1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Erik Sviatchenko

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jun 18, 2015.

Discuss Erik Sviatchenko in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

What went wrong is: Brendan Rodgers. He might not be good enough to start every game but was far better than Henry and more trustable than Boyata.

2. Jeffrey

Great guy average player, this again highlights how inept we are in Euro qualifiers

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ERIK SVIATCHENKO JOINS THE BOARD OF FCM SAMFUND

Erik Sviatchenko joins the new position in FCM Society to support and contribute to the development of the club's CSR work. The skipper emphasizes his desire to make a difference both on and off the pitch.

Erik Sviatchenko is very aware of how you as a football player can give back and has therefore just said yes to the role as a board member of FCM Society. The central defender has strong connections to the entire region and is a warm, engaging character who, based on his wealth of experience and international network, will be a strong addition to the FCM Society team.

In addition to Erik Sviatchenko, the board consists of chairman Kristian Tvergaard, Claus Steinlein and Michael Koch.

So far, Erik Sviatchenko combines the new board role with being a football player and captain in FC Midtjylland. He strongly expresses that this role is part of the future plans - even after the football boots have been put on the shelf.

The mission of FCM Society is to help people in the region who have difficulty finding and unleashing the talent that all people possess. Here we benefit from the great experience that lies in FC Midtjylland, where over the past many years, football talents have been created through the development of whole people.

FCM Societies work with young people who are often stigmatized and marginalized because of their background, ethnicity, education or social heritage. This often results in a lack of access to facilities, support or encouragement, and they therefore do not get the opportunities they need. FCM Society wants to change this situation and support young people in the pursuit of success in their careers and in life.

Erik Sviatchenko, board member of FCM Samfund and leader of FC Midtjylland:

"It is almost like a dream for me to join FCM Society's board. Firstly, it is a clear announcement that I will always be a part of FC Midtjylland, and secondly, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in our society. ”

“We know that sport has an absolutely fantastic power in relation to uniting people and creating community for all. Many studies show that physically active children and young people experience improvements in their school work, behavior and mental health. ”

"As the world gets smaller, football gets bigger, which makes our actions off the field more and more important. I want to help make a difference for the people that FCM Society helps. ”

"FCM Society is the most ambitious and integrated community program created by a Superliga club, and it means a lot to both me and my family that I become an important part of this."

Kristian Tvergaard, Chairman of the Board of FCM Samfund:

“As chairman of FCM Society, I am incredibly happy and proud that Erik joins our board and is ready to make a difference. It is fantastic that Erik finds the time and has the desire to join. His support for the project is obvious. I know Erik personally and I know he is aware of his role as a leader and role model. His function on the board will also be to be a link between the board and the players, so that the collaboration has an impact on the players' involvement in FCM Society. ”

“I am also incredibly proud of how much FCM Society has developed in three years. We have really shown that we can use FC Midtjylland's expertise in talent development to develop young people in our society. ”

Preben Rokkjær, Marketing and Support Director at FC Midtjylland:

"It is a win-win situation. We offer Erik a place on the board so that he can have an influence on our community work, and in return he gives us a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience as a football player - and as a role model for the young people. "

"Erik is an absolutely fantastic person who has his heart in the right place, and we are extremely happy that he has chosen to join FCM Samfund's board in a long-term project."

5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Towing a caravan around Anfield and the Johan Cruijff Arena in the Champions League

On yersel Erik!

9. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He at least had a bit of heart. Sad days when you’re longing for the days of Erik and Jozo.

martin_d, neilly1987 and cat123 like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good man is Erik.

The_Bhoy, martin_d, bobs1974 and 3 others like this.
  12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Better than Duffy.

martin_d and jj81 like this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Good guy is Eric. I like him.

bobs1974 likes this.
  14. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Scored again tonight albeit a last minute consolation.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Erik Sviatchenko can still vividly recall the day Scott Brown charged him £600 to go to the toilet. Perhaps a little too vividly.

The scene was the Celtic team hotel in an industrial estate just outside of Glasgow when nature came calling for the big Danish defender. So, too, did his captain. The club's "fine minister".

"Normally we would go for a walk first but I'd misunderstood," explains Sviatchenko in mitigation.

"I was there for a couple of minutes then I thought we would have our pre-match meal, but they had gone for a walk first. I can remember that Kris Ajer and Stuart Armstrong were doing this 'quickly, quickly, quickly'.

