1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by The Thumb, May 30, 2018.

Discuss Fallout 76 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

Artorias likes this.
  2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    *, I better get through Fallout 4.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Didn't see that coming.

4. Moustache

It’s some sort of online game according to Kotaku:

There were also these posts on 4chan as well (all of which came before the announcement):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I've not finished fallout 4 yet !

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Artorias likes this.
  6. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I hope its not an MMO

7. TimFloyd Gold Member

New fallout

[​IMG]

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  8. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Those people, speaking anonymously so as not to damage their careers, confirmed that Fallout 76 is an experimental new entry in the longrunning post-apocalyptic series. When Bethesda first teased the game on Tuesday morning, fans and pundits speculated that it might be a Fallout 3 remaster or a New Vegas-style spinoff in a new location, but as Kotaku reported that afternoon, it is in fact something completely new and completely different. The teaser might lead Fallout fans to believe that this is a traditional entry in the series, but according to our sources, that’s not the case.

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

The game is named after the series’ Vault 76, which has been mentioned in both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. According to Fallout lore, Vault 76 was meant to open just 20 years after the nuclear war, allowing for a far less civilized setting than previous games. Fallouts 3 and 4, which are full of cities and settlements, both take place over 200 years after the war, after much of the population has had time to reconstruct human civilization. Fallout 76 will feel very different. As the narrator of the trailer says: “When the fighting is stopped, and the fallout has settled, you must rebuild.”

Fallout 76 is in development not just at Bethesda Game Studios’ main office, in Maryland, where the likes of Skyrim and Fallout 4 were made, but also at the company’s newest branch, in Austin, according to our sources. That Austin studio, formerly known as BattleCry Studios, had been working on an online hero combat game called BattleCry before that game was canceled. “We have concerns about the BattleCry game and whether it is meeting the objectives we have for it,” Bethesda told press in the fall of 2015. “We are evaluating what improvements the game needs to meet our quality standards. The studio remains busy during this process on multiple projects.” In March, Bethesda announced that BattleCry Studios had become part of Bethesda Game Studios.
    https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-...-rpg-1826425333/amp?__twitter_impression=true

ChrisMoh likes this.
  9. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Hope this is * better than Elder scrolls Online, what a pile of * that is..:giggle1:

Positive though that this is actually being developed by Bethesda..

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Release date supposedly leaked on Amazon..
    IMG_20180601_182513.jpg

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Fallout and * are two words that do not go together so no need to worry.

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Well, Fallout 4 was a disappointment..

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It was a disappointment but still a very good game.

14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Put a fair amount of hours into it, but honestly found most of the game rather forgettable. Pales in comparison to previous Bethesda titles..

Fiferbhoy1991 likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yeah, I much preferred New Vegas. Obviously it doesn't come close to Skyrim.

16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Aye, I'd agree with you there. New Vegas is arguably the best in the series. Ironic that it wasn't actually developed by Bethesda..

17. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fallout 4 is the only game in the series I've got into and everyone seems to hate it.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I liked it, but I was underwhelmed. Thought Diamond City was a huge let down, which is a big factor in my disappointment with the game as a whole. Might sound like a weird complaint, but in these massive open world games, I love a few big towns or cities that have plenty to do and feel 'alive'. Diamond City was just far too small.

The fact that it came out after The Witcher 3 also didn't help. The Witcher absolutely puts it to shame.

Artorias likes this.
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The reason behind the lack of settlement's in 4 supposedly, was that you were to create your own through the building mechanic. Pity they never really expanded on it, and what was there was a * chore to use.

20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    be good to see a fallout tactics(old pc) game again.similer to shadow tactics.

im actually glad its going to be online,fallout 3 is an alltime classic,but there isn't much of a jump between fallout vegas,fallout 4,like a lot games today I suppose not just the fallout series.glad there going online with this,look forward in seeing how they do it.