1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

EURO 2020

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Valhalla, May 24, 2021.

Discuss EURO 2020 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Their fans were kicking * out each other long before 8pm. The news and media have failed to speak about this though.

ede, Dalbeth3 and Twisty like this.
  2. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Seen last night one intellectually challenged pundit on SSN come out with the scenario that in the last 3 tournaments , England have finished 4th, 3rd and now 2nd....... so Quartar????
    F*ck it, there's no point in any team turning up. FIFA should just post the trophy over to London now, and save everyone else a fortune.

Boruc17, Gabriel, CH4 and 1 other person like this.
  3. StevieBhoooy!

not seen that but can believe it…. Nobody pointing out that there has been 8pm games throughout the competition with all the showpiece ones at that time?!? CL matches going at 8pm now as well….

they are so Hun-like with the excuses and everybody else to blame but themselves.

Im Scottish …. Live in England … I don’t hate the English … would t get too far if I did ! I have English family and friends and I don’t ever think of any differences other than accents..

What I do despise - and I think that is the same for most - is the slevering overhyped attitude and entitlement that froths over every 2 years as the media, FA, players, sponsors, public go into overdrive … it’s almost feral in its tribal insularity as they cling onto a dodgy flag and a suit of armour. They need to drop the 3 lions song * as well…. It ain’t EVER ‘coming home’…

I hate the English atttitude in summer every 2 years (or so) not the English … although there is a certain type of incoherent red-faced fat slob who goes on about being better off without Scotland etc…. They come close .

I saw something like that as well…

Home competition (effectively), easy path , Pish Germany, refs after a U.K. passport, diving and cheating yet still fail at last hurdle …

yet….

World cup 2022 is going to be theirs :43:

So hot that WGS would self-combust if he was manager (and :scotland: qualified), all euro sides will improve including Germany … add to that Brazil, Uruguay , Mexico , Argentina…..

Aye…. It’s in the bag…

can’t wait for another high like Sunday night..

4. Bonobhoy

BTW in hating the English i meant in terms of them failing in football and they way they excuse all other nationalities in a tournament and have some * given right to win it everytime they are in it due to their 1 in a lifetime win in 66.

5. StevieBhoooy!

:50:

The ‘66’ thing is worn well out…

(do Uruguayans constantly go on about 1930 and 1950 ?)

… but they just won’t let it go.. and that was a home competition with everything going for them…

They might as well refer to 1066 as that was the last battle they won without help from either the Russians, a referee …. Or both

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Their arrogance is unsurpassed and that's the reason the vast majority of football fans want them to get beat. We hear it from their MSM, commentators, pundits and politicians etc. every tome a competition comes around. It's a bit similar to the huns and their belief that they "arra peepel" and, as we all know, they too are feted by the SMSM etc.

scuzzy and greengrocer like this.
  7. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Biggest issue over there will be the heat players who normally play in that temperature will have an advantage over nations with cooler climates,, I think they will struggle badly

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

8. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    See this is a load of utter pish. I’m not here defending the fact Jermaine Jenas is a dribbling, monotone, walking brain tumour but have you ever been to any other country while there is a World Cup on?
    It’s just the same. Flags everywhere, parties, bars full, party atmosphere etc
    * try to make it like it’s just in England where normal people get swept up in it all.
    Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Japan…. It happens everywhere, even Scotland. So stop peddling myths in an attempt to rub salt in wounds.
    Remember the carnival atmosphere and the buzz you had about Seville 03? Are no other fans of any team or nation allowed to get hyped up and dream?
    I would bet my house on the same level of fever pitch if Scotland weren’t so * and they actually held their bottle in a tournament. Country would go mental.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You've been truly Englified you :fear:

10. FannyHaddock

11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Uefa have announced they will be taking Action. Throw the book at them

greengrocer likes this.
  12. Al Bootyerbaws

I was in America while a world cup was on years ago. First thing I noticed was when you sat down to watch a game, the build up was all about the two teams who were playing. Not the presenters just talking about their own country's chances and so on as we are used to over here.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :56:

Aye in their own game's, annoying but fair enough but it was during every game, pre/during/post that had nothing to do with them. Trying to find a link with England during every game..

14. StevieBhoooy!

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    And now ....

More than 100,000 people sign petition demanding England v Italy Euro 2020 final be replayed

A petition demanding that the final of Euro 2020 be replayed has been signed by more than 100,000 people.

As you’ll probably know by now, England lost their first appearance in a major final 55 years to Italy via a penalty shootout after the game had finished 1-1.

However, many complained during the match that at least two of the Italian players should have been sent off for fouls on the England players.

The two instances that particularly aggrieved fans included a studs-up challenge from Jorginho which caught Jack Grealish on his upper thigh leaving the midfielder in some agony. The second came from Italy’s captain Giorgio Chiellini, who shamelessly grabbed the neck of Bukayo Saka’s shirt as the winger raced away from the veteran defender.

These two moments that were punished with only yellow cards build the basis of the aforementioned petition on Change.org that is demanding that the final be played again.

The petition that has been created by Sharon Guilmen states: “The match on 11/07/2021 was not fair at all. After Italy only receiving a yellow card for dragging England players like they were slaves. All the pushes, pulls and kicks and Italy was still allowed to win? Definitely biased. Italy should have been given a red card for their gameplay and the rematch should happen with a non-biased referee. This was not fair at all.”

Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers gave five yellow cards to the Italian players during the match, whereas Harry Maguire was the only player to receive a yellow card for England.

Despite more than 107,000 people signing the petition, which has a goal of 150,000, we doubt that Uefa will actually take any notice of this petition as replaying the match would be a logistical nightmare and would open the floodgates for other long-standing football gripes about players not being sent off in matches.

https://www.indy100.com/sport/england-italy-euro-2020-final-replay-b1883354

As for the bolded.. do they have any selfawarness whatsoever ffs. Perhaps they be better served to launch a petition to drive out racists from their own support.. * morons.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I seen that petition at 60 thousand yesterday:56:

Good to see they're taking it well haha..

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Offt! No holding back compare & contrast to the garbage that’s Broadcast by the likes Of BBC etc.

johnboy19 likes this.
  18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Imagine seeing Mings, Rashford etc. Tweets and then actually posting this?

HTG likes this.
  19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Whit!!! and you didn't bring that up then man ffs :40:

My Sis-in-law still isna talking to me :56: :57:

Jeannie960 and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni