1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MickeyyyMack, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Why is Johnson not out answering questions today? The guy really is a cowardly, lazy *.

2. celtic warrior

We get the government we deserve.

Not that any of us voted for him of course.

3. SUMMER TIME Gold Member Gold Member

They're squirming like * to keep cuntings. I assume if his extended family was in a remote part of Scotland & he went, That would still be ok with the government.

did he actually have corona or just his wife?

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Covid19 update for iPhone tracking health systems got that out quick didn’t they!

5. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    Regardless what I say Honda and I’ve noticed it for quite a while when ever I posted in regards to the U.K. govt you are first to blow your flute and criticise anything I’ve said regarding them each to there own and that

6. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    That Cummings not only broke it once he done it a second time ... *

7. honda

Purely because half the stuff you say is criticising for the sake of it and have no answers to what else could they have done to make it better. There is no point screaming at how bad stuffs been handled with no other ideas of what else could be done. Only time will tell who's got this right.

I agree PPE was a disgrace and someone needs to answer for it.

Scottish government need to explain why and how the virus is so prevalent in its care homes compared to england and the rest of Europe.

I also believe they should have had more "clean" hospitals. A hospital without corona patients to allow other things to be treated. Afterall they created the nightnegale hospital to not use it. Good news but use that capacity to keep "clean" hospitals so others dont need to suffer and get there treatment.

Another thing, dentists do * all. Corona virus so cant treat you, but a low paid nurse can go out and treat patients daily. Personally that should be looked into aswel. Proper protection and allow people with pain in. It was actually on the Scottish news so thankfully someones noticed how stupid it is. This complaint though is a personal one because my back tooth needs removed and iv been left with pain for 9 weeks now. (Its died down but I cant put my toothbrush on it)
    Agreed. Need removed, absolute joke if he stays. Same as that scottish snp atleast she stepped down though.

8. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    As I said on the previous response to you Denmark locked down without a single case being detected let alone a death.

9. honda

Right and what will happen when someone goes back in with corona virus on a visit? Is the entire country immune? Or is the entire country just becoming the new North Korea and staying isolated until it doesnt exist anymore?

10. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    Forget it mate. Regardless what I say to criticise the U.K. govt you pipe up. And your last response what was the need to bring the snp into it? I don’t care about your political views each time there own but your using them as pint scoring which is troll behaviour

11. honda

You've never answered one question. A genuine question. Is that because it * your argument?

I brought the SNP into because they have done the exact same as the torys no? Broke rules and backed them. Atleast the one from the SNP have the decency to stand down.

MickeyyyMack likes this.
  12. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    Dominic Cummings has fallen under further fire on Saturday evening after claims he made a second trip during lockdown - just days after recovering from Covid-19.

Pressure was already mounting on the Prime Minister to sack his chief aide after it was revealed he made a 260-mile trip to County Durham from his London home while displaying symptoms of the virus.

Opposition parties are calling for a full investigation into the incident, which has prompted politicians to call for Boris Johnson to 'show Cummings the door'.

Now The Mirror, who first broke the story of Cummings' trip last night, has revealed in a joint investigation with the Guardian/Observer that witnesses have come forward who claim to have spotted the aide on another lockdown journey.

They say he was spotted in Houghall Woods just two weeks after the first sighting, and five days after returning to work following his recovery from Covid-19.

Strict rules were still in place not to travel.

A second eyewitness told the two papers they also saw him a week earlier in Barnard Castle on Easter Sunday, a popular tourist location 30 miles away from Durham.

The news comes after a host of senior Cabinet ministers – including HealthSecretary Matt Hancock and Attorney General Suella Braverman – took to social media to show support for Mr Cummings.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps, speaking at the daily Downing Street briefing, said Mr Cummings had “stayed put for 14 days” while residing at a family property, having preempted his own illness once his wife showed Covid-19 symptoms.

But the trip to Barnard Castle, if correct, would call that testimony into question.

It is clear that @BorisJohnson must sack Dominic Cummings. When the PMs top advisor ignores the Governments instruction to the public not to engage in non essential travel he has to leave office. Immediately. https://t.co/4u5ptD7S9c

— Ian Blackford (@Ianblackford_MP) May 23, 2020
    Ian Blackford, leader in Westminster of the SNP, renewed his calls for the PM to axe Mr Cummings from his team following the new reports.

He said in a statement: “These fresh claims are extraordinary. If true, they raise serious questions for Dominic Cummings – and over Boris Johnson’s judgment.

“The Prime Minister must come out of hiding, sack Mr Cummings, and then answer for his own role in this mess and the Downing Street cover-up.

“Given the seriousness of these issues, the Cabinet Office inquiry should take place regardless of when Mr Cummings is removed from post. We need to know who knew what and why the public were kept in the dark for eight weeks over the rule-breaking.

“Dominic Cummings broke multiple lockdown rules, possibly on multiple occasions, and polls show the majority of the public think he should go.

“If Boris Johnson is to salvage any public confidence in his Government he must finally act and show Mr Cummings the door.”

A YouGov poll now shows that 68 per cent of people think Cummings broke the rules, 52 per cent saying he should resign.

After the news of his first trip broke today, Cummings talked to reporters outside his London home on Saturday afternoon, and said: "I behaved reasonably and legally."

When a reporter suggested to him outside his London home that the trip to Durham did not look good, he replied: “Who cares about good looks.?

“It’s a question of doing the right thing. It’s not about what you guys think.”

And in its first official statement since the news broke, Downing Street backed Cummings and said his actions were 'in line with guidelines'.

The statement read: "Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.

"His sister and nieces had volunteered to help so he went to a house near to but separate from his extended family in case their help was needed.

"His sister shopped for the family and left everything outside."

tarboltontim likes this.
  13. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
  14. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
  15. SUMMER TIME Gold Member Gold Member

It should also be pointed out to the politicians & police that there will be more people exercising their own judgement & will be breaking any future lockdowns.

As long as we use the safeguard principle & are trying to protect or help someone that just might possibly need help or can help me if I possibly need help, then everything should be fine.
    I will avoid public transport as much as possible as well, hopefully.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So we now have a scientist going on about how rapid the virus is disappearing in the general public and he doesn’t know if a vaccine will work WTAF!

MickeyyyMack and paulie walnuts like this.
  17. honda

Fine with me if it just * off :56:

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Me too mate R rate apparently 0.2 average in Spain, 0.4 in Italy and 0.2 in Germany we are still up in the 0.7 I think but considering Spain, UK and Germany was up at R4 and R5 that’s some going

19. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I found that a bit strange too. Ok, it might be bad news for his vaccine, but if the virus burns out there surely won’t be any need for a vaccine anyway.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I had to read it twice myself he then says “I wouldn’t go booking a holiday for October” what the * has that to do with it! The R rate is falling all over Europe now I have always said the weather contributes to this aswell 100% that’s South America in their wet and cold season now and it’s blew up over there! Not all down to weather obviously but it must play some sort of part