1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018 - 12th - 15th June - Expectations & Hopes

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by TESLA, May 30, 2018.

Discuss E3 2018 - 12th - 15th June - Expectations & Hopes in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    [​IMG]
    Whats everyone looking forward and hoping to see?

Last of us 2
    Days Gone
    Anthem
    That new from soft Ninja Gaiden / Bloodborne 2 game
    Massacre of Hong Kong
    Death Stranding

Bethesda are teasing a fallout, I really really want a DOOM 2 announcement though!

2. M 67

Fallout :36::36::36:

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A * release date for Death Stranding would be nice. At this point I'm thinking it is just gonna be forever teased and never actually be a * game.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

2020 I think.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Can’t wait for The Last of Us 2, but I’m avoiding trailers for it. Want to go into it completely unspoiled.

Really want to see more of Cyberpunk 2077. The Witcher 3 is the best open world game I’ve played, so this could be special.

Valhalla likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye last of us 2. Gonna have to ebay a ps4 complete in a week and resell it :56:

7. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hopefully something on left for dead 3, still hoping for an Alan wake sequel one day as well.

8. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Looking forward to seeing gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 and the new Battlefield

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Completely forgot about Ghost of Tsushima.

Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch (Infamous developers).

The Thumb likes this.
  10. Bonobhoy

Rockstar don't do E3.

Better have PC compatability from day 1 rather than waiting 2 years like GTA

11. Barry Robson

Last of us 2, days gone and fallout

12. Moustache

Here's the schedule for E3, with all the starting times for the various time zones.

[​IMG]

I also did a quick write up for each of the major shows, with a rundown of what games to expect at each of them, for anyone interested:

EA

Guaranteed/Extremely Likely:

Anthem – This is likely to be their major focus at this year’s presentation. With Destiny 2 having a bit of a torrid time, I think EA will be trying to capatalise on that and try and get a bit of hype behind Anthem. By the sounds of things they’re going to be showing off a lot of gameplay and some sort of behind the scenes/developer diary, type thing.

Battlefield V - Multiplayer gameplay. I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a Battle Royale type mode during the presentation as well.

FIFA 19 – I’m guessing the Champions & Europa League license will be the main talking point this year. There’s also a chance we’ll be seeing some stuff related to Seire A (with EA now having full rights to both Seire A and the Coppa Italia) and the Bundesliga (as Dortmund have apparently had their licensing contract with PES cut short).

Madden 19 – Probably your standard Madden trailer.

Fairly Likely:

They’ll probably announce a new EA Original (the initiative where they publish a smaller indie-ish title). Unravel 2 is probably a decent shout, but something entirely new is just as likely.

Potential surprises:

Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster – After saying they wouldn’t do any remasters, EA released a remaster of Burnout Paradise earlier this year. A lot of people seem to think that that was EA testing the waters and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. A Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is probably one of the most requested remasters out there and given that Mass Effect: Andromeda is unlikely to get a sequel anytime soon (or ever) it would be a good way to keep people engaged with the series.

Skate 3 Remaster/Skate 4 – So there was a lot of talk about Skate 4 prior to last E3, and it looks like there’s been some movement on that front again. Firstly, the online servers for both Skate 2 and Skate 3 were brought back online this week. The biggest potential hint for a Skate related announcement came courtesy of Instagram. A Twitter user noticed that a guy called Atiba, a skateboarding photographer and someone who appeared in previous Skate games, posted an image of a body scanner (use for scanning models for use in game) last month. Given that there seemed to be a lot of excitement last year for a new Skate game, I wouldn’t be surprised if that convinced EA to give the series another go.

Star Wars – We might hear about the Star Wars game that Respawn (the Titanfall developer) are working on, as it’s apparently quite far in to its development.

Titanfall 3 – It’s apparently in development and it’s been over a year and a half since the second game came out, so it’s a definite possibility. However, depending on how far along in development it actually is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it skipped this E3. Given that the second game seemingly underperformed, I’d imagine they wouldn’t want to run the risk of the third game being overshadowed at a crowded E3.

Xbox

Guaranteed/Extremely Likely (First-Party/Exclusive):

Crackdown 3 – Microsoft have confirmed that this is going to be at E3, alongside the announcement of the game being delayed to February 2019. It’s seemingly having a lot of issues behind the scenes, and it hasn’t been seen since last E3, but they’re obviously still persevering with it. At this point, I think they really need to show a proper look at gameplay and try to lay any doubts to rest.

