1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Emilio Izaguirre

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Scottish Celt, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Emilio Izaguirre in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Laughable business. Embarrassing beyond belief..

Paul the Tim's a * as well..

2. Damnati

There's something not right here. I don't think I believe anything that's been reported.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EMILIO IZAGUIRRE’S agent has revealed he quit Celtic because he wants to be closer to his family in Honduras.

The 33-year-old defender turned down the offer of a new deal with the Hoops this week and has left the treble Treble winners.

And his representative Paulo Hernandez says Izaguirre decided it was time to leave Glasgow for the second time, having previously departed for a spell in Saudi Arabia.

He said: “Emilio has ended his contract with Celtic.

“Although he is not continuing there, he remains a legend of Celtic because of what he achieved there and he was incredibly well liked at the club.

“He was a 23-year-old boy who arrived from Tegucigalpa to a big city like Glasgow, which is strong and tough with a terrible climate that he wasn’t used to.

Now everything points to him being closer to his extended family in Honduras.

“Obviously, the Mexican League or the MLS would be ideal for him, but it’s always difficult to predict what will happen.

Europe wouldn’t be completely ruled out, but Mexico or the USA would be familiar for him.

“Whatever he decides, he’s going to have plenty of options.”

4. Cringer67

Whose this chump talking about ''terrible climate''?! Just looking outside my Glasgow office today. Glorious!

Rydo1888*, JML67 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Taps aff!

The67Sound and Cringer67 like this.
  6. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come in the rest of the window.

7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Embarrassing, not even good enough to be the back up of back up and we offered * a new deal.

Thanks for the memory's Izzy you are a modern day icon but you are absolutely * pish.

8. freitassen

I like the part where he speaks as if the capital of Honduras was a * village, when it actually has about the same size as Glasgow

Cringer67 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. celtic warrior

It's hard not to like guys when they come from from so far away and take us to heart so personally like Izzy has.

Love him. His first season in his first stint was just otherworldly, never really was the same after that cunting injury but still did us a shift and worked hard.

If the end of his first stint wasn't clear enough that his ability has waned then his second spell should have confirmed that tenfold. However, I like guy did his best when called upon and he goes with my best wishes.

Always welcome back as a fan.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree mate. No need to call him pish, * etc. Everyone knows he's not at the level we require anymore, I'm sure even he's accepted it.

He's always been a model professional throughout his 2 stints at the club, no dramas, always gave us 100% effort despite the fitness and ability not being what it used to be. Always welcome back at Celtic Park :50:

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Will never forget this tweet :56:

287B603E-63BF-45EB-8609-BEC29FA368E5.jpeg

Mr Shelby and JML67 like this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Never had a prayer with Izzy Burke and Toljan on the park really eh :56:

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wish him all the best.

Outwith Danny, those first couple of seasons he was the best fullback I've saw at Parkhead.

Tremendous going forward and brilliant at working his way out of tight corners.

Defo the most skilful.

Just get KT back to a good fitness level and he'll get better and better, just keep Hayes as a standby.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EMILIO IZAGUIRRE has returned to training with his former club in Honduras and admitted he could end his career there.

The 33-year-old left back left Celtic for a second time in the summer after winning 13 winners medals with the Hoops in two spells since originally joining from Motagua nine years ago.

He returned to Parkhead last August after an ill-fated spell in Saudi Arabia with Al-Fayha and revealed last month he’d rejected a new deal with Neil Lennon’s side.

Izaguirre is now back in pre-season training with Motagua and is deciding whether to return to his homeland or join a new club abroad

He said: “It’s great to wear the Motagua shirt again after all these years and it’s keeping me fit while I decide my footballing future.

“I want to be closer to my family without long flights when I play for my country and certainly if I decide to stay in Honduras there is only one club for me.

I’ve made no secret of the fact my priority is to sign for a team in the MLS, but I might have to wait until November for that.

“I also have offers from teams in Mexico and Turkey too and my agent is handling that.

But for now the main thing is for me to get fit again with Motagua.”

15. Murph-E

Thank *.

16. Momo Sylla

Wouldn't be so quick to say that. Hope he stays safe over there as that place is absolutely mental right now and him having money will be a target. Just look at the boy that played for that mob.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic defender Emilio Izaguirre claims the club blocked his attempts to move to the MLS back in the January transfer window.

The 33-year-old Honduran, who's contract at Parkhead terminated on July 1, has joined up with his former club Motagua in his homeland as they head to the USA as part of their pre-season preparations.

And while it remains to be seen whether he will sign for the club on a permanent deal, he accused Celtic of not letting him leave when clubs in America were keen on him early in the New Year.

"I had offers in January and Celtic didn't let me go. I had offers from the MLS. My agent only told me that Celtic put a lot of obstacles in the way", he told football website Goal.

Izaguirre joined the Hoops from Motagua back in August of 2010, and in his two spells with the club won seven league titles, four Scottish Cups and three League Cups.

However, having returned to Parkhead back in August on a free transfer, he made a total of 19 appearances last season - including a much criticised showing in the UEFA Europa League at home to Valencia.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We kind of needed him. Soz Izzy.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t worry he will be back by the end of the window.

MacEwan likes this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If they was that interested he could have signed a pre contract with them...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.