1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MickeyyyMack, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Is it that obvious? :39::56: Mad that we all see it but yet it continues to happen

2. Bunk Moreland

It's not a game changer, there's been viruses and diseases far more deadly than this so there won't be any rule change. When this fizzles out in about 6 months time the funding for a vaccine will be cut, it won't be finished and we'll await the Chinese wet markets giving us SARS-CoV-3 in about 15 years time. Rinse and repeat because governments need to fund their militaries so they can swing their dicks at each other.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  3. Twisty 9 in a row Gold Member

There's really no way of stopping this except a full on lockdown for at least a month with all food being delivered. Even then it could be spread by the folk producing and delivering the food.

I think we're * really and this herd immunity that was being talked about, unfortunately, is the only way this will slow down.

I'm back at work today and need to pick up food. What a routine it'll be. Shoes off at door, clothes straight in machine, straight in shower, wipe all food packaging down then make sure to wash hands for 20 seconds after that .... better put my keys in some disinfectant as well.

Imagine going on like that for the next year. * this *.

4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Yeah we're hearing that is wrong. But I still find it strange that there's such huge numbers there.

5. honda

A factory up where I stay is now back open with all workers as essential workers. They are now making the zips for body bags only. Thousands. Scary stuff tbh

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  6. smokie899 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    The sun's out, the sky is blue and its looking like a beautiful day. See all these * tramps out running about for non essential stuff, fine them, fine the * out them.
    Today I will be supporting the PSNI :fear:

7. leeso-ardoyne Lord of the Chickpeas

Are you on the drink haha.

As for your post. There's just to much information, miss information out there and people don't know * to do. I know people who haven't left the house in 2 weeks to people going about life just as it was before this outbreak occurred! Some are taking it seriously and others think it's a big hoax! Even myself! Ya just don't know * to believe. From the start I was thinking it was a dooms day secnario coming, to then going out and doing a few jobs, to now back to sitting in my house thinking this * is going to get real! Basically it depends on what one is reading online.

Garrymac1888 and cidermaster like this.
  8. Twisty 9 in a row Gold Member

Nice positive post to start the day :84:

cidermaster and Boruc17 like this.
  9. honda

:56:

cidermaster likes this.
  10. Sonic Reducer Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Well I'm sure as * still working, I'm totally on my own in the middle of nowhere pointing an unlet holiday cottage ....and no * is gonna stop me.
    I'm more isolated than most,I had all the materials delivered weeks ago and barely see a sole.

cidermaster likes this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes I was :56:. However I felt the same way before drinking and I feel the same way this morning sober.

The selfishness of people will * us all.

cidermaster and Jeannie960 like this.
  12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would probably trust the virologist over me, you, or anyone else here when it comes to matters of virology mate :giggle1:

13. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Police chopper out round our way already. Been over pollok park and Queen’s Park a lot recently.

14. Big Mick Earth's Best Defender

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Unfortunately, this year's Miss Information Contest was cancelled.

seamus1967, Twisty and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  15. StevieBhoooy!

spraying the virus onto the small pockets that the higher level jets missed. :fear:

16. Twisty 9 in a row Gold Member

I got 4 easter eggs so that's that panic over at least

17. ticketyboo0

Just found out today that I have been furloughed by my work for 12 weeks. Am currently self isolating so been stuck in house for almost 2 weeks so I'm climbing the walls already so dreading the coming weeks and months!

Lots of clever folks on here so can I ask....

I seen on the news yesterday that some government fella said that the government will cover all NI and pension contributions for furloughed workers and people that have been furloughed and have annual leave whilst being on furlough can carry it over into the next two leave periods.

This is at odds to what my work is saying and after having a look online I can't seem to find this info that was on the news. Does anyone have any idea what the official stance on this is?

Cheers guys, stay safe!

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Wages of furloughed workers will be subject to tax and NI as usual mate.

Gov.uk issued guidance on Wednesday.

Dont know how to copy and paste but if you Google gov.uk job retention scheme you will get there.

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Your annual leave should carry over:

https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus/using-holiday

Under the Job Retention Scheme your employer will receive a grant for 80% of your gross basic salary upto £2,500 and that payment made to you will be suitable for the normal income tax and National Insurance contributions to be deducted. Some employers may top this up with 20% at their side but they aren't obliged to.

https://www.farrer.co.uk/news-and-insights/blogs/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-the-details/#

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  20. Sonic Reducer Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Probably the best info I've seen...
    There's a few more videos from him if he doesn't answer your question.

Garrymac1888 likes this.