Forza Horizon 4 – It’s rumoured to be set in Japan and recent leaked concept art seems to support that. There was also a rumour recently that it was in fact going to be set in the UK, but Japan/Asia still seems the more likely candidate at this point. There’s also talk that they’ve actually bought the studio behind the Horizon games (Playground Games), so that might be mentioned as well.

Gears of War 5 – This was mentioned in the same Walmart leak as Rage 2 (which was announced soon after) so this is a strong bet. I’d be more surprised if this didn’t turn up.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps – Like Crackdown, I don’t think this has been seen since last year’s E3. I’d be surprised if this didn’t turn up with a trailer and probably a release date.

Fairly Likely (First-Party/Exclusive):

Below – This is actually a timed exclusive by the sound of things, but I'll include it here anyway. Things went quiet with this for a while, but it sounds like it’s going to be at E3.

Halo: Infinity - Apparently a reliable Xbox insider is claiming that a game called ‘Halo: Infinity’ is going to be announced at E3. However, there’s no word on whether it’s Halo 6 or some kind of spin-off.

Sea of Thieves – I would imagine that they’ll be showing a trailer for the next major content update.

Potentially, but unlikely (First-Party/Exclusive):

Fable 4/Reboot – This is apparently extremely early in development, so unless they’re desperate, I’d be surprised if they announced this.

Perfect Dark Reboot/New game – There was a rumour that The Coalition (the studio that works on Gears of War) was apparently assisting an unnamed studio on a new Perfect Dark game. I’m not sure how much stock I’d put in that particular rumour, but it’s still a definite possibility.

Extremely Likely (Third Party/Non-exclusive):

There was a rumour that MS have marketing deals for the following games (a few of these are basically confirmed already) so all of these could potentially be shown during their conference:

Anthem – Based on last year’s appearance during the Xbox show, this is probably a safe bet. EA are probably going to be showing this heavily at their own show however, so I’m not sure what they’d actually show at this conference (perhaps something story related or some sort of exclusive content trailer)

Battlefield V – MS had the marketing deal for Battlefield 1, and it looks like they have it again. Like Anthem, this is probably going to be a big part of EA’s presentation, so I expect it’ll probably just be a quick trailer and a talk about exclusive/early-access content during this show.

Cyberpunk 2077 - It’s confirmed to be at E3 and CDPR have a decent relationship with MS, with the Witcher 3 also turning up during past Xbox presentations. If it was going to appear at any of the shows, I think it will be this one.

Madden 19 – The same as every other year.

Metro: Exodus – This appeared at their show last year, so it wouldn’t be too surprising if it shows up again this year.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider – The last game was a timed console exclusive for the Xbox One, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they partner up again (minus the exclusivity this time). If it does show up, I’m guessing it’ll be in the form of a gameplay demo. Square Enix will also be having their own show of sorts this year, so it’ll be interesting see how they’ll handle that.

Splinter Cell – Heavily rumoured, and all but guaranteed to be announced at E3 (also mentioned in the Walmart leak). The series has a history with Xbox, so expect maybe a teaser or short trailer with a full reveal to come at Ubisoft’s show

Unlikely (Third Party/Non-Exclusives):

Borderlands 3 – This was also one of the games that Microsoft were rumoured to have the marketing rights for. However, it sounds like there’s apparently been some issues behind the scenes leading to delays, which in turn has led to them choosing to skip E3. There’s obviously still a chance that it could turn up, but it seems unlikely.

Bethesda

Fallout 76
    – They seem to be positioning this as their star attraction, so expect to see a fairly extensive showing. If it really is some sort of online survival type game, we’ll probably be getting a brief story/setup trailer and then a gameplay focused trailer/demo.

Prey DLC/Expansion – The developers have been teasing something to do with the Moon on both the official Twitter account (with images that also reference the date of Bethesda’s E3 showcase) and on Steam (with new achievements that have names that reference the Moon) , so it seems like a pretty safe bet that they’ll be showing something. Most people seem to think that it's a standalone expansion-ish type game (like Arkane also did with Dishonored: Death of the Outsider last year).

Rage 2 – We’ll definitely be seeing something to do with this. I’m leaning towards a mix of a story trailer and a gameplay demo.

