1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly 1 year ago.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 24, 2020.

Discuss Exactly 1 year ago..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I want to say someone who would part with their cash, wether for a ticket or a top, but that's almost certainly unfair as there will be 'fan's' with valid reasons for not doing so. That's a really difficult question. The only answer I could give regarding Rodgers saying he's a Celtic fan, wether now or growing up,is that he would look out for the scores. Maybe watch a game on telly. A hardcore fan is someone who will go to the games, home and away, move heaven and earth to watch on telly if they can't make it. Just as passionate undoubtedly are fans who will only watch games at home. Bare minimum.......I'm not so sure mate.

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Forgot to mark that last post as a direct response to your question. What would you think would be the minimum thing to be considered a fan?

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Hard question to answer that, for me it’s if you take the club close to your heart and watching us effects your emotions - at the minimum.

JML67, Random Review and Whoflungdung like this.
  4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's probably why we disagree then, mate. I think we have different definitions of "fan".

I always look out for the Scotland score. I do indeed watch the odd big game on a stream. It doesn't ruin my day when Scotland (frequently) lose, I don't lose any sleep worrying about results, I don't get that buzz around the big games. I do occasionally refer to them as "we"; but I'm more likely to use "they".

I would say Brendan Rodgers' links with Celtic are at most on that level. I guess you might agree with me there. Without having a go (genuinely), I honestly don't consider that a fan. I think that's where we disagree.

Jacob knows likes this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It just occurred to me that if looking for the score and watching the odd game are the two main criteria for being a fan, a good chunk of this forum would qualify as Rangers fans. :eek1: