1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Aug 7, 2015.

Discuss Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yup.Pretty sure he is doing everything he can to sabotage our Champions league prospects.

2. Drosejr

Based on all the *-talking from Malmo's players, manager and fans, I would have thought they would be favored next Tuesday. Guess the bookies (who were right last night, and for all other Celtic games this year bar Kilmarnovk) must be wrong? :56:

3. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Last bit was tongue in cheek bud. But he shouldn't have gotten himself involved before the corner

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    That much is true. TBH he does get involved in things quite often that he shouldn't but it doesn't just happen in the CL.

Also although he shouldn't have got involved once he did the rest of the team had to step up and defend the corner so I won't go over board on having a pop at him ( not saying you are btw).

5. Swervedancer Guest

When they scored the second it felt like we lost and they won the game. It's a good thing bookies don't do emotional reactions. I so hope they are right!

6. calanor

Are you for real? As I said, without Stefan the two first goals wouldn't have happened. He has almost always assist or goals in games. He works his socks off running around the whole field and all you can do is critisize him for that!! geez...

7. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'd go with Commons on Tuesday off the striker. Got a feeling this game is screaming out for him, can hold the ball up, shoot from distance and gets himself into good areas in the box. Something which was lacking last night.

8. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Absolutely.

9. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Agreed on that! :50:

We'll beat them over there guys. They will be talking about their home record all week and we will go over there and score in the first few minutes. :celt_2:
    The players have to be confident about beating them, they should know by now that we're better. Need a totally professional, focused performance though and we can do it. :shamrock:

10. Shane1888

He's a professional footballer, pretty sure he can hit a mean shot with both feet :smiley-laughing002:

Just because it was on his weaker foot doesn't mean he shouldn't have scored.

'Weaker' just means he's not as good striking with that foot, doesn't mean he's * crippled on one side.

11. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wish I had that confidence mate. My head is telling me it's very doubtful especially with our away record in Europe. Heart is saying we can pull it off. It will be utter drama for 90 mins though :smiley-laughing002:

Agree that the players should be confident though, think Bitton said it last night, everyone seen who the better team was, just defensive lapses with what was 2 of their 3 or 4 attacks on goal that has put us in this position.

12. calanor

If you think Deila will play Commons for Johansen from start in Malmø, you will be dissapointed.
    Ronny has said several times that Stefan is one of his most important and trusted players. Not a chance he will not start him in that important game. Remember, the most important thing in that game is actually not to conceid a goal. It is of course also important to score, but is Commons fit enough to run up and down the field all the time?
    I think Commons will do better as an impact sub.

13. calanor

Of course it doesn't mean that he shouldn't have scored.
    Stefan isn't a natural goal scorer. His strength is other qualities. Still he scores quite a lot of goals being a midfielder. I have seen Griffiths struggle to finish when he gets the ball on his wrong foot too. It wasn't an excuse, just an explaination :86: I just find it a bit strange that suddenly people blaming him for not winning more.:86:

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Johansen is key to us pressing high up and their back line along with Griffiths, we need his energy, not to mention he got 2 assists last night.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Commons will be an impact player, last resort sort of thing if we need a goal.

16. Swervedancer Guest

Yeah Commons won't start ahead of Johansen and I'm sure Forrest will get a game after his excellent performances recently. Armstrong will start too. Commons is a good shout too, we're just blessed in midfield compared to full back positions

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Expect the same line up except Ambrose will be in for Lustig, hoping it might be Janko but doubt it very much.

18. Shane1888

Fair enough mate :50:

19. TheHappyLoss

* it I'm usually a negative * but I think we'll do it.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Give Janko a run at tannadice and get him in to contention for Malmo..