1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 16, 2020.

Discuss FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Its a pity we won't have Christie for the home match due to suspension.

2. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Many times at CP we have done what they done to us against better teams. That's why it's called the home advantage.

I think we'll win by at least 2.

Rydo1888*, CH4, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  3. willmc31

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    2-0 next Thursday at Paradise :)

Celtic Frost likes this.
  4. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

2-1 is mine can be 3-1

Captain Brown likes this.
  5. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Celtic will take this team apart next week. We'll set the tempo high with a full house and win by 3. They're a workman like team who had to play better 2nd half, we were poor 2nd half and still created the better chances.

Hammy89 and ArturBorucCSC like this.
  6. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Confident that if we play like that and create the chances again we will go through.
    Stay calm folks:drag:

7. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When we were on top (and even when we weren't) we created loads of chances but their keeper played great and we were unlucky. When they were on top they created one good chance. That suggests to me we're better than them in attack and defence. As long as we play with plenty of energy next week we should beat them.
    I thought not for the first time in a big game when things got tough Ntcham wasn't good enough - he didn't contribute enough and gave the ball away under pressure. With Christie suspended next week I'd like to see Soro get a game at the weekend to see what he can do. He looks like he could be pretty dynamic and that's what we needed in the midfield in the 2nd half.

8. DonnyCelt

Woke up this morning with a less annoyed head on. Yes we should be out of sight in the tie but we have the advantage and I'm confident we will finish the job comfortably next week

9. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    Don't understand people slating players like Ncham and Hayes. Good players don't become bad players during the half time break.
    The formation Lenny played was wrong, I predicted we'd be over run in midfield. As it turned out it took the Copenhagen manager untill half time to be able to set his team up to exploit the weakness in our formation.

Once he did it was obvious we had to change, but we didn't until it was too late and even then we made the wtong changes.

Only one person to blame for the second half performance, Lenny. Let's hope he learns from it.

CH4 and buchanbhoy like this.
  10. JamesM09

Yeah pretty clear Lenny got it wrong at half time, either with tactics or mentality.

Really we should’ve made adjustments to turn a 1-0 into a 3-0 but something went wrong. Lennon is still learning so he should try and take the lesson from it for the future.

All in all I feel we should be a bit disappointed but still confident we can go through. It reminds me of Cluj in the qualifiers. Felt we were a better team than them but let them off in the away game and we’re rightfully punished in the home game.

I reckon we’ve learned though and will win comfortably at Parkhead.

11. PiotreQ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Well, frankly I'm a little bit disappointed, especially after the first half when we dominated and were superb. I was hoping to see the same team in the second half. But overall it's a good result. We have an away goal so things are good. We should finish the job at CP.

12. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    We'll finish this at paradise but for * sake Celtic drop the bi polar football..excellent and pure * / absolute highs and lows in the same game.....

CH4 likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, the 2 halves were total polar opposite performances. From composed, incisive play in the first to jittery and sloppy in the 2nd.

I think Copenhagen knew that they needed a comeback in that 2nd half to progress in the tie and as a result went all guns blazing. We done the right thing sitting back and hitting them on the counter but we didn't execute it particularly well, although we could still have got a 2nd. Ntcham losing possession in that area is criminal, such a cheap goal to lose away from home.

On the whole 1-1 is a very good result, we have more than enough to finish the job off at home next week.

leeso-ardoyne, PiotreQ and Hammy89 like this.
  14. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I just wish Eduard would use his talent to chip it over the goalkeeper more often when on a 1 and 1, numerous times recently his shots are hugging the grass with the keeper spread out on his line blocking it. A wonderful talent but he has to convert those chances that come to him.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I just watched the highlights on BT Sport's YouTube channel.

We weren't dominated in the second half by any stretch. I think they played better football but we still had the better opportunities in front of goal by FAR. They had three decent chances all match. One in the first half and two in the second half (one was the penalty and the other was their goal). We had 3 in the first (one we scored) and two or three in the second half. On another night Edouard would've had a hattrick in the first 15mins.

Fine margins though and it could bite us in the * at Celtic Park. They've got some decent players, but so do we and we've shown we're more than a match for them.

The handball rule is a * joke btw.

Mickmac likes this.
  16. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I honestly find it shocking how that’s a pantry for handball. They really need to revise the rules on that. To think a header from 1 foot away that is clearly not on target hits a players arm as they jump could decide a whole match is a disgrace.

I’m all for giving penalties when the shot is on target and reasonable chance of resulting in a goal

I’m after settling from last night and we move on , could’ve won but never gonna be simple away from home. We have a great opportunity to get through first knockout since I was a child so roll on next week. HH

Westlondonscot and Mickmac like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    At this level you can't miss that many chances and still expect a result.

Fair play to them.. they came out second half and bullied us. Was probably a great game for the neutral but for us it was a shocking second half.
    Never confident we can keep a clean sheet - just to many mistakes in the back four.

Second leg is NOT a formality ( though it could have been ) We might be favourites but they will come with hope and they made enough chances to think they can go for it over here.

Get everyone fit and get into the next round .. a good performance would be nice but honestly i dont care, Just Win

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. PiotreQ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
  20. Dip 'n' Swerve

Too many players are riddles wrapped up in an enigma in the current team... ntcham, ajer, Christie, forrest, mc gregor - we have too many current players who can go 2-4 games and perform then all of a sudden disappear or become less influential in major games and simply wilt away. Larsson, hartson, Sutton, balde all stood up on big European nights. I think in European fixtures when we play away from home we get bullied in a physical manner and also over run, as much as I really like Frimpong, if el hamed was playing we would have faired much better in defending from long balls, corners and cross field balls. obviously we can only play those available for selection. I am hoping soro has been chosen as an ideal replacement for brown, as we can all agree once he leaves the pitch the team crumble and lack any sort of team shape. In 2020 we have been brilliant but a constant theme in the last two seasons has been to see off teams, especially in Europe with limited chances they all need to be taken. 2-0 at half time or 2-1 ( mc gregor should have slipped in eddie ) would have been ideal. In hindsight after the Cluj defeat in the CL stages, if we were all told to progress at home in a second leg fixture at celtic park with a 1-1 first leg score to Copenhagen would we all bite your hand off. Hail Hail and big performance on Sunday and Thursday night. Next season thoughts - like to see Frimpong pushed into RW and take pressure of forrest at times, bed dembele, shved & soro more into the team and sign a impact LW and another centre half... elyounoussi needs go on a great run to think of getting the henry hippo account open for him.

bkk bhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.