1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ricardo, Oct 1, 2004.

Discuss Doubt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ricardo

Hello! I'm a Spanish kid and I was reading some things about Glasgow because I'm going to Scotland. The first I thought was Celtic Glasgow! I was searching information about the team because I have always liked it. I want to know why there are so many references to the song ¡Viva España! and my country and Ireland. If somebody can explain me it I would be very grateful. Thank you! Every football supporter would like one day go to the Celtic Park, great sight!

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

hello ricardo and welcome to talkceltic.
    We play the viva espaina song anytime we play a spanish side in europe, it's mainly to wind the huns up and you should have a look at some of the pictures we have from "beachball sunday"

as for the irish thing it would take forever to talk about but there's plenty of reading out there if you want to find out the history of the club.

Make sure you go to celtic park while your over it's not called paradise for nothing.

Hail Hail

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye, if visiting Glasgow id strongly recommend a tour around Celtic park or even get to a game if possible! Its a superb stadium, you can find out details etc on the official site. Have a good trip!

4. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yep, totally agreee. If you do go to Glasgow, visit Celtic Park mate! You will not be disappointed! If you want hooked up with a ticket or two, just PM me mate!

5. Ricardo

Thanks

Thank you for your comments. I will go sure to the Celtic stadium if I go to Glasgow. Well, I will investigate more about the irish relation and the viva españa. I'm guessing it's because the catholics. Anyway, good luck with the Bar$a. I'm from Barcelona but I'm supporter of RCD Español, much better! Last year going to college I saw many bhoys when you kick Bar$a out from UEFA cup. Well, thank you.

6. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

No problem mate!! Lets hope we knock them out of the CL by taking their place!!