1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

They did pass us off the park though did we not have 35% possession against them? That's down right disgraceful.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We probably did, I just posted about it in the Griffiths thread, it's because we only left 1 up Griffiths against them and they were allowed to continually pass it back to their centre-halves then back into midfield and then back.

I bet you could go over the game and cut out massive parts of the game where Sevco just passed the ball round in circles between their midfield and defence and it's because Johansen never went forward enough to help Griffiths close down their defenders.

Probably 50% of the game was them "to me to you" chuckle brothers like passing from Wilson to Kiernan to Halliday, to Tavernier to Holt to Halliday to Tavernian to Wilson to Kiernan and back round and round and round while our players were all in out own half leaving Griffiths up front like a spare * probably wondering why we never put someone up with him to stop them doing it.

As Sevco never really looked to attack at all they were happy to just keep keeping the ball, had we put another guy up with Griffiths it would have forced them to go forward with the ball which would have resulted in them losing it more often and much quicker but we never.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So in short the manager is pish :56:

4. DannyBhoy_1990

Gutless, clueless, hopeless. Some, but by no means all the words that could be used to describe the abject display from Celtic yesterday. Bottom line is we were second best all of the park to an inferior team whose only thought was the glory of winning; compared to a Celtic team paralysed with a fear of losing!
    Composure, commitment and courage; all prerequisites in the heat of the Old Firm; we showed none of these things. Too many players shied away from their responsibilities. Too many hid from receiving the ball, only to then quickly off-load with usually a backward pass. No quality, no guile no drive!
    See its not really a question of ability! We've all seen teams start playing like Barca when they are 3-Nil up, knocking it about, everyone wanting a touch! No, the question is having the belief and confidence in your abilities to do it when its 0-0, when the going gets tough. You need to earn the right to play football. We merely chased shadows and hoofed balls up the park.
    Ultimately many fingers can be pointed after yesterday and deservedly so. However the buck stops with the manager! I was one of Ronny's biggest fans, however, I think the penny dropped after the Malmo game that it wasn't to be, that being said as recent as Rogic's wonder strike winner against Killie I had faint hope of a Lennon style turning point!
    Has Ronny been sold short by the board, without doubt! Our lack of European success has in my opinion first and foremost been down to a chronic lack of ambition and investment from the board. However in the cold light of day we were out-played and out-thought for most of the game yesterday by a team with a pensioner up front and the rest with less international caps combined than Deidrick Boyata! Celtic should be literally a league apart from a Rangers team built in half the time and for a fraction of the cost. Stark reality is we are shadow of the team we ought to be!
    Going forward it's clear that Ronny has to move on! Whether that be now or at the end of the season is another debate. I personally don't grudge him being allowed to win his successive title and leaving with his head held high. He has lived and breathed Celtic whilst here, and the players have let him down; but the fact is it hasn't worked out, and the big ideas haven't came to fruition!
    What's clear now is that the next manager must be a unifying force that gives the fans optimism for the future and shows a real statement of intent! He must be given the backing and ware-with-all to reinvigorate the squad and move on the players who have let us down time and time again. If not, any hope for a historic 10 in a row and once again competing at the top table of Europen football will seem like a distant fantasy!

5. Onefootwonder

BBC gave it as 37%. We had 33 attempts to their 9.

During the game the I didn't think the Sky Sports percentage was as low as that.

It wasn't as if they were dancing around us, we stood off them too much and allowed them pass it around. We just didn't close the space, but they were rarely going anywhere.

They did look fitter than us. We looked absolutely knackered in extra time.

6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We got humped by a team that is only 4 years old , no * money and a manager that has only been there less than a year.

It says a lot for our management and team

7. The Celtic Way

[​IMG]

Just about sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with that. But for me what really * me off is how bad we were in the first half in particular. That game seemed to mean so much more to them then us and once again yet another semi-final passes us by. We simply did not show up until the start of the second half. Your right we still created more chances then them and could easily and should have won the game. But the fact remains in a second big semi-final this season we played no where near our best and that left the door open which never have been allowed to happen.

9. imacdiar

I watched the whole game in the hope that and in the belief that we would take control of the game but as we know the rest is history.The only thing that could have made things worse if he had brought on CKR that would have finished me.

10. imacdiar

As i live in France i can only watch Celtic online and hav'nt missed a game in years.There has hardly been a game this season where i'm confident we will win.You can feel the lack of confidence in the team and * help us if we go behind.For me its a managment problem.

11. shaun.f

still cant believe paddy missed.

12. Glorious1967

They passed us off the park in the first half, we went right at them start of the second half scored, then sat back again, Rogic scored again, there should have been only 1 winner after that but we sat back again, its obviously that was the clowns instructions

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, that it does.

You can see that baldy * over in Govan has all of his players playing for him, for the team, for the cause.

Do we? Do we *. Wee Tierney is about the only one who has given a proper * this season week in/week out.

And it shows, badly..........

14. Markybhoy

Not that it excuses yesterday's performance in any way, but I did call that Craig Thomson would do something to affect the outcome of the game. He didn't disappoint. The throw in that led to their second goal was our throw in. The linesman gave it to us but that * Thomson overruled him and gave it to them.

Anytime that * * is refereeing one of our big games I get nervous. He has been involved in so many shocking decisions that have gone against us that it's difficult to believe it's down to coincidence or bad luck. It's a * laugh that he's regarded as the best referee in this country.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Was a foul as well in the second where Griffiths(I think) was hauled to the floor and he gave it to them. Was an absolutely ridiculous decision..

16. Onefootwonder

I didn't think he had a bad game at all.

If he had given a dodgy penalty or freekick outside the box I'd get your point, but a throw in somewhere near the middle of the park isn't something you'd expect to gain such an advantage from.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Any "mistake" is still an advantage for the opponent when they have the ball.....however big or small..

18. Bonobhoy

I walked out when the penalties where getting taken......where they all bad?

19. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mulgrews was the best, hit the side netting.

Mcgregor was unlucky, it rattled the bar.

Brown's was just terrible; he took a long run up as if he was going to smash it then gave a pathetic wee poke slightly to the keepers left who easily kept a hold of it.

20. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Bit tams went into row z