1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Look for the positives in everything, ankle duffed stuck in house, * it, sort out a James Bond Marathon for the weekend!

buchanbhoy likes this.
  2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Been referred to a psychiatrist....about time.
    Been dissociated, having auditory hallucinations etc.
    Lucky I've had some decent managers coz I've had some incidents at work too.

Anyway...hope were all starting to get that little bit better. No matter how many steps back we end up taking

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Good to hear. Hope you get on the road to recovery. :50:

greengrocer likes this.
  4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Road of learning how to live with it my man.
    That's all I can ask.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Mate I’ve been fighting it for maybe about 7/8 years now. Took me around 2/3 years to know what was going on. Every day is a fight. Mostly good atm but had a bad stretch for about 4 months there. :50:

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Totally get it man

It's learning to handle these illnesses.
    Been on my pills and it's highest dose but think due to the fact I've had no diagnosis or clear indication.
    Getting closer to that now.

But as always...got to shout out to all the folks on TC who are in this thread. Great help and support.

Chieftain likes this.
  7. Mr Cleansheets

Without wanting to * in anyone's pocket, can I just say how impressed I am with some of the bravery and community spirit I've read in the last couple of pages?

Brilliant stuff guys.

I know that most mental health advice is useless (when it comes from strangers) but if there is one thing I would urge anyone to do - irrespective of how they feel ever - is to try to get outside. Breathe. Exercise if you can. Take it one day at a time.

And Scotland's heading towards winter, so yeah...advice useless.

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy, Lustig, McGregor, Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Everything
    Im diagnosed with GAD, and have lived with anxiety & depression for many many years. Might sound crazy to some, but the best decision i've ever done was quitting pills/drugs from the doctor and starting with Kratom.

Some will think "OH NO YOU DID NOT SAY THAT!?"

But plants have been used for thousands of years, and especially this one. A true life saver for me and i will never, ever touch the pills again.

9. seanm

* me. at the match last night virtually no * wearing masks near us .thankfully there were spare seats to move too. Idiot was spluttering all over us .then same idiot is in central and on same train wearing mask and washing hands .idiot wants to protect complete strangers but wont orotect other celtic fans * awful .tanniy announcer every 20 mins please wear masks etc.a * joke.this will cause no fans in stadium soon imo .HH

MakeMineAGreen1 likes this.
  10. seanm

Wear a * mask people unless your exempt.from what i saw last night virtually all our stadium must be exempt.a * disgrace.HH

greengrocer likes this.
  11. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't see an issue. Time to move on

12. jake10

people not wearing masks is why I’ve only used my season ticket once this season, once was enough to know Parkhead isn’t safe for people like me who just spent a year shielding, that and struggling with my mental health has kept me at home watching dodgy streams

packybhoy likes this.
  13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m going to share some stuff in the coming days on this troops about how I’ve been feeling, feeling terrible at the minute, just can’t find the energy at the moment to think and piece together a post about it. Really great thread this.

buchanbhoy and FannyHaddock like this.
  14. Cumbernauld Bhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic has really been the only thing in the past 2 months to take my mind off things.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    M8. I had never gave mental health much of an interest till things happened and it hit me smack in the middle of the face. My daughter's marriage failed, then my other daughter became addicted to prescription drugs following a serious accident and then to cap it all off, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. I went on a total downer and struggled to cope. Fortunately a fellow member on this forum helped me and I'm sure you will get the same support from members on here who may know or have experienced similar issues. I also phoned my GP and he prescribed some meds however, I began swallowing them like sweeties and they weren't really helping, especially at a time when I needed to be strong for the rest of my family, especially my wife, so just be careful with what they give you if you go down that road. I also got in touch with mental health groups such as breathing space which helped. So, I know you might think it's just you and that there's the weight of the world on your shoulders at this moment but, honestly, speak to other people who have had experience of mental health issues and get the right help. Good luck M8

packybhoy and buchanbhoy like this.
  16. Cumbernauld Bhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hi mate really appreciate the reply. I love this forum man great to take your mind off things and talk about Celtic and other issues. That’s terrible mate I’m really sorry to hear all of that, how are you now mate? That’s what’s so great about this forum people helping each other. First time I’ve really been quite as low as this, I’ve struggled with mental health in the past but i just have no energy at the moment whatsoever. I’m on meds mate been on them for just over a month, I’m on fluoxetine for depression and Buspirone for anxiety, the anxiety is a * man my nails are all chewed away to * recently, I’m the exact same with this buspirone man swallowing them all the time to try take the anxiety away, luckily i can take 5 a day of these though. Did you have a bad experience with the pills? I’m not finding they’re that great so far, however I’m quite a heavy drinker and i know that can counteract it. I was thinking about reaching out to a mental health group, will give that a try mate thanks. Really appreciate the reply thanks buddy!

packybhoy, buchanbhoy and Wee Baldy like this.
  17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I was on a couple of anti depressants which initially helped me take the edge off and help me get get some sleep etc. but the effects wore off and I began to take more. I ended up feeling like * all the time with absolutely no energy. I then got some advice from Breathing Space and began breathing exercises and pushed myself to get out for a walk which helped.
    As I said, I was no use to my wife who was (and still is) going through her cancer treatment at the time so I stopped the meds to concentrate on her which gave me a focus. Just remember, you are not alone M8 and that's why you should not be afraid to ask for help. Good luck

buchanbhoy and packybhoy like this.
  18. Lion1961 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    There's a mental health walk and talk group that exists in Glasgow where anyone suffering can talk in a private whatsapp group chat. They also meet once a week in different locations all over Glasgow for a walk and talk. Male and female, young and old attend and many find it a great help.

If that sort of thing appeals to you PM me a contact number and I'll get one of the organisers to get in touch and explain things more.

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s exactly how I’m feeling mate no energy at all mate, when i wake up it’s an actual battle to get out of bed, I’m going to look up breathing space and give them a shout mate, sorry to hear about your wife mate, hope to * everything ends up fine. I know i keep saying this but i really appreciate your replies.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  20. Cumbernauld Bhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Thank you mate, I’ll give you a message.