1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Valencia

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Goggzy60, Dec 17, 2018.

Discuss Celtic vs Valencia in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FenianMelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Benkovic, Petrov and Viduka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    For £369.... Wee bit much is it no?

I am looking at Edinburgh to Barcelona flights via Stansted for £108 return. Leaving Tuesday, coming back Friday. Train to Valencia is £40 return, Accommodation for 2 is £55 each. Leaving just over £150 for a carry out and a ticket. First Euro away trip so Xmas has come early!

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. dmccourt95

Bus is about 20 quid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

HAVING secured their place in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 following a tough group-stage campaign, Celtic now prepare to face Spanish side Valencia in February next year.

Supporters can plan ahead for the game, with matchday hospitality options available to book now for the vital first leg fixture at Celtic Park on Thursday, February 14, 2019 (KO: 8pm).

Choose from the fantastic Kerrydale Experience or our Number 7 Restaurant with views overlooking the Paradise pitch.

The Kerrydale Experience (priced £110 pp):
    Enjoy lounge access both before and after the match and at half-time complimentary tea, coffee and snacks will be provided. With a padded seat in the Jock Stein Stand, you’ll watch the Bhoys in comfort as the crucial first leg tie gets underway at Paradise.

- Lounge access both pre & post-match and also at half-time
    - Live entertainment
    - Food & drinks available to purchase
    - A padded seat in the Jock Stein stand
    - Half-time tea, coffee and snacks
    - Matchday programme

Make a magical European night even more special, and book your place in the iconic Number 7 Restaurant, priced £295 +VAT pp.
    It’s the perfect place to entertain or celebrate a special occasion with the Celts and offers a champagne reception on arrival, followed by a sumptuous four-course meal overlooking the pitch. There’s no better way to experience a European night at Paradise. This fabulous package includes:

- A champagne reception
    - Four-course meal with wine
    - A padded executive seat to enjoy the match
    - Pre & post-match complimentary bar
    - Half-time snacks, tea and coffee
    - Matchday programme & gift
    - Car parking

4. NA CEILTIGH

@dmccourt95

Where did u find the info regarding bus. Is it a direct bus to airport.

Thanks.

Goggzy60 likes this.
  5. dmccourt95

On either GoEuro or busbud bus leaves from the bus station in Alicante about 20 mins from airport and goes to Valencia either direct or via Benidorm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

HAVING drawn Valencia in the UEFA Europa League round of 32, the Hoops will face the Spanish side in the first leg at Celtic Park on Thursday, February 14, 2019.

The vital European tie at Paradise has an 8pm kick-off, and tickets for the match are on sale now to Season Ticket holders, priced:

- Adults – £35
    - Concessions – £22
    - Under 13s – £18

The deadline for STH to purchase their seat for the tie is 5pm on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.

HOW TO BUY

Online - visit eticketing.co.uk/celtic

By Phone – Call 0871 226 1888* (option 2). Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am until 8pm and on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am until 6pm.

Please ensure that you have your client reference and payment details available when you call.

In Person – visit the Ticket Office at Celtic Park, open Monday to Friday from 9:30am until 5pm.

For Ticket Office and booking line festive hours, PLEASE SEE HERE.

UEFA RELOCATIONS
    Please note that due to UEFA requirements, some Season Ticket holders will be unable to take up their seasonal seat for these matches. Areas affected by this UEFA process and details regarding the ticketing arrangements for these areas can be found online.

CLICK HERE to find out how the UEFA requirements may affect you.

Match tickets will be issued to all Season Ticket holders who are affected by UEFA relocations, those affected will NOT have their cards activated for these matches as an alternative seat will be provided.

HOME CUP TICKET SCHEME
    The payment date for members of the Home Cup Ticket Scheme is Wednesday, January 30, 2019. Subject to payment being received on this dates, Season Tickets will be activated for those not affected by the UEFA relocations process.

CONCESSION UPGRADES
    Supporters wishing to upgrade a concession ticket for the use of an * can only do so by visiting the Ticket Office in person where match tickets will be issued. General sale * prices will apply.

Concessions upgrades for members of the Home Cup Ticket Scheme cannot be actioned until payment has been taken. Upgrades are not available in Rail Seating.

GENERAL SALE
    General Sale information will be made available in due course, subject to availability.

7. NA CEILTIGH

Has anyone any idea how many tickets Celtic will be offered or how many they will take for the away game. On average there is about 10/15k empty seats for Valencia’s home games. Against man utd two weeks ago there was over 15k seats empty. Hopefully Celtic ask for 5-10k as I think we will have a massive crowd heading over.
    Any ideas

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  8. apevrak

Valencia just lost 2-1 away to 11th placed Sporting Gijon. Yep, that's 11th place in Segunda Division.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Winner scored by a former Motherwell and Aberdeen striker!

littlekennie likes this.
  10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Is it a secret or is Wrigley’s game catching on?

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We had his brother Andre, he was * anaw.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Blackman? (Not referring to skin colour although it is ironically enough)

PaulM1888 and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  13. Keano88

Were they at full strength?

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Racist mate.

But correct :56: Nick Blackman, he’s on loan from Derby.

packybhoy likes this.
  15. apevrak

Only Gabby Paulista, Rodrigo and Neto was rested of their regular starters. The rest was first team players, some squad rotation players and one debutant, a young South Korean *.

16. FenianMelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Benkovic, Petrov and Viduka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Based on the digging about I have done, UEFA regulations state we should be offered a minimum of 5% which is 2,750. However, with that being said, any segregation to the home fans may reduce that figure. Looking at Valencia's attendances this season, they average just under 40k per league game with a max attendances of 46k for Barca and Atletico Madrid. In the UCL games they got 46k for Juve (Prob because of CR7) and 36k for Man U and Young Boys. Based on that I reckon we'll get offered 3k seats initially and once they sell out, we'll ask for more. I suspect we'll officially end up with 5k.

Not sure on what the criteria will be, but as you mention, a lot of fans will head over for a nice wee jaunt. I reckon we'll find out towards the end of Jan how many we're officially gonna get allocated and what the criteria is. I know the official Celtic Charter has sold out one plane and their working on getting another one. I think you're pretty much guaranteed a ticket if you're on a charter. If so, there is 300 out of the 2,750 gone right away.

You'll most likely find us scattered everywhere anyway. If I can't get a ticket via the club, I am gonna sit in the home end and at pitch level. * walking up all those stairs after 3 days on the sauce.

Looking at the way Valencia sell their home tickets, they go on sale around 10 days prior to the game - although this may change for UEL games.

17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yes you're guaranteed a ticket on the club charters, two planes should take that number above 300. Corporate ST holders, sponsors, players and staff etc will eat well into the allocation. Everyone and their dog seems to be travelling

As an independent, I'm guessing the criteria will start around 7 Euro aways and maybe get down to 4 at best.

You can get a seat and match ticket on the second club charter with 0 Euro aways. Hasn't been more than one club charter to any of the group games this year and I'm pretty sure last season was the same.
    Pure greed putting on a second flight IMO, shafting independents.

StPauli1916 and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Airbnb sorted, Only about 3 streets from the Mestalla with Mulligans pub around the corner, proper fell on our feet, cant feckin wait!

Heb Celt likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    They've had some awful results of late.

20. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    I'm sure the boss had two games to save his job, after last nights result he ix half way out thd door