Potential surprises:

Doom 2 – Another Doom game is extremely likely, but I’d say it’s 50/50 whether or not it shows up this year or next year.

Starfield – This is potentially their big surprise for this year. Starfield is the project that Bethesda Game Studios (the studio behind the mainline Fallout & Elder Scrolls) have been rumoured to be working on for a few years now and is apparently some sort of space based game, with an exploration focus. Some rumours have it being a bigger budget No Man’s Sky, but it really could be anything. Given that the same studio will also be showing Fallout 76, part of me doubts that they’ll be showing two major projects at the one show, but there’s always a chance.

The Evil Within 2 DLC – There hasn’t been much talk about this but seeing as the first got some DLC, I can see the sequel following suit.

Square Enix

Square Enix aren’t doing a traditional show, instead choosing to put out a Nintendo Direct style pre-recorded video.

Just Cause 4
    – This was also mentioned in the Walmart leak and has since been leaked by Steam as well, so I’d expect an announcement at E3. The team behind the first two games (the original, Stockholm based Avalanche Studios) are working on Rage 2 (which was also coincidentally in the Walmart leak) so I expect that this will be the same team who did Just Cause 3 (the New York branch of Avalanche Studios).

Kingdom Hearts 3 – They’ll probably have a trailer showing off a new world (possibly Frozen). I also wouldn’t be surprised if this showed up at during the Xbox or Playstation shows either (maybe even both).

Life is Strange 2 – The developers announced a month or two ago that they would revealing the game in the near future, and it would make sense to do it at E3 (where the Before the Storm miniseries was also revealed last year).

Shadow of the Tomb Raider – If it does appear at the Xbox show, I’m not quite sure what they’ll show here. I suppose it would depend on what’s actually shown; it might be a case of one getting the gameplay demo and the other getting a story trailer.

The Avengers
    – We know the project exists and it’s widely expected to be show off at E3. Most talk surrounding the game has it as an action game with at least some sort of ongoing/live content (i.e. a Game as a Service) like Destiny, for example.

Fairly Likely:

Dragon Quest XI – They barely market these games in the West, but it would be counterproductive not to show something during E3.

Possible:

Final Fantasy VII Remake – They talk about the game semi-regularly and show the odd image every now and then, but it sounds like there’s still a lot of work to be done. Unless they have something substantial to show, or Part 1 of the remake is much father on that people realised, I don’t think this will turn up (even if it does, I think it would be shown at the Playstation show anyway).

Left Alive – I’m not too clued up on this myself, but it’s apparently some sort of FPS they announced last year for the PS4 at the Tokyo Game Show. If it does get shown, I’d be surprised if it was anything more than a quick-ish trailer.

Octopath Traveller – I think this is more likely to show up during the Nintendo Direct (as it’s currently a Switch exclusive title), but they may still want to show something off themselves.

Unlikely:

Guardians of the Galaxy – This is the third game that Eidos Montreal are apparently working on (they’re also developing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and assisting with the Avengers game as well). Unlike the Avengers game, this actually hasn’t been officially announced yet, but it’s been talked about by industry insiders for a while now. Given that the Avengers game is extremely likely to be shown, I do sort of wonder whether showing another big-budget Marvel game would be too much for the one show.

Project Prelude Rune
    – Square Enix announced a new studio early last year called Studi Istolia, and the project they were working on – currently referred to as Project Prelude Rune. It’s apparently going to be a story-focused, fantasy RPG, but it’s also still in very early development. Whilst Square Enix aren’t averse to showing trailers for games much earlier than they probably should (i.e. the Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts series), I’d still be surprised to see anything from this game.

Unnamed FPS Game – People Can Fly, the studio best known for Bulletstorm, are apparently working on a big-budget FPS game for Sqaure Enix. It sounds like it may still be fairly early in development however, so it seems unlikely to be at this E3.

Ubisoft

Guaranteed:

Assassins Creed: Odyssey – They’ve already announced this and confirmed that it’s appearing at E3. In terms of what they’ll show, I think it’ll be a story trailer. In terms of gameplay, it depends on who has the marketing deal. Last year, Microsoft had the marketing rights for Origins and showed a gameplay demo during their conference, with Ubisoft showing a story trailer at their show (which was a strange way of doing it, in my opinion). However, there’s also a chance that it could be shown at the Playstation event given that, outwith Unity and Origins, every other AC game has had a marketing deal with Playstation. In saying that, I’d lean towards Microsoft having the rights again this year.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 – I’m a little bit surprised they're showing this again, as it’s still very early in development. Unless they show another CGI trailer (which I’m not sure would be the best idea), I’m guessing it will be some sort of developer diary type trailer.

