1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Media vs Traditional Media in Scottish Football

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Apr 28, 2021.

Discuss Fan Media vs Traditional Media in Scottish Football in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thought this was a good watch.

Wee Baldy and HoopswithPride like this.
  2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    The two-footer to Spiers about "succulent lamb" was class. And in a way, it highlights the problem with Scottish Media.

I prefer fan media to be honest. For the reason above.

The biggest story in Scottish Football and the main media couldn't criticise because they were "baw deep" with the main players in the whole fiasco. We were told by those same people, that we couldn't or shouldn't punish the offenders because we needed them. Essentially trying to tell us that one club was above all else. A clear case of players signed illegally, and yet we were told it was "WON on the pitch". That was the tipping point for me with regards to purchasing or following mainstream media. The biggest culprits in my opinion were and are the BBC. Their part in this whole story was a shambles and after telling us about how bad this was. Those who they employ to provide coverage is filled with numerous "EBT recipients"

Sky's coverage of the game is a shambles. The lack of effort is shown in those they employ and the level of output. We know its a gap fill for them and we are used (Scottish Viewers) to boost numbers for their other programs.

Fan media can also be hit and miss. But they put the effort in and try to provide a lot more information than the main stream.