1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations for coming season...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic warrior, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Expectations for coming season... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

For all the cynical * out there like me.

If Celtic continue trend of signings they have been making so far...is it leading you to have unrealistic expectations for the coming season.

Like for me....I expect * all from CL. Nothing..., just a full * group full of teams that will just * gub us like we are *.

But with the change in style and approach from the club, arguably led by Ange and his character and presence....even I'm starting to think we could actually do something in Europa league next season.

And more domestic doubles.

Not sure how to describe it but generally even someone cynical like me is getting swept away by the general buzz around the club right now...it feels like for the first time...we are genuinely building from position of strength rather than downsizing after record financial success

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  2. Melb Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I fully expect a domsetic treble this season & progression out of the CL groups where we'll be pumped into the Europa & get to the quarters.
    I say that genuinely, whcih is * amazing considering where I thought we'd be less than a year ago!

celtic warrior likes this.
  3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
  4. Cringer67

Win the League and a cup. Finishing 3rd in the Champions league has to be the goal. A lot will depend on the draw which is rarely kind to us as we all know.

That being said....

Avoid Man city or Liverpool and I don't think we'll be humiliated. Even then, we seem to do well against English sides so there is that. We always seemed to get Barcelona during a period when history will show that side as the greatest team of all time. I don't think there's an equivalent side around like that right now. I wouldn't fear PSG as much this time round either. Have to think positive! Would love Real Madrid.

JamesM09 and celtic warrior like this.
  5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    My aim for the champions League would be a 3rd place finish and drop Into Europa, league we should be moving to win as for all domestic cups. If we don't win a treble I'm not going to cry but realistically that should always be an aim for us to compete for but cup football can always bring surprises.

We should be playing our game and developing from where we were, setting a system in place and operating that through the club from youth up, we should be preparing for any departures and having a pipeline in place for talent including pathways for youth to come in.

And * skelp some huns of course

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I am fairly confident of winning the three domestic trophies (including the newly named Scottish Champions Cup) and, if we get a favourable group, getting into the knockout stages of the CL. I would also welcome a good solid run in the Europa Cup and would have high expectations for us in that tournament.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Win the league.

3rd place in the CL group. Better run in the Europa.

Continue to develop our players.

Cups are still a bonus for me. With automatic CL up for grabs we've seen how crucial just winning the league alone is.

8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What I expect: League and cup double + Finishing Third (minimum) in our CL group and going on a decent run in EL

What I'd take: League + decent run in Europe.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Win the league and a cup, which cup doesn't actually fuss me. They don't get us any further in Europe so they mean the same for me.
    I think we will get beat around in the Champions league but I don't see why we can't get 3rd place with our team.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    As always... the league is #1 priority.. A major improvement in Europe is needed..

James Mc and celtic warrior like this.
  11. Onefootwonder

The league and one cup at the absolute minimum.

We need to have a better time in Europe. We need to get a good group in the Champions League. Knowing our luck we will get the worst possible draw.

12. celtic warrior

I know our entire season isn't just about the huns....but after about 2 years of them having just enough ammo to suggest there is no gap between us or even to suggest they are actually better than us....I'd love to see us return to Rodgers era...of just pumping them 5-1, 4-0 and the likes.

Think what most have said is all in all actually reasonable....far more level heads in here than mine.

13. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Treble!
    League & cup double will suffice as long as the Huns don't win the other.

Champions League after Xmas, or finish 3rd and win a couple rounds after Xmas in Europa

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Win the league and everything else is a bonus. Year on year cl money..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. JamesM09

Same as everyone else here really.

Win the League, UCL 3rd place and knock a team out the Europa League would be an outstanding season for me.

I'm assuming a League win would mean automatic UCL qualification again, so if we can do the above and spend well next summer that when we'd have a real go at the Europa League IMO.

Morcombe likes this.
  16. apevrak

Domestically we should aim to win it all.

3rd place in CL and reach a quarter final in Europe.

At least one academy player establish himself as a backup/rotation player in the first team squad.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    If we don't win the Treble, Champions League and the World Cup, Ange needs to walk.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be hoping for 5 points minimum in our CL group (depending on the draw of course) and beyond that third place and a run in the Europa. Our knockout record is horrific if we're being honest so just to get that monkey off our back would be good.

Domestically we should be winning the league and a cup again as we look to be strengthening and have a full preseason with Ange this time around. A treble isn't unrealistic but will take a lot of consistency and some luck.

Will be interesting to see how the season plays out with a world cup in the middle of the calendar.

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    1. League
    2. Show clear signs of improvement in Europe.

Not too fussed about the cups but would be nice to win back the Scottish Cup.

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Hoping for a memorable treble this season:

1. Win the league
    2. Scud the huns 8-0
    3. Don't get humiliated in Europe
    :ange:

Rydo1888* and greengrocer like this.