1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MickeyyyMack, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus discussion - No conspiracy chat in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Have to disagree Paul.

I think whatever this is , the way it seemingly goes full steam at the "vulnerable " .... the NHS is already stretched with Vulnerable people without this covid.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with that mate and the pain and the devastation and numbers are ramping up significantly over the next fortnight but my own personal view is this has been in this country for over 2 months now and the volume of people with no or next to no symptoms will become apparent over the next 3 months.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally disagree mate, herd immunity is bonkers.
    The misconception is this is what stopped Spanish flu when the reality is it mutated to a less scary version.

4. PaulM1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It really isn’t bonkers at all, they just had to pull the premise of it because our Health Service won’t cope by just allowing the virus to run roughshod over us. As a consequence 250k people would have perished because of the lack of health provision.

If it turns out that it is pie in the sky (and it may be) then we’re in for 18 months to 2 years of lockdown/freedom until nationwide testing is standard or more importantly the source and then manufacture of a vaccine is found ideally from a variant of an existing drug or medicine.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So how many pensioners are.we going to kill then Paul?
    Let me know so I can pick the two grandparents I'm not as fond off. Wuhan didn't need 18 months, it needed complete lockdown....Spain is no longer giving respiratory equipment to over 65s. That's herd immunity....brain * dead strategy...

Nay offence to you mate and not a jibe, I just feel strongly the strategy will bring us to our knees.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Winner UEFA Champs League Last 16 prediction comp Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Says who ?

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The videos I have seen from Spain today from various doctors.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Winner UEFA Champs League Last 16 prediction comp Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well the last claim by a 'doctor' was pish but its on the internet so it must be true -

‘LIES’ – MADRID’S HEALTH AUTHORITY DENIES TAKING VENTILATORS FROM THE OVER-65S DESPITE VIRAL VIDEO OF CRYING SPANISH DOCTOR

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...despite-viral-video-of-crying-spanish-doctor/

https://maldita.es/

Spanish fact checking site Maldita.es has revealed the man in the video is not a doctor.

9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Must be true then, close the book..

As I said it's for folk to make their own minds up, bottom line and I know this for a fact we are being led by an industry and government leading lambs to slaughter and in 14-21 days body bags are going to be hard to buy.

It's simple epidemiology.

10. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Everyone knows for a fact there's going to be 1000's dead in the next couple of weeks.

Never mind your "simple epidemiology ".
    Any half sane person watching the world wide news since January , would have known this was coming our way.

But yet we have absolute * Arseholes running our Countries Uk/Ireland and they have literally done not a whole * lot to prevent this spreading.

Absolute shambles .

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed 100% fella. * them all...do what feels right.

As for the "simple epidemiology" whether you think its pish talk, or * splash talk is irrelevant....its * true.

All the daft * need to realise that.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Winner UEFA Champs League Last 16 prediction comp Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye folk did make up their own minds which was simple enough given it was bollocks. Fingers crossed people will learn from that hoax and the various other ones floating about as well.

And hopefully that 'doctor' gets what he is due soon enough the *.

13. Bunk Moreland

Develop yes. To test it to the point where it's safe and can be put into circulation takes around 18 months. If they actually carried on developing the SARS vaccine back in 2003 instead of canning it after SARS fizzled out we could have had a vaccine weeks after this started since this is basically a more contagious but less deadly strain of SARS-CoV, hence its proper name SARS-CoV-2 and would only require a slight adjustment to the existing vaccine

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I dont have evidence either way so ill not be calling him or the Spanish state * either way.

It deflects from the reality that natural selection is inevitable as a species.

15. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    100% he hasn’t got. Good way of taking himself out the firing line for a couple of weeks and just before * really hits the fan coincidence? I think not... brace yourselves

Jeannie960 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, the planet of the Apes and I am Legend have taught us many things :50:

The problem is we are thinking logically under normal rules, we need to stop that as a species!! Its total conditioning man. This virus is a game changer, we need to change the game and the rules with effective vaccinations.

17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Not a chance this was started from animal to person by mistake: this was started by means of modern warfare imo. We’ll soon see them all blaming one another... Russia, America, China, uk etc etc etc. Gone are the days of nuclear warfare. We’re all just pawns in a big game of chess we don’t see. (Had a few beers) but the general point should be there somewhere.!

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Only a fool would dismiss what you are saying.....not saying I agree. But I wouldn't dismiss matey.

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    There is 100 % a bigger picture to all of this. Gone are the days of world wars. It’s now cyber and biological wars. Wars that have no obvious conspirators.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Betfair have USA (Orange Don) and the UK (Fat Rutger Hauer) 2/5 odds on as the conspirators.

seamus1967 and Boruc17 like this.