it's imperative that these guys get communicating. Does that come from Lenny or does it just happen when they click... l dunno??

Also... Hayes should never play LB again.

Also... Ntcham was at fault for their goal ... he needs to cut out fancy footwork in our 3rd. He does that all the time ... got found out playing classier opposition.

17. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    It was never ball to hand. It's gone mad a wee bit this game tbf.

18. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    He'd be numero uno on my team sheet. His absence will swing the tie more 50/50 even at Paradise.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Gamesmanship mate and as you say we need to get our * together here. I've long been an advocate of playing them at their own game. The Latins have been at this since time began!! Still recoil when I think of those corners against Juve at CP.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    McChiellini.. and y_n_w_a like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Agreed bud :50: