1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Women’s Team

Discussion in 'Celtic F.C. Women' started by ddub11, Mar 27, 2019.

Discuss Celtic Women’s Team in the Celtic F.C. Women area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Massive loss. Looking like it could be a very tough season.

2. Keano88

Fs. She was lethal last season.

Are Reading a good side down there?

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Not surprised someone would take a punt on her. WSL will pay lots more than Celtic too. I think Celtic will come third mainly because it is harder to finish below that than above it.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Lower mid table.

5. Keano88

Ack well.

Probably sees it as a chance to push for a spot in the national side.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I really don't blame her. There are only a few countries that take women's football even close to serious, and Scotland isn't one of them. At Reading bigger clubs will take notice.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic FC Women are delighted to welcome Irish International defender Claire O’Riordan to the club ahead of this weekend’s trip to Partick Thistle.

The centre-half becomes Fran Alonso’s sixth summer signing after Celtic won the race for the highly-sought after 27-year-old’s signature, joining the club from German side Duisburg.

And the experienced Limerick native said she was excited to see how she can fit into Celtic’s system and Alonso’s brand of football.

“It feels really exciting," She said. "I’m really excited for the challenge ahead and it's been a really nice experience so far meeting the team, the coaching staff, and everyone has been so friendly and so welcoming so far.

“I had a really good conversation with Fran and I really liked his philosophy of playing and that’s something I want to improve in my game.

"It seemed like a good fit for both of us and I’m really looking forward to hopefully bringing my experience here.

Racking up trophies in her time with Wexford Youths in the Women’s National League in Ireland and most recently gaining promotion to the Bundesliga with Duisburg, Celtic’s double cup-winning season last term was bound to attract the defender.

And while she is keen to learn and develop in Glasgow, she also can bring that winning experience, alongside her qualities from her time representing her county Limerick in Gaelic football and camogie.

She said: “Being a player, winning trophies and titles are always a goal that you’re aiming to achieve and the club being so successful last season was a great stepping stone for them.

'They want to be progressive and I want to buy into that and be part of it - hopefully going forward we can do that.'

“With my characteristics from playing GAA, I feel I have that physical attribute to my game.

"Duels are a big thing and being strong in the air is what I can bring to this team and hopefully I will be able to share my experiences and the knowledge I have gained in the last few seasons, especially being in Germany.

"But I want to get information from the team as well and with Fran’s philosophy.”

And now the ambitious Irishwoman is keen to get going in the SWPL season as she looks to deliver more silverware this season.

She added: “Before any season I always set some personal goals and hopefully they match the team goals as well.

"In the back of my mind, I have them and continue to work on them in training and games, but I’m really happy to be a little closer to home and hope to have more support from my family and friends.

“I want to get stuck in. I’ve really enjoyed training so far and I’m already looking forward to the season."

tarboltontim likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic FC Women have welcomed Mexican international and former Barcelona goalkeeper Pamela Tajoner to the club.

The experienced stopper, who boasts an impressive CV of numerous La Liga sides including Barcelona where she reached the Champions League final, Malaga, Sevilla and most recently Villareal.

Having already made her first appearance for the Celts as she was thrust into the starting eleven against Partick Thistle, replacing Rachael Johnstone on the teamsheet during the warmup, the 37-year-old has settled into life in Glasgow with ease

“It feels great, I’ve only been here a few days but I’m loving it,” she said.

Everything moved really quickly and we weren’t expecting my Visa paperwork to come through as quickly, but I was ready and I wanted to be with the team.

“I had my first training session on Saturday and then the situation on Sunday meant the team needed me so I’m ready for anything.”

Her lofty experience brings with it a calmness that allowed the keeper to slot in at short notice with little stress, and that knowledge of the professional game is something she is keen to pass on in her time in Scotland, as well as continuing to grow herself in an exciting new environment.

“Anything I can do to help with my experience I will, but also working hard at every training session and during the games to try and give the team a good attitude and know we’re here to work, have fun, but make the team better,” she explained.

'I was looking at the options that were there for me to keep playing as a goalkeeper and this came up as a great opportunity for me stay in a top league in Europe.'

“It’s getting better each year and now there are more teams in it. I hope we can help keep improving the league so I’m happy to be here and help the team.

“It’s good that last season was so successful but we can’t settle and we need to look forward to achieve more and win the league and make it to the Champions League is a main goal.”

And having spent over a decade in Spain, she was no stranger to the club having witnessed the men’s side on Europe’s biggest stages, with the Mexican pointing to the club’s passionate fans as another reason to make the switch.

She said: “I’ve watched Celtic play in European tournaments and of course known Celtic for many years and I’ve always had the impression it’s a very passionate club from what you see in the games and with the fans.

“So when I first heard of the opportunity I thought they have accomplishments in Europe and really passionate fans, so it just felt like it would be a good place to be.”

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member