1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fans accepting 2nd best.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Feb 28, 2020.

Discuss Fans accepting 2nd best. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Fortress Celtic was last really seen under MON. As for Europe other than aforementioned we've not been a force in Europe of any note since the early 70's. I've said before on here MON gave an interview after Villareal put us out in the quarters, the year after Seville i think?? it was, and his words were prophetic to this day. In a nutshell he said if we wanted progress form where he had taken us if was going to some serious cash that he knew wasn't going to be forthcoming. The level we're at if we're not 100% or close to it then teams like Copenhagen will do us.

I feel you could be in for a long wait. Gets easier with age. Still not easy though and with a wife and 2 kids in the house it still bothers me way more than it should. We're all the same though.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't think last night's exit was down to finances or lack of investment in the team, we went from a great first 45 over there to a total mess of a performance on our own ground, it was keystone cops at the back and the vast majority of players were posted missing.

buchanbhoy and jocksteinupper like this.
  3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Exactly. We're a better team than that mob. BUT we're not that much better we can defend like that and expect to overcome them. Needed a decent performance with no mistakes and we wern't close on either.

Rydo1888*, Britwell bhoy and The Prof like this.
  4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    What would you say the risk is, as in if it does not reach the desired success? Do we punt Lenny? Try and get a "higher calibre" manager?

Think about and explain what you think the cost would be if it were to go * up. * just fire buzz words out like they just learned what it means. Ambition within our means is the best we can do, have you not noticed what happened across the city chasing an impossible dream? What is this about Lenny being accountable for his coaching? * ridiculous trying to slate the man after the season we've had so far. Most times we won't reach qf/sf regardless of money spent, which in our case is absolutely finite.

5. john2061

Think alot of fans are hurting more because that lot across the river are through and Lenny hasnt learned after the champions League exit with the same 1-1 away scoreline .
    Our January window was a joke we were needing a centre half and failed to bring one in and then spend 5.5 million on two players and there been no sign of them since .
    We need to get back to winning ways on Sunday and go for another treble .

buchanbhoy likes this.
  6. JIMMYD1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can you lmagine our team. If we still. Had VVD, Dembele and Wanyama, Tierney... We need to stop selling our best players.

7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Easier said than done unfortunately. If players like Tierney who have grown up supporting the club want to move on at the first opportunity then what chance do we have in keeping any of the other players listed?

But yes we would have a very good team if we could keep them. The thought of seen Dembele and Edouard having a longer run as a pair up front would have been unreal. Jullien and VVD at centre back. I could go on but it just depresses me :giggle1:

JIMMYD1967 likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You not the * who was shouting the leagues not over.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No need to the * comment and yes there is still a title race until it’s mathematically done

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Stop acting like one then.

You’re the most hysterical * on here.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah don’t think I am tbf.

some of the * last night are seriously going to struggle when we inevitably lose a title race one day!

12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    12 points clear, league cup in bag and still in Scottish and we have a thread with this title!!!

:56::56::56:

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Telling ye when we lose a title most of the Millennials in our support will struggle!

lazyregula and jocksteinupper like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sometimes you just go out, you had lady years Champions league semi finalists and europa runners up going out in the last 32.
    If you look at the teams who have won the Europa league in recent years it is big money teams such as Chelsea, Atletico, Man United and Sevilla. We were not going to win that. We have won 10 trophies running and 8 leagues running. If you can't be happy then there is something wrong

JIMMYD1967 likes this.
  15. john2061

The amount of money we have spent on guys who don't see the light of day in the side is unreal and the scouts would be better trying to find a couple of established players who can walk into the team and the 5.5 million we spent in January could have got us a not bad centre half who could have made a difference last night and * jozo would have been sitting on his * either on the bench or the stand .

JIMMYD1967 likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Here is some straight talking - what a load of *.

Dannybhoy81 and Keano88 like this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    £5m wouldn't buy a player who walks into our midfield. McGregor, Brown, Christie, Forrest, Ntcham, Rogic and Elyounoussi are all there. We needed another striker as I'm sure the management team were not sure how Griff would be, a high quality one won't come to us to be 2nd fiddle to Eddy. If they are going to be 2nd choice they will go to a bigger club.
    I admit Soro was a weird buy and I think the money should have been spent on a cb.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Unbelievable:56:

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There is a difference saying I would accept 2 draws as to we deserve better threads! We have done very well this season but the run in will be one of the toughest in terms of away games we have faced in a very very long time!

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You said bite the hand off..

We've pumped everyone since the turn of the year and new system. Fir Park and Rugby where we've struggled a fair bit....We've won easily..

No one's saying we'll have any easy game's but I EXPECT us to still go and do Livi and Hibs away...despite what our recent record's say..

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.