1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    This is the turning point for him I hope. Massive future at celtic and scotland

littlekennie likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He takes a touch and * his marker so quickly he has time to just stand and look ice cool before deciding what to do next

JML67, Rydo1888*, The Dude and 3 others like this.
  3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Again like Soro absolutely superb tonight..

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His first touch is frightening. A world away from Christie and Armstrong always knocking the ball into the air and the second touch having to be with their chest.

Ridiculous it took this long for him to get a game.

Must start.

Pler.

5. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Watched his wee fly on the wall documentary film about his injury at Motherwell when he signed really enjoyed it , seems a nice bhoy

LloydsGamble likes this.
  6. shaunm

Will only get better,not sure who he’s played against but when at Motherwell the best he came up against was Brown McGregor Aribo and Jack,tonight he was motm against one of the best teams in France,his potential is frightening

buchanbhoy likes this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Noticed this anytime I’ve seen him. Reminds me of Toni Kronos. Not the quickest but his touch just takes him away from players, glides around. Always looking for the forward pass aswell

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s like rogic and Christie rolled into one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W33kev likes this.
  9. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    outstanding tonight, great goal :)

10. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

I like him, I like him a lot

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

And that's before you even mention his set piece delivery and eye for goal. :35:

Marty McFly likes this.
  12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we'll see improvement in Scottish players all the way to the Euros next Summer!

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Promising signs. Given how the season has gone so far, I'll take that in an instant.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

David Turnbull made a huge impact on his European debut for Celtic, scoring the winning goal in the 3-2 win against Lille on Thursday night, and now the Hoops midfielder is focusing on continuing to impress in training in the hope of more opportunities.

Celtic’s final game in the group stages of this year’s instalment of the Europa League saw the Scottish champions up against a Lille side who had only lost one game in all competitions this season. Celtic were held to a 2-2 in France in the first meeting with Lille, and Neil Lennon’s side came into determined to end their European campaign for the season on a high note with a win over the Ligue 1 outfit.

The Celtic manager made numerous changes to the starting XI with a view to keeping the team fresh for Sunday’s league game against Kilmarnock at Paradise, and to give some other members of the team some playing time.

That meant Turnbull was given his first European start in the Hoops and the 21-year-old seized the opportunity with an excellent performance in midfield which he capped off with the winning goal. Turnbull was delighted with the outcome of the game and credited the rest of the team for the impressive performance. He said:

'It was a great night to make my first start in Europe and a great result to top it off. It’s what you live for, these moments in football and I’m glad I was able to take my chance.'

"It feels amazing to score and play a part in the other goal, it’s amazing to help the boys out and help the club out and I’m sure we’ll kick on from here. I’m proud of all the boys, they were brilliant and I’m absolutely delighted. We played very well as a team. Everyone performed well and we stuck by each other and got the result.

“It means everything to me and my family. I was delighted to get the call to start and I Just wanted to play as well as I could. To top it off with a goal was amazing."

With competition for places in the team so high, Turnbull has had to bide his time since arriving from Motherwell late in the summer. He understood the challenge in trying to nail down a regular starting place but vowed to continue making a case each day in training.

“It’s been tough being on the bench," he said, "but you need to work hard every day, give your all in training and whenever you come on do your best. You need to trust the process, bide your time and your chance will come.

“I obviously want to play every game and I train every day to show that I want to play,” he said. “It’s up to the gaffer, I trust his decision and we’ll see what happens.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't want to get too excited about one performance but that was so exciting to see last night from Turnbull. Deservedly man of the match. Involved in all 3 goals with a great set piece delivery, a neat pass that set up the penalty and of course an excellent finish for the winner. Was excellent on the ball all night. Rogic like vision on the passing and comfortable under pressure I could go on. But I have to mention as well his set piece delivery. What a difference he made on that front too. All but one of his deliveries was good last night. Without a doubt he must start on Sunday. Maybe he and Soro can be the catalyst that kick starts our season.

jimbobers likes this.
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Great input from him in our digital programme for the weekend, thanks Peter this is the added value you promised. :fear:

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Been good again..

Should've had an assist for Jullien and had 2 good strikes one straight at the keeper on half time and his left peg effort was close but just over the bar..

He proper gives me a buzz watching him..

NomDePlum likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s criminal that it’s taken until December for Turnbull to start getting a proper chance.

Already running games for us.

Sgt Neppers* and Valhalla like this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It makes me sick because we'd be closer to the Huns without a shadow of a doubt....if he'd been given a run..

He could've genuinely had 4 assists today from his set pieces..

An outrageous talent..

Love him..

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His technique is frightening.

You can already tell he’s going right to the very top. Rarely wastes a ball and constantly looking for it under pressure and always composed.