1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I like how he runs forward, it takes there midfield out of the game and allows our midfielders to make moves.

It's when he tries to flick it over his opponents head, falls and gifts them the ball when he is the last man that really annoys me.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

For years mate we have been absolutely crying out for "continental-type" central defenders - i.e. players who were comfortable passing the ball out from the back, controlling the tempo and being able to link up with the midfield.......we have 3/4 of them now.

* love big McManus - heart of a lion and would put his body on the line for Celtic, but he would just howf it up the park whenever the ball came to him at the back, or he would pass it to Caldwell.............who in turn would give people cardiac arrest!

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, if we want guys who play from the back then these are the types we can afford.

Some people must be expecting, Thiago Silvas, Hummels' and Piques to be playing for us.

A guy next to me is always raging that we zonal mark too, everytime basically we defend a corner he shouts abuse and can hear him moaning "* shambles, shocking, wit we dain way everycunt in wur ain boax" but I dont think he's ever realised we defend corners far better than most teams, I can barely mind the last time someone scored against us from a corner and apart from that game at the weekend when anyone scored at a corner even when the ball drops outside the box.

4. kevski82

To be honest a center-back pairing of Ambrose and Mulgrew doesn't sound that bad.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There was a moment against Helsinborg last week Wilson just ran in and smashed the ball out with his left foot and it dawned on me, can't * remember the last time the ball was McManus'd out of defence. It's either tackled out or played out from the back.

6. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Indeed, something which I am pleased to see.

As mentioned earlier Ambrose played a big part in the 2nd goal by bringing the ball out of defence.

Van Dijik looks more than capable of doing likewise and given how the majority of teams will play against us this season; it`s vital that they continue to do so.

7. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its when he tries to chip the ball over the strikers head etc thats what worries me he gives the ball away we are in trouble

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, I remember that.

Also saw it howfed out a few times against Barca. It's great when there is a mixture between clearing your lines, and being confident enough to play out out from the back.

9. robbo1888

I cant see a place in the team for him when Van Dijk gets fit. I'd pu Van Dijk and Mulgrew at CB. Ambrose as back up. His concentration is * poor.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's exactly the same as Mulgrew IMO: both are good players who would be world class but for one flaw. In Mulgrew's case it's his lack of pace; in Ambrose' case it's his concentration. We are good enough that their flaws are not really a liability at SPL level (with Ambrose slightly more worrying than Mulgrew in the SPL, admittedly). At CL level it's a different story. It's all very well (correctly) pointing out that if Ambrose has one of his "moments" against teams like Juventus, we will be punished; but exactly the same can be said for Mulgrew's lack of pace at that level.

We may or may or not be able to iron out Ambrose' flaws; but as far as I know, nobody has yet worked out a way to coach pace. I like Mulgrew at CB in the SPL; in the CL he's better in the midfield with Ambrose in defence.

Slightly off-topic, but while I'm on the subject of Mulgrew, does anyone else wonder if he'd be good in a "Veron" type role in CL matches (now that we no longer have a Wanyama type player)?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  11. cheesepoo

I * hate him now. have gone from Really liking him, then suporting him after Juventus and still liking him but i am done with him now. Moment that sealed it was just there. Ball coming towards him, foot high, but instead of controling it, he tries a diving header. Then he misses the ball and nearly sends Bangura in. This on top of everythng else has settled it for me

12. Mr. Slippyfist

CHANGE THIS NOW LENNON YA FUD!

13. Dáibhí

I would never actively boo or slate a player at a match, but it has to be said that Ambrose is far from good enough for Celtic. I don't know what Lennon sees in this guy.

14. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think he is worse after tonight

15. celticbhoy14

Did he win a header tonight??

actual serious question - anything bangura challenged him to he lost!!

Not the best really!

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Get straight to * do not pass go do not collect 200 pound

17. LloydsGamble

I've defended him and I still hope he can regain his confidence, but I admit he was poor tonight

18. stew37

Praised him from the start and keep hoping he'll turn it around but its impossible to defend him now for me.

19. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

He was as poor as the rest let's be honest.

20. wulliebad

Any offer we get for this guy we have to take and i mean any offer.