1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. sdickson

hes been an accident waiting to happen trys to beat men coming out his own box,hes been doing it all season hopefully just needs a wee rest and learn from this as i think he has potential

2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

The Nigerian Caldwell

A donkey

3. imacdiar

Is that the limit to your contribution to this thread,why did you bother?Ambrose has over the peace been another good signing for us and apart from last night and the odd other time he has settled in well.He's only 23 and i'm sure the staff at celtic will sort out any of his short comings.

4. scootz

Ambrose is not the finished article, but there is definitely something there.

He had a bad day at the office, but then so did a couple of others. I don't think he or Forest should have been anywhere near the team, so Lenny has to shouldder some of the blame here.

Take the positives though bhoys... we generally played better football than THE ITALIAN CHAMPIONS over the 90 minutes in THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16!!! The team has certainly progressed... can't ask for a great deal more.

5. Higgie

Actually can't blame Neil for starting Ambrose to be honest as I was glad when I saw him in first eleven. Terrible performance definitely the worst I've saw him play since joining. Will be interesting to see how he bounces back from that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  6. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    Spot on mate and if we converted half our chances we woulda won that game bit more composure needed from the defense but alot of work is needed in the final third

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Puts me in mind of a skinny Bobo Balde solid enough but tries to play football too much. Can't blame him for last night Lenny has to take the blame although Ambrose to me is never CB

8. Efe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :50:

More of a CDM.

9. murphy88

I think Wilson had a good game last night. Showed great pace on numerous occasions, I actually can't remember him making any mistake of note.

10. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How was Wilson * he was one of our better players last night

11. Markybhoy

He was brutal last night. His worst game in a Celtic jersey.

12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    and to think i was doing a wee jig in my livingroom when i heard he was playing .:52:

13. cheesepoo

Even though we conceded 3 goals you could argue for Wilson MOTM. Saying he was * is * mental. And for me if Sammy is not 100% for the next match or if Lustig is out i will be absolutely delighted to see Ambrose in the starting 11. Quality player in my opinion who had a howler but should never have played.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't think he was mentally or physically fatigued. Just think it was a step up in class that he wasn't ready for. We were playing with a high line and he got found out, unlike against Barca when we packed our half. He really needs to learn that being the last man is not the time to * about with the ball. He got away with it another time as well.

15. Barney Stinson

He was poor last night, understandably, but there is nothing wrong with Efe wanting to play football. Yes it cost the 3rd goal last night, but him bringing the ball out of defence helps our attacking play. Give me him over someone like McManus who'll just boot it away every time he gets it. Hoofing the ball away just leads to it coming straight back, the way it did in Benfica. Scottish football isn't used to defenders playing football, it's full of guys who aim to kick everything that moves as far away as they can everytime it comes near them. No wonder it's in the state it's in.

16. cheesepoo

As George McCluskey just said on SSN. He had a very good performance bar the two blips. Concentration was shot due to fatigue. This is the time to rally around him not to go against him. Thats all i am going to say, just want to forget last night.

17. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You see it in Europe more than anywhere else. Teams we've played, like Barca and Juve, play the ball out short 9 times out of 10, pass it about defence and midfield, you hear the agitation from our own fans as if its time wasting, when really it's cause we're wanting to see it lumped up the field as fast as possible most of the time. It happens when our defenders, such as Ambrose, are trying to pass it out of defence a lot of the time as well - like you said.

18. celtic warrior

sorry mate, that was not the case, he * bossed Messi and co and along with Wilson put in one of the greatest defensive displays i've seen by a celtic team, so he has the ability and is a capable defender.

go win the ACON and then return to glasgow the morning of a massive game for club and see how you feel and see if you are capable of staying alert and at the top of your game, at the end of it no matter how much Efe would have been saying to Lenny that he feels raring to go Lenny should said no simple as.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't add much more to what's been said. He's the main reason we lost, and for picking him the blame lies with Neil.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He cost us the first goal as well, if he hoofed the ball away they would have not scored the 3rd! everyone can see that, there is a time and place for that not when you have 3 juve players around you