1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarifying Forum Decriptions

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by HH, Feb 9, 2005.

Discuss Clarifying Forum Decriptions in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HH

I think to save anymore hassles we need to clarify exactly what the Celtic Forum is for. I really dont mind what people write, as BathBhoy can testify, but I dont want to go into the celtic forum and read poems or polls on bigotry or anything else other than footballing or merchandising or supporter issues (not their personal ones about rashes, razors or republicans) but season tickets, associations etc

I think the problem is the wording of the celtic forum.....

""This is the forum to talk about our beloved team, Celtic. Talk about anything Celtic related in here!!""

This gives license to anything I'm afraid to say and it clogs things up.

As I say, and anyone who knows me will agree I am a bastion of free speech, the forum is getting messy. It might be a better wording could prevent ambiguity...like

""This is the forum to talk about our beloved team, Celtic. Talk about any Celtic related football, business, fans issues or merchandising.""

I am sure this could be improved but you get the jist. Saves any fall outs.

I am including a poll on this for feedback. Just two options. Either 'generally agree or disagree'. Finally, as I said, the forum is great for diversirty as well as footballing matters, and if someone wants to talk politics, freedom or farting then let them do so within reason, but i suggest that they should be in the pub forum.

2. BB Banned!

Agree with that one mate!!

3. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    yup agree with ya bud

4. SCVaughan

seemed obvious to me from the names.

5. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    totally agree mate -

6. freedom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shaun/Magic/Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the Ppl Sing/ This Land is You're Land
    I agree , if i step out of line , kick me in the balls and tell me to wheesht .

7. Mark

Sure I agree with that. But let's try and not get involved in the politics of what we should and shouldn't do on thsi forum. If something isn't appropriate a mod/admin will identify it and sort it. Thankfully we're doing OK for now regards to stuff thats not appropriate on the site.

8. Stephen

i see where your coming from but most people have an idea about what to post, and by changing the wording imo it won't really stop people from posting something in the wrong place.

9. HH

I'm not sure I follow.

I wasnt identifying a 'content' issue, just a 'geographical' one. Suits me just fine either way. I thought the 'requests and feeback' threads were the place to bring up these points.

10. HH

Might be the case, that a wording change wont stop people posting in the wrong place. But it might as well.

From my point of view, I just want to come onto the site and know where to look for stuff without * around. If the mods feel happy to redirect posts its no skin of my nose.