"I knew Scott Brown had seen me turning up late and then there was obviously a fine. I thought it was much higher than it was so when I said to him, 'okay, I know that I was late, I'll pay £600', he said immediately, 'yeah, OK, let's do that'.

"Six months later I figured out the fine was only £150."

The punishment for his effervescence is justified by Sviatchenko. He laughs as he claims that the money went to a "great cause". A follow-up question over charity donations is quickly corrected to point out he means a kitty for the team night out.

It was just one of a host of tales the 29-year-old holds close as he watches from afar while Celtic's 10-in-a-row juggernaut splutters short of reaching its final destination.

The centre-half, now playing for Midtjylland, spent two years in Glasgow from 2016, first brought in by Ronny Deila, only to play a part in the swashbuckling invincible season under his successor Brendan Rodgers.

It was a hedonistic and dominant campaign for all concerned and one that now seems a lifetime ago amid a Rangers title-induced malaise.

"I remember every year there was talking about the next title, the next or the next," he told BBC Scotland. "People couldn't even even ask the question. Is this possible? Or is this even possible that we won't do it? Because there was no competitor.

"Suddenly Rangers really, really took some steps and moved up and we saw it first hand as well with Midtjylland, when we played Rangers in the European play-offs [losing 7-3 over two legs in 2019 Europa League qualifier].

"It's so difficult to keep on going and have all the players, all the staff do the same thing every single day, which has been done for so many years. And then suddenly, you have a team who has experienced a really, really good run of form of games, and they're developing quite quickly.

"It can be coincidental and it just happens to be in the worst timing of timings."

'He asked me to be captain... I hope he gets the job'
    It is only in the middle of a haze of defensive combustion that you see that Sviatchenko's latter moments at Celtic were perhaps viewed unfairly.

The rise of Ajer, the command of a young Dedryck Boyata and the imposing figure of Jozo Simunovic meant game time was hard to find for the Denmark international, who was loaned out to Midtjylland halfway through Rodgers' second season.

While on the periphery back then, one is allowed to wonder what Celtic would have given for him during a myriad of suspect defensive moments this season.

The future for Celtic is as uncertain as it has been this century. At best, a sustained era of domination has been temporarily suspended. At worst? A new one across the city has been sworn in, with a radical overhaul on and off the pitch needed at Parkhead to prevent it escalating.

Yet, Sviatchenko believes the answer to his old side's coach conundrum is staring them in the face.

"I hope John Kennedy gets his chance," he said of the current Celtic caretaker. "We had a really close relationship. He was always there to ask how you were feeling but also on the football side of it, always trying to improve you.

"He was also the one who came to me and said, 'Erik, we need someone to wear the captain's armband' as Scott Brown was injured. He said to me, 'I think you can do this for us,' and I captained the team once, which I'm proud of.

"He has so much experience from the coaching side, even though he hasn't been the main man, but he knows so much about football also on the mental side of it - being there, trying it with his own body to play at the highest level and with the club as well. I only have good, positive things to say about him."

Chatting to Andy Robertson & buying paintings for Stuart Armstrong
    Now settled back in his homeland, reminders of Scotland are never too far away for Sviatchenko, whose wife Anne also played for Celtic during their time in Glasgow.

A Champions League tie with Liverpool last year led to a chat with Scotland captain Andy Robertson about the World Cup qualifying campaign, with their two respective nations in the same group. It is a level the man with five caps still holds aspirations of reaching once again.

But it is his love of the arts that helps to bind him with those he grew close with at Celtic, particularly Scotland and Southampton midfielder Armstrong.

When he first arrived in Scotland in 2016, it was clear Sviatchenko was not quite cut from the same stuff as your average Nandos-guzzling, PlayStation-plonking footballer. His opening press conference drifted to talk of his fashion blog, his passion for photography or the work of his Ukrainian artist father.

It was agreed by all in attendance at the time that these were pursuits unlikely to strike a chord with the fines minister.

"My good friend Stuart Armstrong, who I still speak with often, actually bought a painting from my father. So a little bit of introduction to that world succeeded," he added.

"I have also been sending a lot of work to Stuart and I visited him in his house in Edinburgh, and I could see that he had hung up the artwork. A little bit of inspiration is always good."

As long as it doesn't cost you £600.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Wish it had worked out better for him, great guy

17. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Came here, brought out a Celtic endorsed suit, then left. That's pretty much what I remember :giggle1:

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Was good until his injury I thought, really liked him at the back

NomDePlum likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just naw man.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member