1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. ThomasCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kelvin Wilson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here We Go Again
    Sooner Virgil is fit the sooner we can stick this fud on the bench and let Wilson and Virgil become the number 1 pairing with Mulgrew at LB Emilio still looks a wee bit dodgy for me at Left Back

2. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    He is a good player, if you watch Nigeria you'll see that. He just seems to loose his concentration a bit too often. I think we should bare with him for a bit longer though, perhaps he would do well in the holding role.

P.S. the mistake everyone is talking about today was mostly MOTM Browns fault, his * pass put him in a tricky situation.

3. dazfurey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hahaha quality!

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He reminds me of Balde(Bobo) in attack, Big Bobo used to miss some amount of headers :smiley-laughing002:

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye but he never missed an opponents forward line :icon_mrgreen:

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:I'd rather he did miss them in Seville to be fair

7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

His head is * square

[​IMG]

8. murphy88

The biggest problem is that he doesn't learn from his mistakes. I don't mind seeing defenders playing out from the back, but sometimes it's not always on, but he persists on trying it. Yesterday when he tried to flick it over the guys head being an example. 1-0 late in the game is not the time to be trying things like that.

9. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    he's a great athlete and decent footballer. His defensive positioning can be shaky but his pace and agility are pretty strong assets.

10. Pearse67*

I actually liked efe when he first arrived but lately he makes me so nervous when the ball goes near him, he has an awful habit of letting the ball bounce and then tries to hook it clear back over his head:56:

If we were offered anything over 3m for him I would take it but it seems like he is one of lenny's favourites and we know that when your one of those its almost impossible to be dropped or moved on.

He has so many lapses in concentration at times, this is a major flaw in his game.

11. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In his first few months at the club I really liked him, he seemed calm on the ball, good in the air, good pace etc.

Now I panic every time the ball comes near him, I just don't understand how he can go from being a good player to such a nervy one.

I'm not saying he is bad because he still does some important things, but I feel it's only a matter of time before he costs us another big mistake in a game. I don't know why Neil Lennon thinks he is undroppable.

For me we should be playing Wilson alongside Mulgrew at the back. After all that's where Charlie won player of the year and I feel it is still his strongest position. He is so composed at the back and I feel comfortable with him there compared to Efe.

12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    To cut a long story short, he was superb up until juve and now he's a Bombscare every game...there might still be a player in there somewhere

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I hope to * we're teaching him how to header a ball as well by the way; the amount of times I've seen him connect with the ball straight on his fourhead only for it to bounce directly into the air above his head is mental. Especially infront of goal.

14. Seymour Skinner

Maybe he makes the fans nervous, but the man is far from a nervy player:smiley-laughing002:

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, if he was a bit more nervous he might be a bit safer on the ball :56:

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

like others have said theres a great player in there but the lapses are arrghhh

brown played a short ball to him in the 1st or 2nd minute against ross county that was mostly browns fault but was effes aswell he should recognise when to just boot the ball out of play but he tried and not for the 1st time to boot the ball through the attacker which rebounded and put the guy through on goal

that happens far too much

he also tries to dribble when under pressure and there's no space to! that also has to be worked on

but i still like him even at a cost of those errors as i hope he will eventually cut the mistakes out and he would be a brilliant player if he did

his pace, accelaration, passing and agility are all top notch, he could do with a bit of work on his heading but he has some great attributes :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    His passing isn't top notch. I agree with the rest though

18. scootz

His confidence seems to seriously exceed his ability and I predict he will personally cost the team a few dirt-cheap goals this season.

It's probably too late to sell him now, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go in January (unless he turns things round spectacularly).

19. murphy88

If it is true about Wilson wanting away due to family reasons then we couldn't really afford to sell Ambrose as we would leave ourselves threadbare at centre half. If he could learn when the time is right to try and play football from the back and when not too, I think he would be a good player for us.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think his passing is quality, he passes the ball with pace and great accuracy. Proibably the best pass so far this season I remember was him passing to Samaras in the Elsfborg home game, he pinged it from about 50 yards and it dipped perfectly over the Elfsborg player onto Sammy's chest, it was after he'd just carried the ball 20/30 yards forward too and just turned, seen Samaras and skelped it right to him - I dont think anyone else would have went for the pass since it looked difficult to make as an Elfsborg player was only about 10 yards away from him.

He probably is a good passer because he's so relaxed, the more calm and relaxed you are the better you can play football as your not rushing or panicking.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013