1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

European Super League

Discussion in 'World Football' started by MickeyyMack, Oct 20, 2020.

Discuss European Super League in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Gary Neville is a very rich and successful man, I doubt money is his motivation here

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yes, actually in Spain and Italy it's even more vocal..

Luis1967 likes this.
  3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What should happen is the teams that are due to play the 6 refuse to play them

4. Lewis Kerr

Klopp is a massive * under his fake smiley persona

5. dmccourt95

The 6 teams should have their games awarded as 3-0 defeats, any games where they are due to play each other simply voided and they get kicked out come the end of the season

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Neville said himself he feels complicit in a way. I don’t get anyone questioning his motivation, he has the same interest in that game as every fan in England does.

7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    That Florentino Perez seems like a right *.

8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's a creepy *. Makes my skin crawl.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Perez talking about shortening the length of matches because young people can’t concentrate on the games for too long.

MacEwan likes this.
  11. Lewis Kerr

Just like Rodgers

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  12. davidhannah

If the other three teams are not from Germany, France or Portugal. Then they have to be from England, Spain or Italy.

Roma, Napoli, Seville, Valencia. West Ham. Newcastle. Everton - or Ajax - Either that or the hidden 3 don't exist.

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Neville made an absolute * of Klopp.

Degraded him whilst sympathising with him and backing himself up at the same time.

I like Klopp but he resembles a wee greeting lassie when he doesn’t get his way.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  14. JamesM09

Klopp is part of the problem. If he was a true football man he would’ve resigned today. He’s a snake.

Same with Solskjaer, Tuchel, Arteta, Guardiola etc.

15. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Players will follow the money, so will the fans, pundits, and broadcasters once the faux outrage subsides and everyone starts getting a piece of the pie.
    Fans will follow this. You'll lose less than .1% of your fanbase and they'll just be the locals. Once you have couch clappers from Asia, Africa and elsewhere buying the TV rights it won't matter.
    This will happen.
    Spurs aren't drawing? OK, let's franchise them off to Beijing. Two teams in Manchester, no good. Give New York a team. Mark my words....

Football is dead. Has been for a while.
    When you have Sky, UEFA & FIFA on the side of 'right' you know things are *.

When the pandemic subsides, a walk to the local park watching junior ball or the kids just playing for the sake of playing will be my fix. This has been coming for a while. This sport isn't what I grew up with and fell in love with.

My first memory of football is watching Brazil v USSR in the 1982 world cup with my Dad, I was 5. It's the earliest genuine memory I have, football & my Dad. Socrates baby, what a player! Was totally hooked.
    Words are easy, actions are hard. But I am so, so done with this. Hate is an extreme emotion, but I can honestly say - I have genuinely come to hate football.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Rydo1888*, Taz and JamesM09 like this.
  16. JamesM09

Also I’ve seen on Twitter people saying things like, “yeah but Barcelona are in £1bn debt so they need to do this” as if that’s defending them or whatever.

* Barcelona. * them and their debt.

If you’ve * your finances then sell your players and take a bath for a few seasons and build back up.

What * divine right do these * think they have to be at the top all the time?

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If these clubs are in debt with the millions upon millions they bring in every season, nothing is going to change when they’re in a super league.

They’ll get more money in, and they’ll just spend it all on more transfers and bigger wages.

They can’t help themselves.

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Seriously... * em. * em in the ear.

The EPL has been quite happy to * us, and every other "smaller" league around them for years.

There was no whining and greeting about sporting integrity from these * when their teams were hoovering up European spots at the expense of ACTUAL champions and league runner ups.
    There was no harping on about greed and selfishness when THEY were putting teams who haven't been champions in over 60 * years into the champions League.
    Where was this rightous indignation when they were buying world class players on the cheap from "smaller leagues" and selling them on for tens of millions?

* em.

They were more than happy to suckle at the poison teet of EPL football when it GUARENTEED them their slice of pie, whilst they collectively shat on every other league and watched and abetted their league monopolising European football, it's governance and it's finances.
    Man City were * nobodies a few years back. Couldnt fill a * car park. Enter billionaire, financial doping and a few bought and paid for EPL titles later they're now the world's new galacticos. Where was the * EPL's of the EFA's soapbox then?

Cry me a * river.

If this super duper league goes ahead theyre *. Who * in THE WORLD wants to see the mighty Barnsley take on the indestructible Sheffield United. Is some Chinese Man U sycophant gonna pay 20 quid to watch Southampton V Brighton?
    Or perhaps they're pinning their hopes on the one and only Bangkok Everton supporters club buying a virtual season ticket?

IF the "big 6" get their way it's effectively the death of the EPL as we know it. Hence the outrage.

Is is justified anger? Of course.

But it's chickens coming home to roost as far as I'm concerned.

IF, and it's a BIG if, this happens so many EPL and English championship clubs are going to the * wall. This is what happens when you act Billy big balls when you've got your back up. Then you find yourself without it and it's time to pay the Piper.

Will we take a hit? Of course. All leagues will. But it's nothing we can't survive. All of Scottish football (with the exception of the Huns) have been almost entirely self sufficient for decades now. We don't get or need tens of millions in trickle down payouts from the CL.
    We've been low balled and * * by TV rights for the best part of 2 decades now. Our turnovers are almost entirely dependant on ticket sales. Bring it on.

But our chums down south... the party's over.
    Time to clean up your mess.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Money is all their motivations always has been that’s the problem they can never have too much
    Players have a cheek too them and their agents have pushed up the wages to the point where clubs are looking for so much money just look at haaland wanting to be first player to earn a million a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Too right most clubs in Scotland have had to do that we had to do it to some degree after Seville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.