1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League: AC Milan vs CELTIC, 18th September 19:45 kick off, live on SS2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Sep 10, 2013.

Discuss Champions League: AC Milan vs CELTIC, 18th September 19:45 kick off, live on SS2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ac Milan fan

Exactly. And that's my fear. I hope that we play serious and not understimate us. At Paradise, we Will have to be very concentrated, like Juventus. We are used of games Where we play without any motivation, and that could be dangerous.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No chance, was a bit of arrogance, a brilliant change by Benitez and Steven Gerrard. For 15 minutes and that was all, 15 minutes out of that full game they played well but what a * 15 minutes it was.

The first 45 minutes from Milan was just beautiful. To this day the pass for Crespo's goal is one of my favourite ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUksQSAicrc"]Milan 3-0 Liverpool. Crespo scored second goal.avi - YouTube[/ame]

That's not fishy, that's genius.

3. Ac Milan fan

One of your mate call us weak team, i react too harsh, sorry. I respect your team , don't worry. A real club, with great supporters , who have a real soul, unlike City or Chelski.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's better :smiley-laughing002:

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough pal. There's no doubt you will be favourites next week, but you would be foolish to think you'll have an easy ride :50:

6. Ac Milan fan

My dream scenario for this group would be Milan first, Celtic second. Unlikely but we never know.

7. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

Sweet.

8. ACM_25

Nah, would never even cross my mind to disrespect your club, I mean this is not a Juve or Inter forum, and I wouldn't even go do that on theirs.

I have nothing but respect for Celtic as a club. I actually quite admire what you guys accomplish in Europe nearly on a regular basis considering the league you're in.

Kaka :86:

And yeah, arrogance is what killed us on that night

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe you're right, you usually are. I just plain can't believe that result. I'd be suspicious if it were Superclean FC, let alone Milan with Berlusconi's Mafia links and their previous. The only thing that would convince me would be if someone in tne industry or with industry contacts categorically told me that there was definitely no serious money put on Liverpool to haul that back at half time anywhere in the world.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Gattuso was a passionate hardworking footballer and I respect where he got in the game and what he won but on terms of ability he wasn't in the league of the others on the field. I think players like Gattuso come along often, players like Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf, Shevchenko and Crespo? Those players are once in a lifetime.

Was a big fan of that Milan team, not so much these days but I still know you have a strong side. Crucially, the best players in the team now are just all young boys, whereas Milan has always been about experience (at least this Millennium); our best chance is for the players to underestimate us. Milan have a habit of underestimating teams from what I've saw in the last year or so.

If that happens and we frustrate Balotelli, so that he goes in one of the moods where he's a useless footballer (it's all in his attitude!) then we have a chance.

I'm not holding out much hope though, it's remarkable what an away win at Spartak Moscow last season can do to the positivity on the forum before this game, before that you would see us believe we have no hope away in Europe. We so nearly done it at the Nou Camp last season, we were 20 seconds away. Hopefully we can go one step better at the San Siro.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  11. Ac Milan fan

I don't it Will be Easy. I think we Will win, but not 6-0, for instance. I just hope that the players remember to play concentrated and not think that is going an Easy ride. In the past, some of your players, like Seedorf or Pirlo , tends to be too passive in these kind of games .

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    As far as individuals go I couldn't say whether I agree or not. The only players in the current Milan side that I'm really familiar with are the typical big names. However I very much doubt you're very familiar with our team either. Don't rule them out just because they don't have reputable names.

Our team is not just a sum of the individual players. We're a better side than that. You've probably guessed already from your time here that we respect Milan, but don't fear them in the slightest. We're happy to be here and win, lose or draw I'm confident this team will do us proud.

13. Ac Milan fan

No doubt about it , they Will not disappoint us, Celtic is a team that seems be possesed in these kind of games, especially at home, Where it Will be the * for us:icon_mrgreen:.

14. SpellCheck92

No Celtic player would get into the Milan side. Man for man they are stronger. There is nothing wrong with fearing opposition players. It is normal. There is no shame in fearing players like Kaka, Balotelli and El Sharawwy. They are all top class international players.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:

16. ACM_25

Berlusconi betting on his team losing? No way. He absolutely LIVES for the glory, the attention, the press, the praise of having a winning team. He basically built his entire political career on Milan's success. Just look at the polls in Italy as a great example, when we buy a big player they favour him when we sell someone they plummet.

Yeah when you put Gattuso in that that line-up he's obviously the odd man out, but there was always something special about him that elevated him in the same category as the others. The passion, the grinta, everything he did at Milan was full out 100% effort at all times. A great winner, him and Pirlo were known as the odd couple because you cannot get any more opposite sides of the spectrum than that but they complemented each other greatly.

Well no we don't have the experience we had a few years ago, we have players who have had big game experience especially with Italy. It's obviously not the old heads of before but that team simply had to see the end of that cycle. Everyone was basically completely finished by the time they left the side.

Like I said, I think it's 50/50, if you guys get your tactics right you will hurt us, but if we get ours right I expect us to win. It's all about our approach. That being said we can have an inch perfect game, if you get enough set-pieces, I have no doubt in my mind that you will score

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    More like impossible :smiley-laughing002:

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not saying they would, I'm just suggesting that when we do play, the apparent stars of Milan and the relative unknowns of Celtic won't be that far apart at all.

As far as fear goes, I'm referring to the whole team. I don't look at this Milan side with any fear. Maybe it's misguided, or maybe our constant ties against Barcelona over the years have blurred any sense of fear, but I'm genuinely not worried.....at least yet :smiley-laughing002:

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I thought he built his political career on doing what his bosses in the mafia told him to do. I do agree on his project at Milan; but when those kinds of people tell you to lose, you lose, no matter how much you love the club.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, I admired that about him. A Milan Legend, an Italian Legend but not a footballing one, if you get what I mean?

Agree with the rest, I don't think it's as much as 50/50, we have an outside shot of getting something but set pieces is where we are strong, so here's hoping.