1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He can do what he wants :56:

StPauli1916 and Slaw like this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

For the love.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* * mind bebo? Might log in if it's still there.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Neil Lennon insists Christopher Jullien is "fine" despite saying the defender had a 'blackout' late on against Hamilton Accies.

The Hoops secured their fifth Premiership win in a row with an early James Forrest strike in the first half, but it was scenes towards the end that would have worried the Celtic boss.

The big French defender, who was a £7million summer signing from Toulouse, went in for a header challenging Accies forward Marios Ogkmpoe as they entered the final 10 minutes of the game.

Little damage looked to have been done at the time, with the two clashing heads as they went for the ball.

But the Hoops centre-back went down to the ground, and was quickly seen by the Celtic medical team.

After several minutes of play being stopped while they treated the midfielder, he was allowed to play on for the remainder of the game.

And speaking after the match, Lennon revealed the defender blacked out briefly, but was deemed OK to continue, as well as confirming Lennon Ajer had got through the game unscathed.

When asked about the two defenders, Lennon said: "They’re fine. Chris Jullien had a wee minute - a second or so - of a blackout, but he was able to finish the game out.

He was outstanding again today, defensively we looked solid."

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's Schrodingers Blackout!

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Big Jessie. I've had worse bumps on the heid at snooker ffs.

Pull yer big girls pants up and get on with it.

Jeannie960 and bagforlife like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Christopher Jullien has set his sights on the Europa League and declared Celtic’s desire for success means they’re in it to win it.

Neil Lennon’s £7m summer signing from Toulouse is adamant the winning mentality embedded in the Parkhead squad means there is real belief that the club can go deep into competition when it gets underway on Thursday.

The Frenchman heads back to his homeland for Celtics curtain-raiser against Rennes and he believes it can be the first step on a long journey.

And, although the centre-back is making no brash statements about actually going all the way and winning the silverware, he admits that the mentality within the squad means Neil Lennon’s men will set out at the beginning with that very thought in their minds

Asked if Celtic can go far in the tournament, Jullien said: “Yes, I believe we can, absolutely.

“Since I arrived here I have seen that all the players constantly have trophies on their minds. They want to win at everything, even in training. I think this is important for our team.

“That gives us hope and we will see what happens. We will take it all game by game and see what it is, but if you were to go into the locker room right now and ask each of them what their goal was they would tell you it is to bring that trophy home. And I’m just following them!

“I think the same way as them. Everything I do is geared to winning and I hope we can go on and do something really special in this competition.

“We don’t know what will happen. It’s game by game and we’ll see. In our heads we think of trophies. This is the way we should think.”

Celtic face a tough opener against Rennes, who sit second in the Ligue One table

Lazio and Cluj are also in the Hoops' group and Jullien added: “We have to be ready for that game because it will give the tone for our European way.

When you see the draw, every group has good teams, so it’s going to be tough and a really big challenge for us.

“I don’t know so much about Lazio. I know Serie A is tough and defensively they will be tough. They are really good there and it’s a strength. We will see. We have three teams and each one has their own strengths.”

paulie67 and Tommy25 like this.
  11. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Easy to like what he says.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye no hard just press the wee button

Pablo87, paulie67, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on injuries: “
    @Chri6ViF
    is fine for the game.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Speaking in an interview with France Football, Celtic’s latest French signing, central defender Christopher Jullien, discussed the move and his first impressions ahead of tonight’s clash in the Europa League with Rennes.

On having Ligue 1 interest:

There were some clubs who were interested, but I think that Toulouse made it clear that the price they wanted was too high for some Ligue 1 clubs… I did my time at Toulouse.

On choosing Celtic:

It was a logical choice. And a good choice for the moment. After Toulouse, it is an additional step, with the aim of growing, notably through participating in European competition. They had me visit the facilities and the club. That made the difference. It is a big institution in football, which is not only admired by the English clubs. The desire is to perform here. There are always people in the stands, which is normal for a big club I want to settle well and be effective. Yes, the Premier League has always been an aim of mine, a dream, that’s for sure. But today, I took a path that will enable me to grow no matter what. We never know what the future holds.

On the aura at Celtic:

There is a lot of things to say… It is immense. Everything that the club does for Scotland, for their supporters. The impact that Celtic has is incredible. Everyday I am surprised by certain things, the stadium, the fans… To live through that is already super cool. In France, we are not aware of that. So when you are living it, it becomes huge. I knew that I wanted to go a step up, but I did not expect it to be like this. I am learning everyday about the extent to which the club has a reputation and a history of titles that make a difference. In the streets, I cannot walk (without someone coming up to him)! That, when you are in France, is not even a thing.

On Celtic Park:

It is truly incredible. The atmosphere, it is really something. My first “You’ll never walk alone,” was I think in the first round of qualifying for the Champions’ League. I was on the bench. When you play, you don’t hear it as much. But when you are on the bench, you edge out a bit and you hear it. It is cool to experience. The atmosphere is incredible. When I bring my friends, they tell me that it is like night and day in comparison with Toulouse. Toulouse, they have a good stadium, with good fans, but it is not a stadium with this impact. It is different. When you come from Toulouse to hear, it is a bit of a strange feeling.

On his first Old Firm:

Now that… Honestly. I don’t know how to describe it. It is incredible to live through! The atmosphere… in the dressing room, you feel the tension. You walk onto the pitch with legs trembling. With anticipation to play the match. You can see it in the supporters. The week before, we had a European cup match, but I would see the supporters in town who would basically say: “Screw Europe, we want the weekend match!” On top of that, we played very well, we put in a complete shift. It was truly fantastic. At the end, as well, I was made man of the match. We got to stay on the pitch for another hour afterwards to celebrate with the fans. In the dressing room too, it was great. The squad is cool. With the French guys, we succeed in mixing well. I have struck it off really well with a lot of people.

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    It’s kind of like trash talk yep as expected from more or less.......

17. TheHappyLoss

VVD with better hair

scotsbhoy1 likes this.
  18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Collosal.

Tommy25 and PaulM1888 like this.
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Absolutely immense performance..

Won everything in the air.

Tommy25 likes this.