1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Contract Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dubsbhoy, Jan 3, 2005.

Discuss Contract Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

With so many players due to sign on the dotted line i thought i'd start a thread for the contract saga.

IMO jackie hardly plays like a 31 year old if someone told me he was 28 i'd believe them. No way can we let this one go give the man a contract.

2. lard44

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Crossmaglen
    Absolutely - sign Jackie up now. A fantastic player at the mo, and if somebody younger should come in Jackie remains a model professional and a superb utility player.

Now, an oldie but goodie...

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

plane and simple we need defenders coming in not leaving. Bobo came on leaps and bounds under MON in his first season he was like a chain saw the way he cut down players, he's not having his best season to date but we still can't afford to loose him.

4. BB Banned!

If Bobo goes and we get the usual transfer window jargon we will be in big trouble...

dont see howthey are gonna replace someone like Bobo...unless its with someone whois past their sell by date looking for the usual last payday..

5. Dubsbhoy Banned!

not really a new contract issue but if one player has to leave CP in January it might aswell be juninho at least the rest are in the side. Dunno what he wants to talk to MON for he's already said he needs to fight for his place.

6. BB Banned!

I think he should be let go....maybe get some money for him and also to get him off the wage bill...dont know what he's earning but its probably quite a lot..

Hopefully MON will have learned that if someone cant get a game at a team like Middlesbrough the they are not good enough for the hoops!

7. Stephen

juninho's weekly wage is somewhere round the 40k mark BB

8. BB Banned!

* *...almost as good value for money as Lambert's last contract...

Why did Lambert get one anyway??....he will be off at the end of this one and will have earned a fortune while doing his coaching badges yet they are delaying in signing up the players who actually play!

9. CiaranM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    I was under the impression that Lambert was going to take a role at Celtic which I would like to see with Europoean expeirence and the Tommy Burns could be going full time with Scotland.

Anyways, I would hate to lose Bobo, BBJ or any of our main players at the minute.
    Any news of any Bosmans on the horizon??

10. lard44

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Crossmaglen
    Aye, Henchoz to the Huns. About it.

I reckon Bobo's off on a Bosman. 'Considering a new contract' translates to 'waiting to see if an EPL club offer me a better deal'. And it's guaranteed one of them will.

11. BB Banned!

Think that just about sums it up...we should have got him signed on again this time last year...leaving it to the last minute when they can talk to ther clubs leaves us a bit out of it!!

12. CiaranM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    aye, if other clubs want him, they would have had to pay a fee for him
    .... we have a nice balance sheet though ....... what a load of bollox.

in fairness to Mordor, they did a nice bt of business over Boumsong. don't think
    our board would have that foresight myself

13. bobo was playin crap, but has been playin well recently and i think he should sign on the ................ now!

14. Mark1888

How come Rangers can get good business by making 8million from Boumsong when we waste 1.5m on a fairy who is "too good for Celtic" and waste a * load of cash on a Brazillian smurf who never starts a match!? If you ask me it's back to the days when Rangers were dominant(well next season will be)

15. i hate the board and my dad's considering giving up his season ticket coz of them!

16. lard44

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Crossmaglen
    You could be onto something Mark - the scouting setup at celtic must be absolute * if all we can come up with is a reserve team player and a Division 1 striker with 8 goals. Both from inside Britain. Fecks me off.

17. yeh, i think we should be lookin further and i think the scouts must be lazy not to! lol

18. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Will lenny sign up for another year of abuse.............. i think so.

19. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Always thought that mate, where exactly does our scouts go to are they sitting on their arses doing * all? probably because it always seems the huns are buying players with their huge debts and we're just going back all the time

20. all there players are on frees and are past it!
    players like tore andre flo, and nacho novo etc.., etc.. look like good players, but rangers seem to ruin them!