For Honor – Probably a quick trailer showing the next content update.

Skull & Bones – We haven’t seen anything of this since last E3 and its release date was seemingly pushed back to 2019. Seeing as its online only, I don’t really think they’ll be able to show anything other than a gameplay demo (unless they’ve added some sort of singleplayer mode).

Starlink: Battle for Atlas – While it’s seems misguided to put out a new game in the toys-to-life genre, it seems like Ubisoft are still going ahead with it. There was a leak that suggested this is going to be shown during the Nintendo Direct, so that could potentially affect what Ubisoft show themselves. Unless it’s been significantly retooled, I don’t expect much more than a quick-ish gameplay trailer.

Transference – This was the weird Elijah Wood, VR game. I’m guessing we’ll be seeing some actual gameplay this time around.

Extremely likely to appear:

Far Cry 5 DLC – They still have two DLC campaigns to go (Dead Living Zombies & Lost on Mars) so I expect a quick trailer showing them off.

Splinter Cell – Like I mentioned in the Xbox notes, this is pretty much guaranteed to be revealed at E3; so it’s really just a question of what they show. Again, unless they do the sort of backwards reveal we got for Assassins Creed: Origins, I’m expecting a teaser/story trailer at the Xbox show and a gameplay reveal during this show.

The Crew 2 – This actually comes out on the 29th, so I don’t think they’ll dwell on this too much. Probably just a quick trailer to build some hype leading up to the release date.

Potential Surprise:

Watch Dogs 3 - I was more certain this was going to be revealed before Assassins Creed: Odyssey was announced. Originally, I thought Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed were going to alternate years from now on, but it seems like the latter might be going back to annual releases. If that is the case, then I’m guessing Watch Dogs 3 will go the Far Cry route and come out early next year (like Far Cry 5 did this year, despite previous entries releasing in October/November time).

Playstation

It’s probably worth mentioning here that Sony have announced that they’re largely going to be focusing on four of their exclusive/first-party games at this show and doing ‘deep-dives’ on each of them. There’s definitely going to be surprises, but I think it’ll be new multiplatform games being announced, rather than exclusive ones.

Guaranteed (The four ‘deep-dive’ First-Party/Exclusives):

Death Stranding – I think we’ll probably get another cool, but completely out there trailer, but seeing as they’ve chosen this as one of the four, I’m guessing we’ll see some gameplay as well. I don’t think it’ll be anything extensive, or much more than a trailer, but it’ll probably give us an idea of what sort of game it actually is.

Ghost of Tsushima – Again, I think we’ll see some sort of story trailer, perhaps giving a bit more background on the protagonist. In terms of gameplay, seeing as its open-world, I expect something similar to the Horizon gameplay demos (i.e. a bit of exploring and combat, finishing up with either a fight against, or tease of, a boss type enemy).

Spider-Man – Seeing as the game comes out in September, I’m guessing this is the one that will have the heaviest focus on gameplay. Last year they showed a story mission and whilst they could definitely do that again, I’m expecting this to be more of an exploration demo, showing off Manhattan itself.

The Last of Us: Part II – I’d be a little bit surprised if we got an out and out story trailer to be honest, as they’ve already had two of those. Instead I think we’re probably in line for a gameplay demo similar to the one that first game got back at E3 2012 (which showed the hotel section of the game); something that shows the improvements to the gameplay, has a story hook and ends with some sort of impactful moment.

Days Gone – They’ve actually released a trailer for this prior to the show itself and announced a release date (22nd February 2019). Whilst there’s a chance they might show more during the presentation, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just showed the same trailer.

Dreams – This is apparently going to be at E3, but who knows what they’ll show. The creation tools are really impressive, but I’m not sure an actual demo of them during an E3 show is the best venue to showcase them. I could maybe see them having a trailer for the campaign, which could be a good way of showing of the variety of levels and game types you can make in the game.

MediEvil Remake/Remaster – Outwith announcing it, they haven’t said anything else about the game since PSX in December. Whilst I don’t think they intend this to be some huge remake on the level of Crash or Spyro, I do think they’ll still want to give it a good showing.

