1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I mentioned this in the match thread earlier, but anyone remember the build up to Joe Miller's goal in the 1989 cup final?

Blatant throw in to them, but the bear just took it quick and the bewildered ref waved play on

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Big Stevie Woods reaction after Rogic's penalty and how he turns around is haunting me on ssn but I keep rewinding it. It's like a carbon copy of mine..

3. Darnok

A throw-in very rarely affects the outcome of a game and it never yesterday either.

4. Markybhoy

Seeing as how the decision led to a goal it very clearly DID affect the outcome.

5. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    What are you going on about? If the throw in went the correct way they would never have scored, fact. Not making excuses because we didn't deserve to win but it clearly had an outcome because it led to there goal.

How a referee can over rule a linesman and get it wrong is baffling, to say the least.

6. Darnok

The decision never led to a goal. The boy still had to run past Brown and score a screamer. It had no affect on the outcome of the game. A poor set-up and poor performances did, and I think it more productive to talk about those rather than have the obligatory moan about the biased referee.

7. Darnok

Yes, and my point is a throw-in does not equate to a goal. That goal could have been stopped even with the incorrect award of a throw-in.

8. Onefootwonder

How many times do throw ins go the wrong way during a game and nobody ever complains?

If he was trying to give them advantage I really don't think a throw in would have been the obvious choice.

For all we can say it was lucky that the throw was awarded to them, I've not seen another person making a big deal about it. It's one of those things that happens quite a few times every game.

There's not a chance anyone could have foreseen that outcome. He appeared to be running into our defenders and had nowhere to go.

It was the wrong decision, but we can't be as bad as suggesting it was anything more than that. Claims like that are just daft.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  9. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    It was some * goal though.:54:

10. JoeDan67

Seem to remember the 89 cup final. Should have been a free kick to us or a throw in to them. We got the throw in and Joe Miller scored.

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I was saying all week I wanted Griff up front and Kazim to play just of him. This game was crying out for a big bully in our ranks. If even to knock a few Huns like skittles to rattle them a bit. Would have left more room for Griffiths. I still think this should have happened. But then again makes to much sense and is ridiculous to think of two up front. * Griff was like a little Bhoy lost trying to steal chips from the dinner table. I'm still embarrassed.

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Was reading through there and was just gonna post this Joe. Huns still go on about Aitken nicking the throw. Let's not cry like them *. We were not good enough.:50:

13. DaBomber

We didn't play well at all but were plenty good enough to beat them :31:

14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No we weren't and we didn't. :50:

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair we were a bawhair off it at the end with the freekick off the underside of the bar, probably not even 1 inch lower and that would have went off the bar and into the net.

16. DaBomber

Don't think I've ever seen a free kick hit the bar hit the keeper and not go in add to that the countless chances we created and they had two chances scored one and scored a screamer!

17. DaBomber

So by the same note you would say Celtic were the better team against Molde because you clearly think the team who see more of the ball are the better team not the team who create the more clear cut chances? Which Celtic did create more than them just like Molde created more than us and you think they were the better side? Aye ok. Too many people saying they played us off the park well I'm sorry if passing the ball between four or five players 30-40 yards from goal is passing us off the park then i hope they pass us off the park every time we play them for the rest of eternity because the ball ain't gonna trouble us when it's that far from goal.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I couldn't believe that hit off the * and went for a corner off his back. The *'s certainly weren't smiling on us..

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I jumped up celebrating :52:, as did near enough everyone in my area, my view was near enough on line with the goal line and it looked in, couldnt believe it never went in.

About as close you'll get to a last minute winner without getting it.

The one Roberts missed the sitter too, the ball could just have easily went in the net off the post as well from Griffiths shot. I mind the Old Club scored 2 goals against us at Hampden I think down that same end a few year ago Davis and Jelavic that scraped in off the post like that.

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Broony's shot in the first half too :54: