1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne Lord of the Chickpeas

I dont know about that. Anytime i go on a good run of eating excellent food, all orgonic and the best of supplements my pocket takes an awful hit. all jokes aside though, the better ones diet with lots of exercise is like night and day for me. Anytime im eating * and not doing anything i end up in a bad way. Im a nasty grumpy aul * even thou i have everything a man can ask for, but throw in a terrible diet with not exercising i can and do go into some dark places. this is why i try my best to eat the best i can because i hate going back to that way of thinking. There has bene times in my life ive been up half the night thinking about the crazyest of things trying to sleep and the tension all over my body was as tense as ive ever felt. Like ready to go to war yet there i am trying to go asleep. Change the diet to a more plant based with as much organically grown as possible, like i mentioned above its like night and day. This is why i always tell people to stay away from the meds the doctors prescribe and the main thing that will change there stress levels is diet. But as ive previously said on here, its easier said than done.

Fully87 and Mince.Charming like this.
  2. DonnyCelt

Don't know where to write this. Looks like me and the missus are splitting up. She's pregnant with my second child as well. Oh and its a Birthday for me tmoz too. Think I may stay off here for a while. Celtic have shattered on me and now this

seamus1967 and packybhoy like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its a stressful time post christmas doesnt help with lockdown and * news after * news maybe just take a few days to chill mate and her hormones will be everywhere, ye know what birds are like during pregnancy ragin at ye one minute all over ye the next begging fur it

DonnyCelt likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

I know this feeling all to well.

Whatever the issue is, if you think it is worth fighting for and doing all you can, try and work with her, if there is something bothering her you don't know about, let her know if there is something bothering you. Be there, be present.

If the worst happens do everything you can not to fall into the dark hole I did where you spiral, thinking "ah if only I did this/that/whatever" know you did all you could to be with her as partner in the end, grieve, where you need to, but do not at any point lose sight of how much you love you kids and let them know they will be safe.

DonnyCelt and Sean Daleer like this.
  5. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Lynch lol
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    It's a fair place to sound off though. If you can.

Sometimes the world can be a right c#nt. Sometimes the world needs to be told it.

Rage, as that good fire burns in the night.

DonnyCelt and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Sean Daleer The Great Dictator

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Maestro
    Hope you are ok mate. I went through a break up 3 years ago. 23 years together and 3 kids and it came out of the blue.

I hope you can work it out but I will say that life can go on and you can still be a Dad no matter what happens.

Feel free to drop me a message if you want to chat. I’m not great at the old advice but I’ll try my best.

I wouldn’t change our time together because we wouldn’t have our kids but truth be told me and my ex should have lasted 5 years tops. Weird thing was when it ended I thought we were as close as we had ever been during the whole 23 years.

Life really can sneak up on you and volley you in the nuts when you least expect it. Be well Donny.

charlietully and celtic warrior like this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Thanks mate. I'm sure I'll be ok. Life will go on no matter which way it pans out. I met my partner when we were both at school and I didn't think back then it'd last more than 5 minutes haha.

8. ddub11

Tough times,try not to wallow(stay active look after yourself)believe me there,s light at the end of the tunnel.I actually find this place an escape from reality(some crazy people on here) for a few minutes everyday.Its a good place to come on and have a chat,in all honesty amongst the madmen theres some really decent people.

charlietully likes this.
  9. DonnyCelt

Could agree more mate. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Means a lot and it really has helped.

ddub11 likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne Lord of the Chickpeas

Haha I know the craic. I was to meet this bird one wknd in a nightclub in ardoyne after being with her the wknd before and was a cert to get tanking her that night after being with her the wknd before. She wasn't to be seen in the club that night then I spotted this other bird I had my eye on for awhile and went for her instead. Turns out when I was with this bird most of the night, the other one weighed in ffs and she was gutted when she seen me with the new one. I didn't get the bag slapped that night but over 20 years still going with the one I had my eye on for awhile. It's crossed my mind a few times what life would've been like if that other bird hadn't off been late that night.

