1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eboue Kouassi

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by 4-4-2, Jan 3, 2017.

Discuss Eboue Kouassi in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Roskopicachu

With the run of league titles it's a risk to throw him in.
    He's a defensive midfielder, but when he was in Russia he played a little bit further forward.
    This is why i thought he was signed, pace.
    I have yet to see this guy, when given game time, break a sweat.
    So for me you look to loan him to a team that will play him further forward.
    Otherwise i just think he looked lazy. Strolling around playing passes to the side.
    I thought he had a great press against centre backs, but i've yet to see the guy sprint so for me,
    a complete shambles and i'd rip up his contract tomorrow, but he wouldn't have it.

I think he goes out on loan and we take it from there. Can't see anyone wanting to buy him as scouts
    don't have much to go on. So it's a tricky one, made simpler by the fact his contract is finally beginning to run down.

If we want to bring someone in on a high wage it's made simpler if you get one or two like this off the books.

Personally i think he's playing out of position, but this is the position he chooses.

Very, very disappointed as i thought he had unbelievable pace, which he has never shown in a single game.
    So a dud, but one that hasn't really been given a shot and that is also down to the pressure on Celtic doing ten-in-a-row,
    also partly just going through the motions.

Dan Breen and Dazzler86 like this.
  2. .Zander. Gold Member Gold Member

Why did you think he had unbelievable pace? There was hardly any videos kicking around at the time. Also he broke sweat plenty against Zenit, ran his socks off.

Otherwise I agree he's a dud though

3. Albian Ajeti Here we go, 10 in a row Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    There’s no other way to describe him, unless he miraculously turns it around and becomes an important player for us. ~£3m for 22 bit part appearances in 3 and a half seasons. I think his contract expires in 2021, so a loan might be best for him. Give him games and see what he can do, then we either give him a chance if he’s good enough or cut our losses and sell him.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Hey Terry, smell my finger!

It’s criminal that in his time here he’s never been given a proper chance. Lewis Morgan has made more appearances than him ffs.

5. Mr Majestic I like Trebles and Bass Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's been injured for a large part of his time here has he not?

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Kouassi is a weird one. He's been at the club for 3 years now and not managed to even break into the periphery of the first team. In those 3 years you could count on one hand his decent games for us and for that reason I think his time at the club is coming to an end.

On-the-other-hand, he's just turned 22 in December and Callum McGregor hadn't really cemented himself in our team even at this point. He's shown glimpses of being able to play at a high level, like the first leg v Zenit in the Europa League. He was mobile, tenacious, alert and used the ball brilliantly.

I have a feeling that Kouassi is going to leave the club, find his feet somewhere and turn into a top player.

7. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

If it was just one manager I'd question it, but Rodgers and Lenny both don't seem to rate him. Same with Bayo I think. Just dont see it happening for them.

8. McGuire Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's done here..

Seen comments about him being defensive but his 2 best game's for us were as a pressing attacking midfielder..

He doesn't fit in anywhere now and should go..

9. Officer Doofy Hey Terry, smell my finger!

According to Tranfermarkt he was injured from:

Jan 23rd - Feb 13th 2017. Aug 8th - Oct 12th 2017. Oct 28th 2018 - Jun 30th 2019.

He's missed a fair number of matches, but he's essentially been fit for 22 months in his time here. Maybe he just ins't good at all but in his fleeting appearances for us he's show he has something about him. Just think he's not been given a fair crack at it.

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Granted he has had very limited game time but for me from what I have seen of him I do not rate him as been good enough. If we can sell him this window we should IMHO.

11. AMc88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Not prepared to say he's a dud yet - the fleeting glimpses we've had of him I thought he's been impressive.

Needs a loan move, in Scotland. Needs minutes then we can make a call on him.

12. Mr Majestic I like Trebles and Bass Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah I think it's a part of the reason, particularly Rodgers after signing him and saying he was 'Champions League quality' you'd think he'd have given him more chances.

The form of Brown and McGregor is also a factor though as both have been exceptional last few years but they could and should have been rested more for Eboue.

13. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sign Soro and sell Kouassi.

We’ve spent £3M(apparently), time embedding and coaching one youngster that came from a very good league and a top team, whilst hardly giving him game time.

Now we’re about to ship him out for a player 1 year younger, from the same country, plays the same position, coming from an Israeli team placed 9th in their league and paying £2M.

Someone already mentioned Morgan has had ample opportunity in two positions, where’s the sense in letting this lad go without giving him a decent chance.

I really can’t see how Soro can come in and be further ahead in development and of better quality, but hey, I’m no scout.

Bigbrute likes this.
  14. Slaw

Are people forgetting he is literally not long back from a year long injury.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Some amount of money * away yet again from the rat.

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Only the 6 months...

17. Autumn Time Gold Member Gold Member

Been here longer than you thought Gyp, it was Mowbray that bought him.

18. Fully 1967 Gold Member

Long he got left on his contract ? If it's still 18 months or more we would be better sending him on loan. No point selling him for pennies when there might be a player there.

Nobody is paying over £500k on a guy that's hardly kicked a ball in years.

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He had some great performances but then would be dropped from the team by the rat only to be thrown into tough away games a month down the line.

Between that and injuries the lad never got a good run in the team so we could see what he was about. Ashame really, loan him out and see how he does.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    136537E5-5392-4EF4-85FD-04A5424BAB86.jpeg