Potential Surprise (First-Party/Exclusive):

Manchester Studio VR Game – Their Manchester Studio is only a few years old, but they’ve apparently been to work on a major VR project. I’d be surprised if whatever they’re working on wasn’t shown at this E3.

Guaranteed/Extremely likely (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive):

Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII – Seeing as they don’t have a story mode to show this year, I’m guessing they’ll show their battle-royale mode, ‘Blackout’. I imagine they’ll also talk about the usual early access to new maps and stuff.

Destiny 2: Forsaken – They’ve already announced this, so I’m guessing it’ll be a standard trailer.

Devil May Cry 5 – There’s a lot of leaked details out there and the trailer has apparently been ready for months (and was apparently planned to be shown at PSX last December). The game is set in the original series and has nothing to do with the reboot/spin-off DmC game. There’s apparently some sort of exclusivity deal the game, although it’s not known whether or not it’s a full exclusive, a console exclusive or just a timed exclusive (which is why I didn’t include it with the actual exclusives), Capcom have done deals like these in the past (Dead Rising 3 & 4 on the Xbox, and Street Fighter V on the PS4 & PC) so it wouldn’t be surprising if that is the case.

Fairly Likely (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive):

Kingdom Hearts 3 – Like I said in the Sqaure Enix notes, I could see this turning up at the Xbox show but this is still the more likely of the two. If it does, I expect they’ll show off footage of a new world.

Red Dead Redemption 2 – I know Rockstar traditionally don’t do E3 (with a PS4 GTAV bundle being the closest thing they’ve had to a presence at E3 in recent times) but I’m convinced this is going to show up during the show. We know Sony have the marketing rights and when the listing for the game appeared on the Playstation Store recently, the description included the following statement ‘Playstation Exclusive: Play select content first on PS4. Details to follow.’ Seeing as we’ve yet to see the multiplayer for this game, I think they might do the multiplayer reveal during the show alongside the announcement of this ‘play first’ deal.

Spelunky 2 – This was announced during the Paris Games Week pre-show, and I’ll expect they’ll show some footage during the indie section/montage.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy – Seeing as Sony have been pretty friendly with Activision in recent times, and their own history with this series (and these particular games) I’m expecting a quick trailer.

Likely (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive):

Hitman 2 – Warner Bros. (the new publisher for the series, or at least this entry, after IO Interactive split from Square Enix) officially announced this on Thursday. Seeing as the previous Hitman game was revealed at a Playstation presentation, I could see it showing up here again.

Resident Evil 2: Remake – I 100% think this is going to be shown in some capacity over E3, it’s just the question of where it shows up. The Playstation show makes the most sense, in my opinion, but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it turned up at the Xbox presentation either.

Shadows Die Twice – This is From Software’s (the studio behind the Souls games) new project announced at the Game Awards. It’s been rumoured to be about a dozen different things, but a recent tease apparently suggests that it might be a reboot of/spiritual successor to a game called ‘Kuon’, a survival horror game From made for the PS2. Regardless of what the game actually is, it’s definitely getting revealed at E3 and I’d lean towards it turning up at this show but. I

Potential Surprises (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive) :

Crash Team Racing Remake – Activision have been pretty open about the fact that they’re planning more Crash games and this seems like a popular choice. The only reason I could see them passing up a remaster, and instead going for a brand new game, is that there’s apparently some weird rights issues with this game (in that Sony themselves actually own the rights to the original game).

Final Fantasy VII: Remake – I wouldn’t expect more than a story trailer or a very brief gameplay trailer if it does show up.

Mortal Kombat 11 – Ed Boon, the series co-creator, has been teasing this recently and given the release pattern for their last few games a reveal seems likely. They’ve had a decent relationship with Sony in the past, which makes me lean towards them announcing the game at this show. However, given the fact that Sony are so heavily involved with Street Fighter V, there’s also a chance that it shows up elsewhere (i.e. the Xbox conference)

Rocksteady’s Project – Sony had the marketing rights for all of the Arkham games and their most recent project, Batman: Arkham VR, was also a timed exclusive for the PSVR, so it’s fair to say that they have a good relationship. I don’t think the Marvel connection is going to upset anything there, as they had Spider-Man and Arkham VR at the same show back at E3 2016. If it does turn up, I don’t think it will be anything more than a CG reveal trailer.

