1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eddie Howe - is he the new man?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Jan 21, 2021.

Discuss Eddie Howe - is he the new man? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeCelt

Howe may have also had second thoughts on coming to Glasgow after all the disgusting scenes over the last few weeks from our neighbours in Govan.

As an outsider would you want to move your family to Glasgow after witnessing that?

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. joemc

If the site of ugly marauding Neanderthals wrecking a city puts you off more than your food you ain't cut out to front this club .

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    January 21st to May 28th the club let this * drag on for.

They knew back in November they wanted Howe, at least chased him.
    From mid January the fan reaction to the rumours was growing and clearly since Feb when the position became available, this was all rolling.

Hold my hands up lads, this thread was helluva premature - but goes to show how long this dragged out for and how much either this board are complete idiots to be strung along, or are treating the fans as complete idiots and fleecing us all.

They have previous for the latter.

AdamRS and The Prof like this.
  4. scootz

I had barely heard of him before. So he got Bournemouth up, and kept them up?

Whoopeefuckindo!

I didn’t notice a clamouring for his services before he was linked with Celtic... and I haven’t noticed a clamouring for his services since he shat the bed and ran away.

That in itself tells me all that I need to know about him.

Next... !

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I actually kinda blame you for the whole thing, I just didn't want to say. Jinxin bastirt.

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'll take this one lads! Defo jumped the gun and got myself wrongly excited by it

Artorias likes this.
  7. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm with you, * 'im. Strung us along imo.

8. Maestro 08

By the looks of it unless it's 20mins from his front door and all his pals are there then he doesn't really fancy much. He's had more sabbaticals than jobs. Best just to stay in sunny Bournemouth sipping coffees Eddie.

honda likes this.
  9. Sydneysider

Put yourself in his expensive boots, he and his wife have spent their lives in SE England and particularly the Dorset/ Hampshire area and its a great place to live. His sons are probably at good local schools. He has plenty of money so no pressure to take just any job. Cant believe for one moment that his wife and family would have been keen to move to Glesga tbh

He will wait for the right job ie Crystal Palace or Brighton but keep his name in the frame in the meantime by hinting at interest in jobs like Celtic.... but will always have a compelling "genuine" reason to reject any offers that dont appeal.

Maestro 08 and rudebhoy67 like this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That in itself shows he would have been * then. A complete * mummies boy who's too scared to further his own career because he doesn't want to be alone or upset his boss/wife. Glad were not getting that waster.

11. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    From BBC Gossip
    Sounds more credible than the "outwith Celtic's control" although the board is so stupid, incompetent and unprofessional that it's actually true that it's out of their control to have something as basic for a football club as a clear vision.

12. dmccourt95

Harkin being the DOF and us going for low end championship/league 1 players is why he didn’t want to come

13. Foley1888

If that statement from the Athletic is true, it is truly terrible but even worse not unexpected. It sounds like complete * hour again in trying to modernise the club.

Rather than admit how out their depth they are in modernising a football club they have tried to cobble something together and failed massively which will be why we are struggling for a manager/ head coach.

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    It's no surprise that Celtic have no vision and direction. We have been scrabbling about every transfer market for years.

We are known for being * to negotiate with always trying to short change players and expecting people to come because it's Celtic etc.

We have not been a professional outfit for a long time. The squad we could have had over the years if we never tried to short change everyone over a few thousand here and there.

15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Eddie Howe or any other potential coach shouldn't be dictating to a club the size of Celtic of what the structure should be. The board have made a complete balls of whatever structure they plan to put in place. 3/4 months ago a structure should have been clearly agreed and set out and the personnel to fill those positions should have been identified and put in place long ago. It's then this structure should have been involved in the identifying and interview potential candidates to the first team coach role that fit the structure and philosophy the club want to implement

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

16. TheHappyLoss

Probably was us that effed it up. However I wish him nothing but misfortune in his football career from here on in. Unless he does manage us at some point where I will love him unequivocally.

Artorias, honda and JML67 like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    To say that Howe strung us along is nonsense, no Board worth their salt would conduct their business in this manner, it should've been clear early doors that he was the man or not, you don't mess about for 3 months and then release a pitiful statement to say it isn't happening.

18. Sgt Neppers*

The more you see it unfold, deal collapse or being outbid at the end. Its us, all us or should I say that * Lawell. Such a dysfunctional club/business. Just history repeating itself. Like you mentioned, the anomaly is Rodgers. And I no longer hold any thing against him.

cat123 likes this.
  19. Bunk Moreland

He's a sandy haired banger. * that *

20. TheHappyLoss

Simon Jordan the guy that owned Crystal Palace has placed most of the blame at Howe’s door for what it’s worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.