1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MickeyyyMack, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

2. Twisty 9 in a row Gold Member

That'll be that then. * idiots everywhere. May as well just end it on Monday because too many fannies have had enough and are going back to doing what they want.

If this does have a second wave, most of us will be completely * financially and it will be down to these absolute morons.

3. Bonobhoy

Yep, next door just invited 3 different sets of neighbours into their garden today for a few drinks and food,because of the weather.

Humanity,we dont desrve this planet,full of absolute *....as bill hicks says " we just a virus with shoes"

4. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Bet these are the * that have concerns about their “safety” when Nicola tells them to get back to work tomorrow.
    No fan of Boris and the Tories but you can understand why they want to cut furlough when you see scenes like this on a Wednesday afternoon.

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

It’s been like for a few weeks now.

Folk have got to the point where they don’t care now.

6. Dhan

My daughter who is going into 5th year in high school had a meeting today at her school and was told to watch out for Nicola speaking this week regarding possibility of going back to school on a few days a week starting from June ......bit strange I thought what with the term ending in June ........there must be something happening in the pipeline regarding returning to school

7. Dhan

I have a few seen sites open .....drove by a house building one today and it was back working ....Advance Construction ...in the east end Glasgow
    Hopefully Advanced will get all there sites up and running as at a guess they will have the most sites in Scotland

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  8. Doogs. Gold Member Gold Member

Advance actually haven’t long started running their own sites I think. They’re on a lot of sites for the groundwork’s etc.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Clowns everywhere but what is annoying me now is Our compliant media are now refusing to confirm that most deaths and almost 90% of new cases are coming from the care industry, hospitals and key workers and their families and minimal from the community they seem to be doing everything they can to keep people indoors, the outrage there on BBC news this morning having woman on about stay-cations in the UK rather than Europe, also outrage easyJet having internal flights there have been flights in and out of London and Manchester for the last 9 weeks but we can go on trains and ferries.

Nick Ferrari correct this morning why not come out and say listen you have done great keep it up just a wee while longer we can see progress in the community etc etc

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on, and to be fair the groundworkers are probably the easiest sector to manage this as they are normally segregated from everyone.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    2nd wave in China 108m people put back into lockdown!

13. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    this sort of affects me, as i delivery wood to sites and building suppliers.
    started back on monday doing half shifts and noticed most of the building suppliers not opened to public but just restocking, but some are serving public and some never shut down in the 1st place.
    also... asked my employer to book me in for test through the work.... they said i don't need to as i'm not showing symptons and i social distance in my truck............ ''is that * right?''
    booked test for me and missus at glasgow airport tomorow, and will be missing work until results come through... could take up to 5 days............... who's gonny deliver your wood now ? good luck trying to get agency driver.

14. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    another thing boris and his mob order 10m anti-bodies test kit ?
    there are 65m people in the uk.
    don't you think the whole population should be tested too ?
    is that not the whole reason for testing ?
    to stop the virus ?

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Sooner the better they start opening sites again.

Can’t wait to get back out again.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  16. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    don't think it will be long, seen wee single building sites in edinburgh today opened but all main sites will soon follow i'd guess.

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Aye don’t think it will be too long for the bigger sites opening.

18. MickeyyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    dying Rebel
    Tens of thousands of Covid-19 testshave been double-counted in the Government’s official tally, public health officials have admitted.

Diagnostic tests which involve taking saliva and nasal samples from the same patient are being counted as two tests, not one.

The Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England each confirmed the double-counting.

This inflates the daily reported diagnostic test numbers by over 20 per cent, with that proportion being much higher earlier on in the crisis before home test kits were added to the daily totals.

Almost 350,000 more tests have been reported in Government data than people tested since the start of the pandemic.

The discrepancy is in large part explained by the practice of counting salvia and nasal samples for the same individual twice.

Public Health England oversee the testing of patients who are seriously ill in hospital, as well as the most critical key workers.
    The test involves a swab from the mouth and nose as well as a sample of saliva. Although both of these are taken from the same patient, they are counted twice by the Government in its daily data.
    It is not the first time the Government has been caught massaging the testing data. It was accused last month of including thousands of home tests which had been posted but not completed in a bid to reach its target of 100,000 tests.

Jon Ashworth MP, Labour’s Shadow Health Secretary, said: “Ministers have already received an embarrassing slap on the wrists for their dodgy spin on testing figures. It seems they haven’t learnt their lesson. We need absolute transparency in the presentation of these figures”.

The Government announced at the beginning of May that it would be extending its target from 100,000 tests per day to 200,000 tests per day. But so far it has only hit the 100,000 target nine times in the 20 days since its introduction.

Global health experts said the Government should stop fixating on its arbitrary targets and instead focus on making testing work to drive down Covid-19 infections in the UK.

Both Public Health England and the Department for Health and Social Care did not offer further comment.

tarboltontim and seamus1967 like this.
  19. dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Where did that come from<< some fukin lying rich * who wants the plebs back to work to make more profit for him

WHEN EVERY MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS GOES BACK TO THE HOUSE OF PARLIMENT THEN ITS SAFE

MickeyyyMack and seamus1967 like this.
  20. dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony