1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you leave reviews?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 11, 2020.

Discuss Do you leave reviews? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    LV426 likes this.
  2. LV426 Guest

its not a buffet at the shimla and i dare say the food is of decent quality albeit the portions are small but for £3.50 what would you expect. the shimla's food is decent, no better than that but the service is appalling at times. if you are prepared to be spoken to like a kid, rushed to get out (40mins max for lunch) and have staff laugh at you and offer opinion on your dress sense, eating habits and heritage then this is the place to go. i have not had it directed at me but have seen it a couple of times when i occasionally went in with the wife, never again. the guy is an * who does not deserve the customers he gets.

Fontaine and paulie walnuts like this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The owner is a bit too cocky and arrogant for my liking but his responses to trip advisor reviews are entertaining.
    When you pay £3.50 for 3 courses, moaning on trip advisor is a bit much.

LV426 and Onefootwonder like this.
  4. Onefootwonder

£3.50 gets you a naan bread elsewhere. :giggle1:

There is no room for moaning.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  5. LV426 Guest

I agree, if he and some of the staff were a bit more pleasant and grateful for the custom I would be happy to eat there from time to time. Food is decent standard given the prices charged even on the a la carte menu. I don't and never have expected my boots licked when I go into a restaurant but a bit of courtousy is expected. He should not react to the reviews and allow the good reviews to carry the shimla. By reacting he only backs up some of the negativity which I find to be on this place to be correct. While as I have said I have never been on the end of the poor service I have witnessed it on a couple of occasions. Not my kind of place.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Had a look at Shimla Cottage’s reviews on Trip Advisor. The place sounds terrible. :56:

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I tend to check the negative/low rated reviews and see what nonsense they are moaning about.
    Tend to find something may get overall 4 stars and it has 3 1 star reviews.
    I'll check those 3 out, 9 times out of 10 it's usually negative for something completely outside of the sellers control (or limited).

Bought a manga few weeks ago and a negative review was made because of a small dent in the cover from during its postage.

Hardly a fault on the seller or the product (although packaging could be better), but even then, it's a risk one takes buying books online.
    The rest favourable for the quality of the cover etc.

If the negative reviews are filled with that sort of nonsense, then I tend to find product is fine (with other normal due diligence). I'll take more serious complaints on board though.

Tend not to leave reviews though, but I did go through a spell of reviewing most things I had bought online and giving an honest run down.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk