1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

F1 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Tulf, Jan 10, 2012.

Discuss F1 Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tulf

Haven't seen a thread for general discussion on F1 so thought i'd make one. Anyone looking forward to the new season?

who is your favourite Driver, Team ect?

2. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Im a bit of a fan, but not a fanatic.I do look forward to the coming season every spring, but i dont have a favourite team or driver as such.On any given day or race, i will want a different driver to win for one reason or another.
    However, i do tend to support any Scottish driver......and still feel gutted at Coulthard allowing Hakkinen his first win.....which opened the flood gates and to me, kept him the No2!
    So its DiResta for me this year, but as he wont win it, i will probably chop and change who i want to win.I quite like Button, dont mind Hamilton or Vettel.Not a Ferrari fan usually, and have a love hate thing(more hate)with Schumacher.
    Is Raikkonen back this year?

3. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    cant stand Hamilton. dont mind Button, and you have to admire Vettel. To be as succesful at his age, obv a lot of it is the car but he is undoubtedly a good driver. quite like webber too

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Love F1 (obviously) :icon_mrgreen:

I've never had a favourite team, i usually follow drivers. And while i wouldn't say i dislike any (maybe whinge-bag Barrichello) i have soft spots for Button, Hamilton and Alonso.
    Used to worship Schumacher in the days he was in crap cars driving rings around everyone else.
    Shame he came back and has ruined it all.

And yes Raikkonen is back this year with Lotus Renault. Should be interesting.

5. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    I adore F1 and can't wait until March for the new season.

I like Button he is a very clever driver and IMO much better than Hamilton. Hamilton is entertaining to watch but he's far too reckless and moans like a * everytime the stewards rightly pull him up for something. It's always someone else's fault with him.

Alonso is a superb driver, just a shame Ferrari are pish at the moment. I think if he was in a Red Bull he'd be top of the pack.

Vettel is superb and unlike the last very successful German driver he seems like such a nice a nice guy and is full of fun not a cheating * who relied on team orders and sneaky tactics. As much as I like him I hope he's alot less successful next year as last season was boring (Canada aside) with him winning almost everything and making very few mistakes.

Feel really sorry for Webber, if someone in F1 gets the rub of the green it certainly won't be him.

Hopefully Red Bull will have more of a challenge next season and you'd expect Mclaren to be stronger next year since they got hardly any testing done last season. I hope we see Mercedes and Lotus (Renault Lotus) improve and maybe put a bit of pressure on the big 3 teams.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Does anyone ever watch the espn shows where there is a documentary covering any given year from the past, usually from the 70's?Those guys were completely mental.There was one race where a guy's car went up in flames in the middle of the track,(he died) and they just raced around it....and finished the race!!!
    I remember hearing some ludicrous stat years ago, along the lines of a Grand Prix drivers chances of dying if he drove for 5 years, were about 1 in 3......!The sport has totally changed.

7. Heb Celt

Been into F1 for years but when Vettel sealed the chamionship just past the midway point it got a bit boring.Really hoping that Ferarri and McClaren can put up more of a fight this year.Would be great seeing Paul Di Resta up there too,but i think Force India have a year or 2 to go before they are mixing it at the top,they're improving every year so heres hoping.

8. Heisenberg

always want jenson button to win but i can't stand lewis hamilton.

It's a shame how ugly the cars have got now, they used to look incredible but now they look so ugly it's unreal.

Look at this for the 2006 car, raikkonen i think, so much nicer than the cars they use just now with the oversized wings etc

[​IMG]

9. Markybhoy

My favourite team is Ferrari. I don't really have a favourite driver at the moment. I do have a least favourite though - Lewis Hamilton. Can't stand him.

10. kris_bhoy_1916

Mark webber and vettle i like red bull. I hate lewis hamilton too.

11. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Very true the cars aren't as pretty anymore but it's all to do with the regulations that try and slow cars down to improve safety. The V10 cars were incredible but the fact they had traction control and launch control was ridiculous and took an element of driver skill away that are thankfully back now. Massa is a good case in point when you see how often he spins in the modern cars compared to the older cars with traction control.

Even more restrictions will be in in a few seasons with the cars having 1.6 turbocharged V6s when the 2.4 V8s are dropped.

KERS and especially DRS are a * send since overtaking was so scarce.

12. ORIGINALS

I like it. Favourite team is renault because i used to love kubica, always like to see renault and their drivers doing well. Vettel is easily the best driver there is just now, but my fa ourites atm are webber button and di resta. Hate hamilton, dont think hes anything special at all, when he won the championship it was because he had a far superior car to anyone else, and now that mclaren dont have the best car, hes been shown up to be an average driver, and hes a cheat.

13. Tulf

good to see a few folk into it. My favourite team is Sauber, Kobayashi should really be in Webbers car, in my opinion, brilliant driver. Also can't wait to see how Paul Di Resta does, hope he step it up again from last year, also nice to see Kimi back in a F1 car.

and I hate Hamilton like mostly everyone else :56:

14. Heb Celt

Does anybody use Autosport site?Probably best site for F1 news.They do a fantasy league every year too,came close one year,got into top 100.

http://www.autosport.com/f1/

15. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Kubica has broken his leg in an accident at home :(

16. Heb Celt

* * that man has no luck.Fantastic driver who should have been in one of the top 3 teams,before his accidents.Is he still at Renault?

17. super_hoops1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    "Packie" Bonner
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Nah Renault have pretty much sodded him off now.

They were asked after Kiki signed if they'd let Robert use their training facilities to rebuild his career........said they probably wouldnt....* heads

18. Heb Celt

Renault being out of order there,went off them since that incident in Singapore.Kubica will be back,he's too good a driver not to get a place at a team.Heard Briatore's ban has been shortened too.

19. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    He's a fantastic driver and has been a huge loss to F1. You'd be expecting him to be going for the title if he hadn't had that awful crash. Why the * did Renault let him take part in a rally anyway :38:

20. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16516805.stm