As for your own situation, life throws us all sorts of situations. It's how we deal with them what makes us! Woman are strange aul beings (so are men before the T/C police starts jumping all over me haha) you just need to know how to work the situations to have a level playing field with them so you aren't the one who's running about like an eejit in a relationship. I've know of situations where if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile and have you bending over backwards for them.

A few examples is of people I know very well who have and are going through break ups in long-term relationships. One was getting played like a fiddle doing everything she asked off incase she stopped him having access to the kids. He lives in a damp dirty flat eating pot noodles for his diner while he's still paying for the mortgage for his family home while his ex wife has a nice life. Judges can't be *!

Another mate give the I don't give a * attitude, I'll see the kids when they are old enough when his ex tried the legal/court route stopping access to his kids and now has her eating out of the palm of his hands and gets the kids whenever he wants too.

And with both them said, I've a good mate going through a breakup right now and his head is * not knowing what to do. When the solicitors letters come through the door it throws him all over the place! I've seen them and they are * ridiculous with content saying no inappropriate language to be spoken in front of the child. We come from the concrete jungle and if his ma is trying to stop inappropriate language getting spoken in front of her child, * help that child when it grows up. The inappropriate language is just a tool to hit the father with as is the content of the letter about being late for picking the kids up or returning him late! Like I said, woman are strange beings, even my own can be a nutjob at times!

The advice I've give him is what I'm going to give you. Life and relationships are like a chess game, you just need to know what moves to make and the best time to make them and remember never to let them get to far in front or you could be that person in that damp dirty flat eating pot Noddles for diner if your not careful.

With all that said, I don't know yous but maybe she'll settle for half bottle buckie with a wee toot of white and a good * and yous will be back to normal after a wee blow out to relieve all that stress. Sometimes that's all what it takes :giggle2: All we can say is good luck with whatever you choose because life is * at the best of times, and with all what's going on in the world at the moment, any extra stresses could be enough to break any Man. Stay strong and come May, we'll all be dancing in the streets when we do 10IAR and all our stresses will have been forgotten haha.

11. DonnyCelt

Thanks mate. The last few days haven't been the best but I actually woke up in a better place this morning. Still discussions to be had with the missus and we'll see what happens.

packybhoy and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  12. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Take care mate. As has been said, come on here any time for a wee chat. Decent bunch who will take your mind off things, even the head bangers!!

13. DonnyCelt

Cheers pal. There are plenty of people on here who although I've never met, are true friends.

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  15. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  18. Moore Moorsum1888 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE & Grace
    These past few days have been hard like, really hope some kind if exit plan is announced by the gov next week. Really starting to take its toll on me! All good speaking to a doctor or taking meds but they can only help so far, we need a social life. Working from home aswell, 0 motivation to do anything at the moment.

19. DonnyCelt

Stay strong my friend, just look at when we went into this last year, we had no plan and no vaccine. There is light appearing at the end of the tunnel. We have come so far. Not to long to go until we can start getting back to normality again.

Remember if you ever need to chat there are plenty on here who will listen, this place has been a * send to me through some tough times this past 12 months.

Moore, charlietully and buchanbhoy like this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Don’t know if it helps any mate but I suffered from anxiety a good few years back, a would get anxious about something, mind would just be full of negative depressing thoughts, would go for a bevy to get rid of them then feel even worse the next day

Ended up getting cognitive therapy, a thought it would be a lot of * and that a was just an anxious person but honestly mate totally changed my life, just basically training the mind to not get worried about a thought as bad as it seems it’s only thought, don’t feed the thought, it’s the old saying “ if you feed a cat at the back door it will keep coming back

took me a wee while but honestly that was 20 years ago I’ve never looked back, was a total life changer, would recommend to anyone that suffers from anxiety