1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Walking,getting out,feeling Dawn or dusk,any time of day depending on how you feel.Some sort of atmosphere is Priceless Does not have to be Sensational Countryside.
    Having a canine or indeed Feline,indeed Fish or other life forms can really heal you.
    Trust me I know how .hit our Souls can feel,but getting out and about on your own terms can really help beyond big time.
    Real friends,family or neighbours can make a huge difference.
    And on here:49:

MacEwan23, ChrisMoh and Garrymac1888 like this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I * love you!

cidermaster likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

A brutally honest post and well done mate for taking your mind back and looking after you. I know how difficult it can be and can identify so much of what you said as being the same things I experienced in the last couple of years. It is such a lengthy process that at times feels like there is no light. You question everything, absolutely minuscule details and magnify and create problems for ourselves. The suicidal stage is the part where your telling yourself that it would end the agony and helpless feeling and it would take a burden off the people who surround you. It does turn and you will become a much stronger person for this experience but it isn’t easy. Fight like * every minute of every day. Learn yourself patience and clear your head of all madness. Look at today as the first day in the rest of your life. Whatever has happened is in the past and nobody can change that or make things different and there doesn’t have to be a definitive answer for every action or situation in life. Keep the head people.

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!

I love you cool Bhoy!!:ynwacelti:60:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. jake10

i really struggled the first 5 weeks of lockdown, my dr phones about twice a week to ensure I’m staying safe as she says I won’t survive COVID-19 due to my health problems, I realised as you(though for different vaccine reasons) that this is long term with little hope of a vaccine. What really helped was FaceTime with family and partner who i hadn’t seen/held for over a month, just seeing/hearing them in familiar settings really helped, if you have this option try it, please. I don’t have the option of going for a walk but know this can help too. I’m not often on here but private message me and I’ll get back to you if that will help, feel for you man, and people around care as well

6. Markybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin in the Gloamin
    Thanks Jake. That is nice of you. :)

Your situation sounds worse in some ways to mine so I hope you are keeping safe and well and not going too stir crazy. I am still worried about the whole vaccine scenario but on the the other hand there are very few cases where I live and I have been furloughed from work. So in the short term at least I am out of harm's way(touch wood) and I can go out for walks or to the beach etc. Even just doing that can make the day a bit better. I'm guessing you can't even do that yet, so I really feel for you. Can you not see your partner now things have been relaxed slightly? A cuddle makes a big difference if you have someone to give you one.

Anyway, keep fighting mate. And if you ever want to blow off some steam, I am a good listener. Take care.

seamus1967 likes this.
  7. jake10

ta man, literally not hugged my son since COVID-19 started and he had his 21st birthday during it, FaceTime with him helped

seamus1967 likes this.
  8. Bonobhoy

Struggling a lot recently.

My Mum passed away recently unexpected and sudden at under 60 years old,first few weeks of grief was the usual shock,sadness etc,but this week its been anger and hatred and im struggling to control it now. Just yesterday i had to refrain myself from knocking the * outta someone as he started nudging me with a shoping trolly as i was trying to wait in line and stay 2 metres away from the person in front of me,he then he walked passed and deliberatly started coughing all over the place,overwhemling feeling of honestly knocking him out of this world.

I kinda understand even more that show i watched with Ricky Gervais recently,not being intentionally rude to anyone but having a proper go at people that are towards me or others.

I honestly hope this passes because im struggling to deal with this let alone the worlds issues at the moment,the hatred for some people i have with their ignorance in this is on another scale. Watching all those scumbags on that beach last week and seeing these chavs and neds partying in the street just saddens the * out of me now,the planet doesnt deserve the human race at all.

Trying to think of the good things and it works sometimes, especially with my parents and the times we had,also keeping busy with my own children so attempting to stay focused on daily routines.