1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FA Cup 2019-20.

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Oct 7, 2019.

Discuss FA Cup 2019-20. in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He asked to leave, NL confirmed it, he * off first offer like his previous boss.

He * me off more than Rodgers as at least that sneaky * you could see it probably happening.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hope Arsenal win it. Good to see Tierney doing so well.

Arteta needs backed in the transfer window, because he's clearly improved them.

Valhalla likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Bingo! He was the one pushing for the move, all this massive Celtic fan * he can ram up his hole.

moravcik1888, Conlon and dbhoy72 like this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It wasn’t his first offer to leave. He could’ve left for Arsenal when Deila was manager.

5. stew37

I was disappointed when he left, I didn't think he would in all honesty, with the 10 coming. Don't know what the chats were like behind closed doors.

Speaking very hypothetically, i wouldn't have left, but I still wish him well.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We can say we wouldn't leave but we are not footballers.

In the end him doing well will only make it easier for us to get more money for other players. Even if you don't like him (I do), that alone should make you hope he does well.

stew37 likes this.
  7. stew37

That's why I mean very hypothetically lol. I'm no him, don't know what he's thinking, what he's been told etc.

I'd like to think that given the chance to play for us id never want to leave until I wasnt able to play to the standard required. But I'm in no position to speak confidently.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzing for him.

Clearly wanted to test himself at a higher level and starting to thrive.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Weird.

Rodgers left us in the middle of the season and took half our backroom staff with him, to go to a no mark English club with a bit of money. Tierney had every right to want to progress as a player by playing week in, week out at a higher level.

If people are more * off at Tierney then it's their own fault for obviously believing he would be here for the rest of his career. It was never going to happen.

Westlondonscot and Valhalla like this.
  10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope Arsenal wins the cup then Tierney will be only the 4th Ex-Celtic player to win both the Scottish Cup and English FA Cup as far as i know.
    The others being Dalgliesh and McClair and Macari.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I never thought that, but did think at his age he would stick around for 10.

Robertson joined Liverpool in his mid 20s so I'm not having all the it may not come again pish that you hear, if he's as good as he's made out to be it would have happened.

Tierney went for money and Rodgers went for money.

I'm only interested in him maybe making money, and don't want to see him anywhere near our park as a player if he's coming for a top up i. e. Keane/llunjberg

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I meant the people who outright call him a disgrace for leaving. I think it would be nice to spend your career at your boyhood club but these things will be a rarity.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He doesnt * me off more than Rodgers. That's just broken heart ex girlfriend pish.

Rodger actions have gave me an intense dislike for him.

Tierney will forever be known as megaphone * to me, but deep down if arsenal came along to me and offered 100k a week and a good few million quid in the bank sign on... well part of me doesnt blame him. Still a megaphone pick though.

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You do know that Leicester are better than Arsenal don't you?

In terms of saying wages, Rodgers is probably getting more than Tierney and most certainly in bonuses.

Leicester are far more attractive than Celtic, it's deluded to think otherwise. Arsenal have a big fancy stadium but they're not going to be winning a league anytime soon, neither will Leicester.

Players have more chance of a move than a manager ever will, just look at one of our greatest, Tommy Burns. And there's a thing called a transfer window for players, that doesn't apply to managers.

Anyway, both two faced *, hate Man U but hope they slap Leicester and Arsenal (or even Chelsea).

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Leicester can suck my boaby

Gyp Rosetti and dbhoy72 like this.
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Mines too, totally with you there.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The better team, they are higher this season but I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester fall next season, also Arsenal are in a final so have more chance of winning something.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    People really comparing Tierney to Keane and Ljungberg :giggle1:

Spring Time likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes I do know that. I also know Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the UK, 3rd biggest down south, and have a far higher ceiling than Leicester do. Leicester are a no mark club who had a freak season a few years ago. They'll quickly regress to the mean.

The transfer window doesn't apply to managers. No *. What's your point? It doesn't change the fact he * off the day before a massive game in the league and tried to leave us with a skeleton staff. Tierney left the "normal" way. Season had finished, and we had time to get a replacement. Rodgers left us having to scramble, and thankfully Lennon was available at the time or * knows what would have happened.

Aside from all that, most fans think Rodgers is a fud because of all the nonsense he hit out with i.e. the Danny McGrain story. Tierney left, but he's a proper Celtic fan. Not a snake oil salesman.

It's easy for us to say we'd stay at the club our whole career if we had the chance, but he'd won everything he could with us by the age of 21/22. He could stay with us and hope to get to a quarter final of the EL, or one day back to the last 16 of the CL. Or he could move to a better league, play with and against some top class players, try to win different trophies...all while getting a * load more money. It's hardly a betrayal.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Couldnt give a * about English football but due to the lack of football recently I will watch the Man U v Chelsea match later. The fact its a cup game gives it some interest.