1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost celtic tracksuit at celtic shop

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by superceltic67, Jan 3, 2023.

Discuss Cost celtic tracksuit at celtic shop in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. superceltic67

Heading over to the game on Saturday, so promised the kid I would get him a new tracksuit ( he is 9 years old, skinny & tall for his age) kids size didnt fit & had to buy him a extra small man £118 *
    Actually asked the manager in celtic shop in belfast for any friends & family discount as he is only 9 years old & £118 is ridiculous ( he looked at me like I had 2 heads ffs)
    Thankfully I work but how on earth can families afford this. Something needs to be done. It's getting ridiculous the price stuff these days.
    Rant over

leeso-ardoyne, Dalbeth3 and Artorias like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, £85 I was for a tracksuit the other week there for a 7 year old.

* joke.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It's why the fakes market has become so popular. They are essentially luxury items. have 2 full Celtic trackies and I think it was £60 per item for love unites (I got the bottoms for Christmas luckily) and Teamgeist I got 2nd hand as that was £135 full price I think.
    One thing is they do age better than a football top and they look much better.
    How big is your 9 year old? I'm surprised he couldn't get into one of the jnr sizes the 15-16 would fit some adults.

Edit : the JD sports exclusive has also meant prices stay higher for longer. Every other club has all the stuff on sale.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Prices in the Celtic Store are absolutely disgraceful.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's the fact you only really get a year wear out them if you buy them as soon as they come out as well.

Better buying retro stuff now or from China.

6. JamesM09

Sports stuff in general is out of control. The cost to the likes of Celtic to buy this gear is wild.

I won’t be getting my kids any of it.

7. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

The quality on our gear is dreadful too I got the 3rd top and it's so low quality and even the threads have bobbled after one wear. I don't know if it's just our gear as I've got a Germany top and the quality on that is decent

8. JamesM09

I think companies like Adidas, Nike etc. have different gradings for their products. Like there’s different factories and suppliers that produce to different quality. I don’t think it’s all as uniform as we might expect.

And then even within a product line there’s different quality. I’m sure I read Sports Direct, for example, always buy in the C-grade product, which makes sense. Also makes it easier for them to undercut everyone by a fiver.

9. leeso-ardoyne

Definitely outrageous prices for kids stuff nowadays. I've 4 kids and when it's time to kit them out, I'm like *. I even promised my young lad I'd buy him an Argentina top if they won the world cup. Just before the final they where 75quid for an 8yr old plus 25quid delivery. Wasn't a hope I was paying that. Told the misses to get him one from dhgste instead. Think the full kit is 25quid. With that said though, it's not just the football stuff, everything has gone ridiculously high in price now. It has to bang at some point though because it can't keep going the way it is. Something has to give.

Twisty likes this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think sports wear industry will give anytime soon. It's prospering quite well, and even a slight dip in sales won't worry them. They've jacked up the price, releasing more ranges than ever and people still buy.
    I can't believe barely any of the stuff is on sale yet, every other club has EVERYTHING on sale, yet Celtic have barely anything. I do wonder about them and JD price fixing.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.