1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Oct 31, 2021.

Discuss Do you think we will win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Simple question, yes or no?

I think it will be very tight, but believe we can do it if we get some proper reinforcements in January.

2. jj81

Yes

3. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Yes - we're * but the huns are worse

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Hope to * I'm wrong but I don't think this group have it in them. Haven't beat the huns in 8 games or so, can't beat Livi, and look more and more like a 1 man team. Soon as wee Kyogo goes out, we're a different animal.
    Fully expect the Huns to drop points, but sadly think we'll drop more.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and martin_d like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've only played 12 league games which is mad, as the campaign already feels longer than that..

At the start of the season I would have said no chance, but now I think it will be genuinely close..

The Huns are pish and aren't enjoying the pressure of their home horde on their backs, this is countered by the favourable officiating they benefit from.

We have improved a lot quicker than any of us could have imagined, really.. Despite a few poor performances like yesterday..

Think we'll do it but we need to beat them at Celtic Park in January and win the League Cup those two things could be huge in momentum and belief..

Hammy89 and JML67 like this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Gun to my head, no.

No point in going into it as covered the same points for months already, but too late to appoint Ange, too little/too late in the summer transfer window.

I think Sevco will have a very mediocre season and we’ll look back at it as an opportunity lost.

7. Forza 67

Both teams are struggling to put a run of wins together so hard to predict as none have been convincing, usually you expect the champions to finish on 90+ pts but this season look's like it will be in the 80's. Honestly no idea as I thought we had turned a corner and we go and shoot ourselves in the foot against Livingston at home.

8. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Need to be up there come January....and transfer window had to be executed perfectly with the right players ....doable.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Very tight the money should be on the Huns with a team that's been together for a while and being current holders also they've got the refs bias and tight calls.

We are right up against it, need some more players need to be more flexible about how we play games regarding tactics and philosophy, rebuilt with new players and new manager it's a tough job to win league in first season but we can do it

10. slievenamon

Yes, but dropping 5 from 6 to teams like livi will only make it harder.

11. Dubliner1

The result yesterday has given me less confidence. There's always a chance but I feel currently we will not do it. I hope I'm wrong

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

At a canter x

13. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

12 games in, 4 points behind, so much football to be played, still to play them 3 times, we can definitely do it, yesterday was disappointing but they have nearly dropped the same amount of points than they did the whole of last season, stay close to them up to the New year game, get a couple of good signings in January and see what happens.

14. Sin

Going to abstain for now.

The truth is, neither us or them are playing like a title winning side.
    We need to get to January still in touch, even with some much needed players coming in then I'm still not sure we are capable of winning the league.

After a few wins Ange bought himself some time but yesterdays game just highlights again that he is stubborn or still learning.
    85% possession at home but only 2 shots on target, 1 being a 90th minute penalty, that's a shocking stat!

If Ange can learn that when constant crossing into the box isn't working and change it and we get maybe 3 or 4 players in January I think we could win the league and even win it easily.

A lot of ifs and buts ....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    buchanbhoy likes this.
  15. Onefootwonder

I'm not sure. I think we are a better team than them, but we just aren't stringing performances together.

16. Buster

From where we were in July l think we're doing ok. Both of us will drop points so we need to......

1/ Try and go on an extended unbeaten run

2/ Start beating the huns again

3/ Stop * like Livingston and their ex drug dealing hun manager getting the better of us

Heb Celt likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm still not convinced by this team or the manager tbh.

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes. Only Livingston play like...Livingston, and our team will have more opportunities against the rest of the league. Even if Rogić missing is the ultimate problem, he'll be back after the next international break.

19. Mr Diggler

If we can stay in touch until we play der hun at home and beat them then I would say yes as long as January sees some decent recruitment. An absolutely huge few months though. We need to stay in touch, even 4 points behind by January would do.

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Don't see how you could be tbh.

Haven't beaten them in like 8 or 9 games ? Last time was cup final, I think ? Even then, we got battered the full match near enough.