1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. BruceLeeBhoy

good interview from Craigy

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Handsome big *.

3. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd rather we went for someone like Costil than keeping him in the summer, but fair enough I guess

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    He's been silent on the media front since all the transfer speculation. Which was a good idea.

Pleased he's signed a new deal and don't have any particular problems with the way he's been playing. Which is the way the manager wants him to play.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Delighted he's signed a new deal..

Still think he needs real competition tho and hope we bring in a new keeper in the summer, whilst punting two.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CG: Delighted to get deal sorted, we’ve got a big end to the season coming up, can now focus on finishing the season well.

CG: The club never accepted any bids, it was up to me to keep playing well, I was happy to keep playing and doing my job.

CG: If the club want to sell and an offer comes in you have to consider it but it never got to that.

CG: I never got to the point where I had a decision to make.

CG: I want to play as long as I can, I’m hopeful this isn't my last contract. I want to play at the highest level for as long as possible.

CG: I hope my best years can be ahead, I’m happy, I’m enjoying my football, it’s a great place to be and a great team to be involved in.

CG: I think everybody has improved throughout the season, not just me. The manager’s really good, really precise in what he wants us to do.

CG: It's up to us as players to improve in the areas we’re being asked to.

CG: It’s a fantastic time to be at the club, not only for the players but staff and fans are enjoying being here too.

CG: We look forward to the rest of the season with high hopes.

CG: There’s still a lot for me to go for at club and international level, progress in Champions League is a difficult task but it’s the aim.

CG: Internationally, I’m 5 caps from the hall of fame, there’s a lot left for me to achieve in my career.

CG: Focused on game this weekend, it’s at home, we go into it looking to win and if we concentrate on ourselves we have a good chance.

CG: I expect another tough match from Rangers. The two I played in this season were only decided by a single goal, they’re a good team.

CG: We have to play, do the things we’re good at and we’ll have to defend as well.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I'm happy with that .

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I feel like a bottle of Mad Dog, don't know why..:39:

BruceLeeBhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Can't complain. I still stand by my belief that Costil is the better keeper and long term option, but that could have been BS from thr beginning and we may have never even been interested. Gordons proven he's a solid enough keeper for us, and has also improved in areas before where he was lacking in quality. I hope we find him some suitable competition this summer, but overall I'm happy we tied him down.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Meh, not that bothered, I think we can do better, hope we sign another keeper in the summer.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't know how I feel about the extension tbh.

As I keep saying, good keeper and a great guy. Just can't help but get the feeling he won't be here much longer though. This contract might not stop Chelsea from coming back.

If we get a good bid I'd still more than consider it.

15. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    If Chelsea (or anyone) came back with a bid of £3.5 million + this summer, I'd take that for sure. I just get the feeling that Brendan's been overjoyed with his progression and wants to keep him no matter what. I can't see him leaving in the immediate future because of that.

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Nah he's tying him up for longer so we get a decent fee Brendan wanted to keep him coz no one else is good enough right now bad idea to sell and not enough time to get replacement

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC No.1 Craig Gordon says he’s fully focused on his future with the Hoops after penning a new three-year deal, keeping him at Paradise until 2020.

There was reported interest in the 34-year-old from English Premier League side, Chelsea, during the January transfer window, but the Scottish internationalist was delighted to sign a new deal with the Hoops earlier this week.

The Scottish internationalist has been in fine form this season, with an impressive total of 22 clean sheets, and his aim now is to keep playing at the highest level for as long as possible.

Speaking today he said: “I’m delighted to get the deal sorted. We’ve got a big end to the season coming up so I can put all that behind me and fully focus on finishing the season well.

“There were a few things to talk about but not a great deal. It was always going to happen, it was just a matter of time. The club never accepted any bids. Until that happened there was no chance of anything happening.

"It was just up to me to keep playing away and to the best of my ability, and I was happy to keep playing and doing my job. I never got to the point where I had a decision to make so it was just a case of getting on with my football and I'm concentrating fully on Celtic.”

And looking to the future, Gordon is hopeful he can continue to flourish between the sticks with the Scottish champions.

He said: "I want to play as long as I possibly can, I’m very hopeful this isn’t my last contract. I want to play at the highest level for as long as possible. If that’s beyond this contract, and I’m hopeful that it will be, then we’ll see what happens.

“I hope my best years can be ahead. I’m happy and I’m enjoying my football. It’s a great place to be and a great team to be involved in. I’m hopeful I can have quite a few more years yet where I’m playing at this level.”

Brendan Rodgers is determined for Celtic to maintain their momentum and finish the season strongly, a view that Gordon shares with his manager, with his own personal aims and ambitions to fulfil.

He said: “There’s still a lot for me to go for at club and international level. Progress in Champions League is a difficult task but it’s what we aim for and, internationally, I’m five caps away from the Hall of Fame so there’s a lot left for me to achieve in my career.”

Celtic are aiming to go 35 games unbeaten domestically this season when they take on Rangers in the Scottish Premiership this weekend, and Gordon said: “We’re fully focused on this weekend. It’s at home and we want to go out, win the game and play our style of football. Hopefully, we can entertain the fans the way we’ve done all season. If we can do that and concentrate on ourselves we give ourselves a good chance to win that game.

“We fully expect a tough match. The two I’ve played in this season were only decided by a single goal, and they’re a good team. I think there’s maybe a little too much being made of us being overwhelming favourites and Rangers coming to take a beating.

"That’s certainly not the case. We have to play and do the things we’re good at. We’ll have to defend as well. They do create chances on the break and they have good players with good quality and experience.

"But we have to concentrate on ourselves and the things that we do well. If we do that, we have a great chance to continue our unbeaten domestic run.”

18. StevieBhoooy!

At least it ensures that they'll have to pay handsomely to get him !

Personally I think the very fact that the likes of Conte wants him...Is additional reason for us to keep him!

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Great news