Nintendo

Nintendo are hosting their usual Nintendo Direct event again this year (which is a pre-recorded video, for those who aren’t familiar with them). They’ve already confirmed that they're only going to be showing Switch games this year, so that narrows down any predictions.

Guaranteed/Extremely Likely (First-Party/Exclusive):

Bayonetta 3 – They announced this in December at the Game Awards, but they’ve yet to show anything of the game so far. Given the type of game this is, I’d surprised if they didn’t show off a gameplay trailer of some sort.

Mario Tennis Aces – Probably a gameplay trailer, and a look at the campaign.

Metroid Prime 4 – They haven’t shown anything of this since announcing this at last E3 (and even that was basically just a title card). I think they’ll definitely show some sort of reveal/story trailer and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some gameplay as well.

Octopath Traveler - Probably a quick story trailer.

Pokemon: Let’s Go Eevee & Let’s Go Pikachu – Although they just announced this last week, they’re definitely going to show something here as well. It’ll probably be a trailer with some story and gameplay mixed in.

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion – This is coming out on the 31st July, so I’m guessing it’ll be a quick trailer to build some hype in the run up to it’s release.

Super Smash Bros. – In all likelihood, it’ll be a cg trailer showing off some of the cast with their updated appearances (i.e. Link) with a reveal of a new character or two as well.

Fire Emblem for Switch – They announced that this is coming, so I think they’ll probably give this a proper reveal this year. Probably a story & gameplay trailer.

Yoshi for Switch – Nintendo announced last year that a Yoshi game is coming to Switch, so I’m guessing that this year they’ll show what the game actually is.

Potential Surprises (First-Party/Exclusive):

Animal Crossing – A lot of Nintendo fans seem to think that an announcement is likely in the near future, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one the new games they revealed during the stream.

Star Fox: Grand Prix - This was leaked last month, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns up at E3. It’s being developed by Retro (best known for their work on the Metroid Prime Trilogy and, more recently, on the last couple of Donkey Kong Country games. The game itself is said to be a mix between Diddy Kong Racing and F-Zero.

Guaranteed/Extremely Likely (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive):

There was a leak in late May that showed a number of third-party games that are set to appear during the Nintedno Direct. The leak itself was supported by both Kotaku and Destructoid, so I’d say that it’s pretty safe bet that these games are going to be shown.

Dragon Ball FighterZ – Probably a quick trailer, and maybe an announcement that the Switch version will come bundled with a few of the DLC characters.

FIFA 19 – Probably a quick gameplay trailer.

Fortnite – The Korean rating board also outed this, so I’d say this pretty much guaranteed to be shown. I imagine any sort of trailer will probably show off some sort of Switch exclusive content (i.e. Nintendo themed character costumes).

Killer Queen: Black – This is apparently an arcade series, and the official Twitter account seems to be teasing it. I’m guessing that this will just be a gameplay trailer.

Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate – Probably a gameplay trailer.

Overcooked 2 – This was probably the most surprising game in the line-up. While I don’t think the game itself will be exclusive, I wouldn’t be surprised if Switch version has some sort of exclusive content (maybe Nintendo themed characters or maps). If this is announced, I’m guessing it’ll be a gameplay trailer with some story elements.

Paladains – Gameplay trailer.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas – I mentioned this in the Ubisoft notes, but it’s difficult to predict what they’ll actually show for this. I’d say it will either be a quick trailer or something a bit more extensive, showing off some sort of Switch exclusivity or special compatibility.

Potential Surprise (Third-Party/Non-Exclusive):

Diablo 3: Eternal Collection - It’s been rumoured for a while that Diablo 3 is coming to the Switch, and coupled with the recent story of the Eternal Collection apparently getting a physical release, I’m expecting an announcement at E3.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Microsoft utter * as per, defo getting a PlayStation soon. :31:

14. Moustache

Just to give everyone the heads up, EA’s show starts at 7. Here’s a few links, for anyone who wants to watch it:

YouTube:

Twitch:

EA Website:

https://www.ea.com/

Artorias likes this.
  15. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Last of us 2 gameplay and demo
    Info on if red dead 1 is gonna be remastered
    New borderlands ?
    Gameplay of final fantasy 7 combat

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is red dead one not Xbox one enhanced now already?

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The cringe is unbearable.

18. Moustache

Artorias likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    TLoU 2 looks incredible.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player: