1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    he wins his fair share of headers in the opponents box, does not always hit the target but has a good leap and seems to get into good positions at set plays.

2. Martybhoy53

"calamity Kate"

3. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Swear he smokes a couple spliffs before he comes on the pitch. The big man just doesn't give a * about ANYTHING.

Hilarious and scary in equal measure. I love him though :icon_mrgreen:

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    This is big Efe when hes sitting in the Dressing room pre-match

[​IMG]

And this is him when he comes out on to the pitch

[​IMG]

He loves getting stoned that much he transformed saxophones into pipes :smiley-laughing002:

[​IMG]

He got Wanyama that stoned at training once, his hat fell over his eyes and he thought he had died

[​IMG]

Hes that stoned in this photo he thinks hes a tree

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    lol.

The guys face just makes me laugh. I can't help but love him. Even when he's doing mad * and diving like a big black salmon to head it the wrong way :56:
    Wish he would continue some of his mad runs, he does fifa * in real life lol.
    Comes out of defence, runs 30 yards, skins a couple * then suddenly the weed hits him and he has to turn back :56:

If he had the confidence to keep going I honestly think he could get some goals. The black * Messi :notworthy:

6. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I meant nervy as in making the fans nervous every time he goes near the ball.

All I hear around me is "oh no".

7. Doire_Bhoy

Ambrose is nowhere near as bad as people like to make out.

8. Gillie_bhoy

True but I just can't forgive him for Juve and I'm sure alot of other fans feel the same. He was a disgrace that night, 1st and 3rd goals were embarrassing. He's too lightweight as well, gets flung about like an empty tracky at times.

9. murphy88

That was Lennon's fault in my opinion. It was madness selecting him. And I said that prior to the game that night.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

The manager has to take the blame for the decision to play Ambrose against Juve.

Ambrose was an absolute bombscare at times last season. He scares the * out o me, and I genuinely don't know if he is a defender, a midfielder or a right back.

That said, I can't help but like him, and I'll give him a chance. If Wilson can turn his career around from being a nightmare to our most steadiest at the back, then so can the Custard Man.

11. CharlieMulgrini

Just wait till his howler sends us crashing out of a game or competition and observe how much he is liked.

He is a total liability at centre half and is clearly better utilised as a more forward midfield player. Mistakes there can be protected by a defence.

Lennon not seeing this terrifies me more than Big Efe anywhere near the 6 yard box.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh?

And what happened to the player who was rock solid up until he went to the African Nations?

He's also had some really good games since then, but (myself included in this) have written him off because of the Juventus debacle.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He is rock solid for 89 minutes a game

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Still frightens the * out of me when the ball comes near him :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

15. murphy88

Unfortunately, the minute he does make a blunder, it tends to be a stand out moment. Which gets exaggerated because of the Juve game to be fair, but it is normally a shocker. The biggest worry for me is that he hasn't learned from his mistakes. The sooner he learns that you can't always play from the back, the better.

16. CharlieMulgrini

I must admit the Juventus game which I watched in a boudoir in Egypt (more on that later) plays heavy in my mind. He basically * the game.

Yes that's Lenny's fault but Lenny obviously trusted him and Efe must have either lied or been fine and just *. Either way it's not fair to just blame Lennon. He has to trust his players.

Not just this though. Did you see his performance against County?
    Same stuff, running around trying to beat strikers in his own half. He's playing at centre half = liability.

The words 'rock solid' and 'Efe Ambrose' do not go together.

I should also make it clear i am a fan of his skill and I think he's being played out of position.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Yup, basically my point lads. He well do something * idiotic during the game. I just always hope we don't get punished for it.

I wouldn't say it's normally a shocker, it's normally something we can handle. It's just against the likes of Juve you can't afford that one mistake, you won't get away with it.

18. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Efe Caldwell or Gary Ambrose ? :97:

19. murphy88

Lennon is paid very well to make big decisions. And the decision should have been taken out of Efe's hands that night. Lennon should have left him out the squad, and that would have been that.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he hadnt taken on strikers and midfielders and made runs forward we might not have won at the weekend. It was his run into the Ross County half and pass to Commons that allowed Commons to turn and pass into Stokes who scored the winner.

He also done that twice in the Cup semi against Dundee Utd in a close game, had he not made those runs there then we might not have got those two goals.

So there is a plus point to his runs forward, not like he does it for no reason.