1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big C

Poor day today by the standards he’s set.

2. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

So one footed, always bottles out of a pass with his left

3. snoogins

Love the guy to bits but I hope he can get himself a lot fitter next season

He is not the quickest by any stretch but my biggest concern was him being subbed. I was shouting like a * loon when I heard he was coming off and not Christie, then the camera showed him close up and he looked absolutely *. He was sucking wind and breathing harder than anybody on the pitch which I can only assume is why he was taken off

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

When Christie played him through and Helander was chasing him I went for a pish came back and he was just getting his shot off.

He put some excellent balls in today and had a few tidy touches but fairly quiet in open play for his standards. Can’t get my head around why he’s the first player to be hauled of regardless of how he or we are playing.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Naturally he will improve his mobility and fitness under a better set-up..

Don't forget he's only been in the team for a what, 5 month's really after sitting on the bench. Before that he'd been out a year with a bad knee injury..

I've no doubt that will come soon..

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

Fingers crossed. Looked a bit out of his depth today with the pace of the game (and it’s usually a lot more frantic than that).

At the moment, he’s a good player. He will be a great player for us if he can find that extra yard and do the dirty side of the game as well.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It was a higher tempo at their's and he handled it fine..

Decent shot. Slipped Edouard or someone through second half after a wee burst and could've had a possible 3 assists from set pieces..

He wasn't great but he was far more productive than Christie, even on a bad day....yet first hooked..

He must know be 100% yet and why we're trying to manage him. Would make sense why he's always first hooked..

Once he gets his fitness up and works abit on his mobility, he'll be class. Already is to be fair but he's young, made a big step up and still settling in. It's easy to forget all that because of his impact..

He'll never be rapid but he will gain an extra yard once he's on some sort of fitness plan..

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Looked like he was running in treacle when he was through 1 on 1 I think it was a near 40 year old Davis who caught up to him

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I thought he was decent today.

Hope he can improve his fitness.

10. northeast67

Poorest game yet, maybe had his confidence knocked being left out the Scotland Squad

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Stephen Davis who is pushing 40 beat him in a foot race, that should not be happening. People screaming and shouting about him being subbed after 70 minutes might need to accept there is an under lying fitness issue with the guy. He needs to put in a productive pre-season so he is fully fit for the start of next season. If he is still being beaten for pace by people nearly twice his age then we have a problem.

made in ireland likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fully expecting him to continue to develop and I won't be surprised to see him become a key player next season.

martin_d and Slaw like this.
  13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's quite similar to Rogic so far, ofc not as good as Tam in his prime yet but he's skillful player with a fantastic eye for passing and a great shot, not to mention he gets subbed off before the 80th minute and he's slow as * :56:

trackebhoy likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Davis just turned 36, calm doon.

His athleticism must and will improve but it’s nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe.

15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Don't need to have electric pace to be a brilliant player eg, Xavi, Zidane, Scholes, Riquelme and many more.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Better to be consistently accurate than quicker with no end product.

17. Barry Robson

With a competent manager and coaching staff we will see the fitness of the squad overall improve, including Turnbull. The difference in fitness and attitude when Rodgers came in to what was shown under Lennon shows how much difference a top coach can change things. Team should be built around him and Soro, however i would like to bring in a quick, strong and athletic midfielder to play alongside them who has that hunger and drive to win us matches

martin_d and FranceCelt like this.
  18. jambo_cfc

Mcavennie saying may look to leave if he kees getting subbed ! Stating christies did nothing in games but stays on !! Glad ppl are speaking up on christie now !!

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Hes not going to look to leave because he's getting taken off in his first full season back from a year out injured. He's starting for Celtic every week.

Also, McAvennie knows * all about whats going on at the club

Liam Scales and Hammy89 like this.
  20. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't really agree with this mate. Plenty players who lack 'pace' can be and have been outstanding players. Pirlo is the guy who comes to mind for me. I'm not likening Turnbull to Pirlo before anyone jumps the gun. The thing that I like about Turnbull is his ability to find space,his willingness to have a shot from outside the box and his range of passing. His fitness issues(only if they are long term) admittedly may become an issue but not him being beaten in a footrace by a 40 year old