1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This combination is very underrated and not well known, I poste here a few times, most are deficient in Magnesium and it really help balance your mood and energy.

I drink 2 bottles of Vitamin Water a day which is a combination of magnesium and vitamin c.

2. KRS-1888 South Bronx

Mad how much of a void someone can leave in your life.

robbiek and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. Pearse67*

Glad that the whole xmas - new year period is over, its a time of the year that really has a detrimental effect on my mental health.

The binge eating, drinking, the huge stress we put on ourselves regarding buying things we dont really need.

Social media plays a huge role in it now, i feel it is a huge anti climax and each year now i find myself saying im not repeating it but we do.

4. stew37

I despise this time of year, including Xmas, I dread it more and more as I get older. It's good having the time off work but I feel exhausted by it all and I'm glad it's over, still have a few days to kinda relax, and get back into the habit of eating properly and packing the drink in for a while.

Getting rid of my social media pages was the best thing I've done to be honest. I missed scrolling through Facebook at first, but after a few weeks or so, I really didn't miss it at all. Must be over a year since I've used anything like Facebook or Twitter, and never had Instagram or anything like that. Don't think the impact these things can have on people's mental health can be overstated.

5. Pearse67*

Thats the word i would use, exhausted.

I havent really done much yet im exhausted, im on facebook and have some * on my friends list who i utterly despise, mad when ya think about it.

Going to delete it today because tbh it doesnt enrich my life in any way.

buchanbhoy and stew37 like this.
  6. stew37

There's good that has come from social media I'm sure, but overall I began to find it absolutely toxic. That documentary The Social Dilemma was pretty interesting. I'd deleted my pages before watching it but after watching it, just made me sure my decision to do so was correct!

leeso-ardoyne and Pearse67* like this.
  7. Pearse67*

Is that doc on netflix, never seen it.

8. stew37

Aye think it is mate. Interviews with the original engineers of the most popular social media pages, talking about how they never use social media now, don't let their kids use it etc. There was also a part focusing on the increase in suicide among children since the increase and development of social media. Obviously a lot of it is maybe just theory and opinions, but some scary stuff!

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I watched that myself, I don't have any active social media (my mental health is bad enough without it) but if I did I would delete it after watching that. Scary stuff, just * about with people's lives

stew37 likes this.
  10. Pearse67*

Just watched it, frightening and truthful.

The age of disinformation, look at the things lately, trump, brexit, covid, what exactly is next????

One of Mans worst creations imo.

Just deleted fb also, like the kid in the programme lets see how long i last.

The entire planet is being manipulated.

stew37 likes this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Its a * time of year. I say it all the time and come across as a miserable *, but it’s true.

Massive consumption, unrelenting greed, addiction issues fed, families getting themselves in debt just to keep up appearances etc. the list could go on and on. It’s the worst side of most people, imo.

People really need to learn to step away from it all.

12. leeso-ardoyne Lord of the Chickpeas

You definitely don't sound like a miserable *. Xmass is a very depressing time for alot of people. Me, I * hate it now. It's just not the same anymore. Although, I do it enjoy seeing the kids faces, especially the youngest when they get brought into the living room for there surprises. Apart from that, it's a miserable time of year. Eat lots of * food which puts ya in a depressing state and one becomes a lazy *. I know it was for me. There was days there I was falling asleep about 4 times during the day then at night I'm wife awake. * my routine up and finding it difficult to get back into now.

Agree with you about people and loans to keep up with the Joneses! I know two that committed suicide in the last 5 days. One with a large family. I suppose life just got to tough for him which is really sad to see!